Guaranteeing 5 players Won't be injured.. Who would you save?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guaranteeing 5 players Won't be injured.. Who would you save??

The 5 players you can least afford to lose:

1) Jason Taylor

2) Patrick Surtain

3) Mark Dixon

4) Ricky Williams

5) Todd Wade

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Here it goes, my top 5.. Not necessarily the Top 5 players on the team

1. Ricky Williams.. Most valuable player on the team, Top 2-3 RB in NFL, if not the best.. This is the obvious choice..

2. Jason Taylor.. TOP 2 DE in NFL, if not, the best, enough said.. Another obvious choice..

3. Mark Dixon.. Miami would then need to start a rookie 3rd rounder at LT

4. Chris Chambers.. Another Big play WR that is poised for a breakout year, superior to any WR on Miami roster..

5. Junior Seau.. Miami would have to play rookie 2nd rounder Eddie Moore, he's also the leader on this team and having him say stuff while he's on the sideline won't really hold much water in my opinion

These IMO are Miami most valuable players.. The rest could be replaced with capable starters.. If Zach got injured, Seau play MLB and Eddie/Greenwood play outside.. If Madison or Surtain got injured, Buckley fills in.. If Marion is injured, Freeman plays his natural position (FS) and Sammy stays at SS.. Fiedler could be replaced by Griese.. McMike replaced by Don Lee.. Timbo or Chester replaced by Zgonina.. That was my reasoning...

I would replace Chambers with Fiedler. I think if Chambers went down there is enough depth to fill in. If Fiedler goes down, will Griese have enough reps and knowledge of the playbook to do good?

I hope the only injury happens to DW's touchy feely way of saying nothing to a player when he messes up.
:jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I felt that we'd have bigger problems if we lost Mark Dixon as LT than if we lost Jason Taylor. Yes, our pass rush would drop two notches without Jason, but I'm not convinced our offense could function without Dixon right now. We'd be just one injury away from a disaster if Dixon went down. Without Taylor, our pass rush simply becomes average.

I had it as:

Ricky Williams
Mark Dixon
Zach Thomas
Chris Chambers
Patrick Surtain,

but I liked the points about Junior being able to step over to MLB and T-Buck being a "reasonable" fill-in for Patrick or Sam.

By the way, I spoke to Dixon's mom and she agreed that Fiedler needn't be on this list.

AGREE PRETTY MUCH!!

Ricky Williams
Mark Dixon
Zach Thomas
Chris Chambers
Patrick Surtain,

COULD MAYBE GO WITH JT INSTEAD OF DIXON...

SOMEONE ELSE COULD MAYBE STEP IT UP ON THE OLINE.

.:confused: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With 14 ballots submitted, the scoring has it as:

14 Ricky Williams
11 Jason Taylor
9 Chris Chambers
9 Mark Dixon
8 Patrick Surtain

7 Zach Thomas
5 Jay Fiedler
3 Sam Madison
3 Junior Seau
1 Todd Wade

38 votes cast for offensive players, 32 for defensive players.

Ricky was the ONLY choice appearing on all ballots.

Interesting to note how this exercise would NOT likely reflect our own choices for Pro-Bowl.

Interesting to note that acknowledged-star Zach Thomas missed making our collective Top Five in an exercise calling for five choices.

Mrs. Surtain should be happy to note that Patrick had more than twice as many votes as Sam.

The order of frequency of selection was very well-distributed, showing no single area of the team having TWO "can't afford to lose 'em" players until you are combining a player high on the list with a player ranked at 8th of the 10 on this list or lower: No position type repeats until you get down to the two players tied for eighth out of ten (Madison as the second CB listed, and Seau as the second linebacker).

Looking at depth in this way, our iconoclastic friend Mr. Clump does have a point: Wade could quickly find his way on this list if Dixon went down. Too bad his signature is erroneous and slanderous. Read the sixteen words, Clump.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to vote again...
This time I say

Dan Marino
Don Shula
Nick Buoniconti
Larry Little
Jake Scott

:cool:

Sage Rosenfels, Jeff Zgonia, Oronde Gadsden, Robert Edwards and Greg Jerman. Would hate to lose our depth backing up our starters.:jk:

Taylor, Chambers, Ricky Williams, Patrick Surtain and Jay Fiedler are the players I'd "protect".

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
This was a topic over at BuffaloZone.com forum and it was of course directed towards Buffalo over there and saw some very interested answers.. I'm going to go ahead and ask the same question here to you Dolphin Fans..

If you could save 5 players on Miami from getting injured the entire 2003 season, who would you choose??

I'll give my answers in the next post.. :D

HURRAH:drinker:

Ricky
CC
JT
Zack
Surtain

The main core on both sides.

Dixon (No one else to take the LT spot right now)
Nails (a beast when healthy)
Jay (Leader of the O)
Ricky (offense would change drastically)
McKnight (most dangerous receiver we have)

Our D could sustain more injuries than our O and survive.

Chambers
Chambers
Chambers
Chambers
Chambers

We cannot afford to have C.C. get hurt again. He is huge for this O..

Back
Top Bottom