Grier and the Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier and the Draft

I mean, we've seen pretty clear indication that both Hunt and Jackson can play top quality level. However, they aren't consistent. Jackson was putrid last game, but I still have hope. If he completely regresses, I bet the team has to think long and hard about jumping on ANOTHER tackle early on the draft - much to their dismay, as it'd be in a spot we'd otherwise be looking at a skill position

So we have 3 first round picks, a chance to change our team for years to come. 3 first round picks think about that.
Tua- Looks pretty good, some alarming things but 3-1 record with pedestrian stats
Austin Jackson-Forced pick because we were dead set on a tackle, so we literally took the highest graded tackle left on our board. He is not good period. Rookie or not, you can't end up on your *** that many times in a game (and it happens often).
Iggy- We treated this like a luxury pick and paid for it. Looks like he doesn't belong on defense and is unplayable.

This doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.

So my point is im done giving Grier a free pass, he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity with three first round picks. Not like we could have used a Wr like Jefferson or anything right?
Tua does not look pretty good. He flashes some good plays, but he has a lot of bad plays. Yeah, he hasn't thrown a pick yet, technically, but he's gotten lucky so far. I've been saying this for the past month, so it's not a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's game. Tua is playing like your average rookie playing in the preseason.

Yes, our rookie O Linemen haven't played like all-pros, but again, they show potential and just need work on the mental side of things.

As far as the draft goes, yesterday's game has changed nothing for me. I still think the first pick needs to be a defensive stud. The second first needs to be an OL stud or a WR, if someone like Smith falls to us. Second round should be a RB and WR, should we not get one of those stud WRs in the latter half of the first. Harris, Gainwell, Amon-Ra. Third round, FS or OL. If we didn't get a back in the second, I like a RB like Teague or maybe Hubbard.

Tua does not look pretty good. He flashes some good plays, but he has a lot of bad plays. Yeah, he hasn't thrown a pick yet, technically, but he's gotten lucky so far. I've been saying this for the past month, so it's not a knee-jerk reaction to yesterday's game. Tua is playing like your average rookie playing in the preseason.

Yes, our rookie O Linemen haven't played like all-pros, but again, they show potential and just need work on the mental side of things.

As far as the draft goes, yesterday's game has changed nothing for me. I still think the first pick needs to be a defensive stud. The second first needs to be an OL stud or a WR, if someone like Smith falls to us. Second round should be a RB and WR, should we not get one of those stud WRs in the latter half of the first. Harris, Gainwell, Amon-Ra. Third round, FS or OL. If we didn't get a back in the second, I like a RB like Teague or maybe Hubbard.
Parsonssssssssssssssssssssss

Because we knew during the draft that Wilson and Hurn were going to opt out in July....

Dumb post.
Actually the dumb thing is you thinking Wilson and Hurns greatly improve the WR room. We have a huge void at WR, Devante is a nice #2 guy thats it.

I like what Jackson has been doing. But since you think they where dead set on taking a tackle with the 2nd first rounder. IMHO if the Cowboys don’t take Lamb the pick before he is likely a Dolphin today. As good as Jackson has been Lamb would of been to much of a value to pass up.
thats the thing that kills me, Ceedee would have been perfect. We plenty of capital to move up instead of forcing picks.

Because we knew during the draft that Wilson and Hurn were going to opt out in July....

Dumb post.
A healthy Wilson does change the offensive possibilities, but I doubt that affected the general plan and direction of the draft in the early rounds.

Love the optimism but can you tell me other than PFF rankings what you have seen in Jackson to say he is a standout? I dont see it, just curious, not trying to troll.

pure emotion. He had a rough game yesterday giving up 9 pressures. Guess that’s good enough for the bust label for OP. How dare these rookies struggle and play like rookies. They’ve been in the league for like 11 games now, they should be flawless by now right?

Actually the dumb thing is you thinking Wilson and Hurns greatly improve the WR room. We have a huge void at WR, Devante is a nice #2 guy thats it.
Wilson does greatly improve the WR room. He's a reliable slot receiver with the ability to separate and create YAC.

So if you play your two big guys out wide and have Wilson able to carve up the middle those 3 WR sets become so much more to deal with.

Parker a #2? I think Parker has proven over the last year and a half he’s a #1 alpha receiver. However he is a Lone Ranger right now and gets doubled with Williams out. Parker/Williams/Wilson/Hurns/Grant is a pretty solid core. However without those three in the middle Parker and Grant is pretty sad. I think Wilson is gone next year and our first pick goes with either Waddle/Smith or Chase

pure emotion. He had a rough game yesterday giving up 9 pressures. Guess that’s good enough for the bust label for OP. How dare these rookies struggle and play like rookies. They’ve been in the league for like 11 games now, they should be flawless by now right?
If you want to talk in extremes go for it. Of course the rookies should not be "flawless ". You do however get a pretty good sense of a guys ability after 10 games though. Austin Jackson is below average lineman with his ceiling being average. Im not paying attention to the local and national writers who are destroying him right now either. If people want to stick their head in the sand go for it. Im just hoping the Dolphins front office doesn't take that approach this offseason.

Parker a #2? I think Parker has proven over the last year and a half he’s a #1 alpha receiver. However he is a Lone Ranger right now and gets doubled with Williams out. Parker/Williams/Wilson/Hurns/Grant is a pretty solid core. However without those three in the middle Parker and Grant is pretty sad. I think Wilson is gone next year and our first pick goes with either Waddle/Smith or Chase
Devante Parker is a #1 WR? i can't dude. On what great team would parker be a WR1 right now? cmon man

Are you serious?

They should have worked all that out during OTAs, TC, and preseason games...........

Are you serious?

They should have worked all that out during OTAs, TC, and preseason games...........

really is inexcusable. Fire everyone now. I’ve never heard of rookies making mistakes, of course the Dolphins would be the first to draft a rookie that struggled.

really is inexcusable. Fire everyone now. I’ve never heard of rookies making mistakes, of course the Dolphins would be the first to draft a rookie that struggled.
I’m sure you were one of the people faithfully defending tannehill during his 7 year snooze fest here also

Back
Top Bottom