Guess we won’t be drafting Sewell. Lol | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess we won’t be drafting Sewell. Lol

Money goes with him if we can find a taker.

We'll pay half.
We have the least amount of dead cap in the entire league. Two years ago we had the most by far.

Moving every player and taking dead cap along they way (KVN - $4M, Flowers $5M) is not prudent investing.

That is how we got to where we were to begin with.....

Oh, and Flowers is still the best OG on the roster...

He only started one game. Davis played for Jackson no?
Yep Davis starts at left tackle for Jackson. Davenport only filled in during seahawk game in 3rd 4th quarter.

His contract is guaranteed... and it would go with him to his new team.

No cap penalty.

We might have to eat half.
Both overthecap and spotrac have a dead money number of close to 11 million if he is cut pre June 1st.

Is there no dead money if he is traded?

Both overthecap and spotrac have a dead money number of close to 11 million if he is cut pre June 1st.

Is there no dead money if he is traded?
His contract is guaranteed... that isn't the same as if he'd gotten a signing bonus.

If traded, the new team would accept the guaranteed contract... and the old team eats the signing bonus.

Go back to OTC and set it for Trade post June 1st

I have thought of one reason to sign Fluker... is just hit me... I'm slow.

Flowers.

If Hunt and Kindley are the Guards... we have to get rid of Flowers.

We'll even eat part of the contract to move him.
Naaaaa, Flowers is in town for one more year. He's a $10m cap hit right now and a $9m post June 1. Cut him after this season and it's $1m. He could get beat out, but he'll still be on the roster for 2021.

His contract is guaranteed... that isn't the same as if he'd gotten a signing bonus.

If traded, the new team would accept the guaranteed contract... and the old team eats the signing bonus.

Go back to OTC and set it for Trade post June 1st
Thanks, I have never looked all that close at the cap sites.

So if they found a team that wanted to trade for him there would only be 1 miilion in dead money.

I still think they give him another year as i can't see much of a market for him and the cap savings are not so huge that they need to move him.

Naaaaa, Flowers is in town for one more year. He's a $10m cap hit right now and a $9m post June 1. Cut him after this season and it's $1m. He could get beat out, but he'll still be on the roster for 2021.
Again... his cap cost is transferable.

He can't be cut, but he CAN be traded.

His cap cost is because his salary is guaranteed, not because he got it as a bonus.

Thanks, I have never looked all that close at the cap sites.

So if they found a team that wanted to trade for him there would only be 1 miilion in dead money.

I still think they give him another year as i can't see much of a market for him and the cap savings are not so huge that they need to move him.
If we draft a Tevin Jenkins at 18, and I'm not saying that we will, then Hunt moves inside... and Flowers becomes expendable.

Yes, we can keep him for a year and we can afford him... but we all realize that he won't be here beyond next year. We knew that about Lawson and Van Noy as well... and look what happened.

If we can get someone to pay half of Flowers contract... and take him off our hands, it's win/win. It saves us 5M of cap, and lets us move on.

I have been calling for OT as a high priority in this Draft.

I want to move Hunt inside and swing Kindley over to LG.

I would prefer Darrisaw or Vera-Tucker to Jenkins since they are both better pass blockers but Jenkins is a true RT so there would be no adjustment there.

And he would help them with the power running game they seem to want to run.

IMHO, it was a mistake to add Fluker. Our OL recruitment has been a train wreck outside of Austin Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom