Gripes from coaches about in season moves | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gripes from coaches about in season moves

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7461549/nfl-consider-rule-coach-moves-sources-say

Apparently coaches around the league are upset that McDaniels went from the last place Rams to the first place Patriots while the season is still on going for the Pats. I don't get the complaining becaue McDaniels was essentially given his walking papers from the Rams and the Pats are losing their OC to Penn State. I understand the issue is McDaniels going to another team in the same season instead of having to wait til the Pats either lose or win the Super Bowl, but sounds like a lot of jealousy from other coaches to me.

maybe those coaches would move if they were better received lol

this is the type of **** the patriots do...it should be against the rules to add staff like this, but it's not. It's smart.

Lucky this game wasn't in season, then the Pats would sign at least two former Broncos before cutting them the following week.

To me, it's double standards. We can't sign any coach who's team is still active but it doesnt work the other way round. Regardless of wether or not it was the Pats, and people will say there cheating because of it, but it's allowed by the NFL. If we believe Philbin is our best option, we should be allowed to announce his signing if it were to come to that.

This will be changed this off season.

So a guy loses a job and goes out to find another one and is fortunate enough to find one the next week... wow, lucky him! Sometimes people just get caught up in stupid details of other peoples lives.

Back
Top Bottom