Guaranteeing 5 players Won't be injured.. Who would you save?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guaranteeing 5 players Won't be injured.. Who would you save??

1. Ricky - nuf said
  2. JT - D MVP for AFC
  3. Zach - you want Hendricks starting at MLB
  4. Chambers - we need great year from him as #1 WR
  5. Nails - we lost both games he missed last year
    [/list=1]

RICKY - Obviuos
DIXON - No proven backup
TAYLOR - The loss would devestate our pass rush
ZACH - IMO, no proven backup
SURTAIN - Remember KC last year?

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
This was a topic over at BuffaloZone.com forum and it was of course directed towards Buffalo over there and saw some very interested answers.. I'm going to go ahead and ask the same question here to you Dolphin Fans..

If you could save 5 players on Miami from getting injured the entire 2003 season, who would you choose??

I'll give my answers in the next post.. :D

HURRAH:drinker:

JINX!

Oliver...

Originally posted by Peanut
Chambers
Chambers
Chambers
Chambers
Chambers

We cannot afford to have C.C. get hurt again. He is huge for this O..
Without Ricky, Chambers wont see the light of day on any Sunday with Defenders covering him like white sheets cover KKK members.. Ricky without a doubt is the most important guy in our offense.. Some feel Chambers is not a huge loss with Mcknight and Thompson behind him as it would be with other positions like RB, DE, LT, and so on... He is being counted on to step his game up though..

Ricky... we need him.. MVP!

Jason Taylor... dont need to explain this one.

Jay Fiedler.. i just want the man to get through a whole season so i can see how he does.

Mark Dixon... read fiedler

Zach Thomas... we need his heart.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Dixon (No one else to take the LT spot right now)
Nails (a beast when healthy)
Jay (Leader of the O)
Ricky (offense would change drastically)
McKnight (most dangerous receiver we have)

Our D could sustain more injuries than our O and survive.

Interesting.. Mcknight over Chambers>>?? I do agree with our defense being able ot sustain more injuries.. but what about Jason Taylor?? David Bowens is already out.. Are you comfortable with Burnett and Ogunleye as starters??

Interesting.. Mcknight over Chambers>>?? I do agree with our defense being able ot sustain more injuries.. but what about Jason Taylor?? David Bowens is already out.. Are you comfortable with Burnett and Ogunleye as starters??

It's more to do with the fact that Mcknight at the end of last season was our most effective WR...If chambers can make plays and show his stuff..then I'll consider him, right now, Mcknight's my man. If this was asked last summer, I could have said Chambers. On D, if JT goes down, we do have Jay Williams, Burnett, and the new guy L. Williams..I'm more comfortable with a D guy going down, that I am with a O guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dixon (No one else to take the LT spot right now)
Nails (a beast when healthy)
Jay (Leader of the O)
Ricky (offense would change drastically)
McKnight (most dangerous receiver we have)

Our D could sustain more injuries than our O and survive.

I think you are a little confused. McKnight our most dangerous receiver?!!! YEA RIGHT! Chambers is way better than him.. i even think Thompson is better than him. When Chambers went out last year.. so did our passing game! And as for our D.. you are right it can sustain more injury but not to JT! We need this guy..

Originally posted by MissMeth

I think you are a little confused. McKnight our most dangerous receiver?!!! YEA RIGHT! Chambers is way better than him.. i even think Thompson is better than him. When Chambers went out last year.. so did our passing game! And as for our D.. you are right it can sustain more injury but not to JT! We need this guy..

Which WR played the best down the stretch last year? Just my humble Opinion..I'm looking at the facts and not the hype..In the long run, I expect Chambers to be better than McKnight...I'm just looking at recent history.

It's more to do with the fact that Mcknight at the end of last season was our most effective WR...If chambers can make plays and show his stuff..then I'll consider him, right now, Mcknight's my man. If this was asked last summer, I could have said Chambers. On D, if JT goes down, we do have Jay Williams, Burnett, and the new guy L. Williams..I'm more comfortable with a D guy going down, that I am with a O guy.

In your list, I'd switch McKnight for JT and I'll be OK with it.. To me, Ricky and JT are the only ones on our team that cannots be replaced.. No DE that we have can consistantly pressure a QB like JT does or maybe your considering the likeliness of Miami to increase their blitzing packages.. Respect your list.. Just questioned you on it to see what you were thinking..;)

Ricky Williams
Jay Fiedler
Chris Chambers
Jason Taylor
Mark Dixon

In your list, I'd switch McKnight for JT and I'll be OK with it.. To me, Ricky and JT are the only ones on our team that cannots be replaced.. No DE that we have can consistantly pressure a QB like JT does or maybe your considering the likeliness of Miami to increase their blitzing packages.. Respect your list.. Just questioned you on it to see what you were thinking..;)

In our D, I haven't seen Jay Williams, Rob Burnett, or L. Williams play on a consistent basis, because of our starters...so I don't know what they can do on a consistent basis. I know they played well when they started on other teams..Burnett used to be a beast..Jay had a good year with Carolina, but they played a different D than we do, so I don't know what they could do in our D. But one thing is for sure, they can play. So I could probably live without JT...but on O, we just don't have the depth like we do on D. As you said, we could blitz more with Seau..but overall, I don't expect our D to fall to pieces. Ogun maybe the real deal also..with JT on the other side it will be hard to tell anytime soon. On the O, if McKnight can pick up where he left off last year, this will help Chambers archieve the billing of a #1, if they can't double CC, because they're worried about McKnight. This open our O for Ricky's running, the TE's underneath and Rob out in the Flats.. Both Safties will have to play deep to keep CC and McKnight form getting to the long ones..Safties back, Ricky pops 8 yards before they can get to him..This kind of goes with my theories on the WR positions I posted on the Oronde thread..I just think speed on the outside opens this O up..go back and look at Norv's Dallas days, when he had Irvin and Harper, both speed guys. A safety just can play up and cheat, he has to respect the WR's speed, I think this is why Buffalo had a lot of success last year, and the Rams, fast Wideouts, and Mcknights the Key, he has to play big for all this to work.

I'd have to say.....

1. Ricky - We NEED him to have a successful season
2. Fiedler - Same as above..a Leader on this team
3. Taylor - We need the Top DE's presence on the field
4. Chambers - We need a Go to guy
5. Nails - He was HUGE (literally, lol) for our O - Line last year and was rickys Best blocker..replacing him with a rookie would be shaky

Fiedler - We were at our best with Jay at QB last year
JT - We don't get any pressure without him luring the double/triple teams
Ricky - Would we win any games without him?
Thomas - Our tackling machine
Seau - Needs to make big plays

Back
Top Bottom