Guess who's coming home? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess who's coming home?

MY inside source says that Griese will in fact come to Miami and WILL START....drinking again. :lol: Just kidding, I hope...

Lets set the record straight about a couple of things:

1. First, lets be honest. It is as ridiculous to credit Jay with the teams winning percentage as it is to credit Dilfer for winning the Ravens Super Bowl. In both cases strong defenses have dominated the wins and the QB did just enough to keep it intact. But to compare one teams winning percentage to anothers is not a reflection of the abilities of each player. It is still a team sport.

2. No one knows who will start. The chronics on this board point to the Coaches and constantly say "trust them, they know more than you do". "They are experts" So take your own advice. There are many other "back-up QBs" out there they could have brought in here. There would be no controversy at all and they would be clearly seated behind Jay. And not cost them too much. But instead, they are looking to sign a high paid starter who on top of that is a team legacy. They know the pressure and controversy it will start. If is hard to imagine doing all of that unless Griese will be thrown into the mix to fight for the starting position. And it is hard to imagine Griese would come in unless he knew he could compete.

So, If Jay is, and remains the starter, he is going to have to earn it. Either way we will be better off.

Brian Griese should be the starting quarterback for Miami. He has easily outproduced Jay Fiedler in every passing category across the board over the past three years combined and in each season as well.

Only in homerland and in Dave Wannstedt's head is Jay a better quarterback than Brian.

The upgrade in the accuracy on passes from 10-19 yards in length will be enough to move the passing game from the 26th ranked Jay lead passing attack to one that will be in the top 15.

Griese complete's 59% of those passes where Fiedler completes only 42% of those passes. His pathetically weak arm won't let him complete many passes over 10 yards in length.

If there is a legitimate competition, unlike what happened in 2000 between Damon and Jay, there is no doubt in my mind that Brian Griese would win it. He's at least 3 times the quarterback Jay Fiedler is.

Fin-atic, agreed. However, with Fiedler already having been in Turner's system for a year and Griese most likely not to be in it until June 1st or 2nd, you have to believe that Fiedler holds an advantage.

KB21, so you are actually saying that you would rather have Damon Huard over Jay Fiedler? I know you are no fan of Fiedler, but Damon Huard? Yikes. I agree that Griese has a stronger arm and probably is a better overall athlete than Jay, but I don't think he takes the reigns this season, unless Fiedler absolutley tanks it or, more likely, he gets injured.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
he said he was a griese fan because they both went to michigan....maybe the guy never had a favorite nf team but likes to follow his fellow alums in the nfl......not that out of the ordinary.....i have a friend that loves the cowboys but also roots for all michigan players around the nfl and nba.......

That is way too weird. I also have a friend that fits that exact description as well--Cowboys/Michigan players. :eek:

Originally posted by Samphin
KB21, so you are actually saying that you would rather have Damon Huard over Jay Fiedler? I know you are no fan of Fiedler, but Damon Huard? Yikes. I agree that Griese has a stronger arm and probably is a better overall athlete than Jay, but I don't think he takes the reigns this season, unless Fiedler absolutley tanks it or, more likely, he gets injured.

IMO, it's 6 of one and a half a dozen of the other between those two. Neither is starting QB material (Fiedler and Huard). Both would make high quality back ups.

Huard had his problems. He held onto the ball too long and had a deer caught in the headlights look about him most of the time. Huard at least had some arm strength.

Fiedler is so friggin limited in his ability. He has no arm at all and struggles to complete anything past 10 yards in length. His accuracy isn't that good, because he rarely, if ever, hits a receiver in stride. How many times have you seen Chambers/McKnight have to slow down on a downfield throw? It happens far too often. Receivers are supposed to be able to run under those passes, not slow down and come back to those passes.

If you knew me back then, you would have known that I thought Miami had the worst QB situation in the NFL then with those two competing for the starting job. I was for neither one of them. But, of the two, I thought Huard got screwed up the butthole by Wannstedt.

griese will fit right in down there in miami.. plenty of bars for him to frequent.

Originally posted by zachseau13

I can see where that is possible, if Dan Marino would have gone to Minnesota in his final year I would have remained a Marino fan.
The Dolphins would still have my first allegiance, but I would have been hoping for a Dolphin-Viking Super Bowl

Oh I would have loved that, and I would have hoped they knocked Marino's block off!!!

I was a great big Marino supporter for years but only because he was on my favorite team, him being great was just icing on the cake.

It's all about the Miami Dolphins.

Question to the moderator: Why can't I put my gif in my avatar? It would look much better. Thank You ;D

I'm sure it's past the size limit.

I agree T, Griese will fit right in Miami.

In fact, I want him to start, I couldn't think of a better guy (OK, maybe I could) for the Miami job.

Oh, and WCF, his name is PlummerNextMontana now. :lol:

Originally posted by GrieseInMiami
What is the size limit?

GrieseInMiami

The size limit is exactly the problem...

avatars can be no more than 20k in size, with dimensions not exceeding 150x150 pixels.

yours is only 120x120 pixels, but it's huge... 1.5MB.

if it was close.... I could stretch the limit for you.. but that's a pretty big stretch....

sorry.

Tatonka nailed it there... Griese and the bar. Both of these qb are solid unspectacular guys who cant live up to the legends that played before them. Griese's arm no stronger than Fiedler's and he isnt as moblie, he may be smarter on the whole, but isnt as familiar with Norv's simpler style.

Think there will be no dropoff from jay to brian, that may be the key. Your bench is better whoever plays #2, and neither lasted a full season injury free in past 2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom