Gruden's QB Camp | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden's QB Camp

Tannehill seems a little soft-spoken for a QB, but I was impressed by his knowledge, and does seem to have some leaderhip capabilities in the way he was directing receivers in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWNjphb7M0
I'm anxious to see the whole thing. Watched Weeden today and he was impressive.

I think Tannehill is closer to Jordy Nelson than he is to Aaron Rodgers, lol. I think he can become a very good QB but if it doesn't click for him I really think he could switch to WR and not miss a beat.

Tannehill seems a little soft-spoken for a QB, but I was impressed by his knowledge, and does seem to have some leaderhip capabilities in the way he was directing receivers in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOWNjphb7M0

The part about Tannhill's session with Gruden here to take note of is the "Alerts" that he draws on the outside with the 1's when he's charting the drive concept.

An "alert" simply means it's not part of the built in progression. The only time you'll go to this alert route is if you get what you want pre-snap (press coverage as Tannehill talked about here) although he left out the MOFC identification.

Where Tannehill became more of a game manager as a Senior is that he didn't go these alerts when the coverage dictated it pre-snap. He stuck strictly to the system and to the built-in progressions.

This all goes back to my "Final Word" thread regarding Tannehill and how he became more a game manager as a Senior that wasn't comfortable with the game on his shoulders. If he plays like this in the NFL, a game manager is all he'll be. He has to take these vertical shots to the alerts in the NFL to become a difference maker. Lack of confidence in his deep ball is why I think he avoided it so much.

Impressions:

Weeden seems confident but has the cannon arm and set of skills to back it up. He is going to get drafted in the second round at the LATEST...maybe end of the first round.

Osweiler sounds like a dim bulb who says what he imagines people want to hear and it's very, very hard to imagine him being ready to take over an offense anytime soon. I was intrigued at his raw tools, but this video turned me off a bit.

Tannehill sounds like a good, sweet kid who got coached VERY well by Sherman. I can imagine him starting way sooner than people think.

Weeden or Osweiler drafted by the Phins would make me super happy.

Impressions:

Weeden seems confident but has the cannon arm and set of skills to back it up. He is going to get drafted in the second round at the LATEST...maybe end of the first round.

Osweiler sounds like a dim bulb who says what he imagines people want to hear and it's very, very hard to imagine him being ready to take over an offense anytime soon. I was intrigued at his raw tools, but this video turned me off a bit.

Tannehill sounds like a good, sweet kid who got coached VERY well by Sherman. I can imagine him starting way sooner than people think.

You mean Tannehill or Weeden right?

Impressions:

Im confused. You said Osweiler turned you off, but now you still want him?

I think he meant Weeden or Weeden ;-)

Whoops, I meant Tannehill or Weeden I would like to see drafted. The fact is it is probably better I mistyped...every year Jeff Ireland seems to read the QBs I suggest we should get and then does the exact opposite. Henne and Pat White were two of the only guys I wanted to avoid in the years they were drafted, and I would take a woodchuck drafted at QB over another free agent from the garbage heap.

Now that I typed that, cue Ireland sprinting up to the podium to get one of the two QBs on my "do not draft crap list" this year: Osweiler or Cousins.

Back
Top Bottom