Guesses on the final 3 cuts due before Tuesday

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
TE Gray
CB Pitts
RB Thomas

A RB needs to go and Thomas is a clear choice. TE is a disaster and no way Miami is keeping 4 of them. The third cut I'm going with Pitts just don't think he makes it on the 53 would like him on the PS though.

ChrisEAS

Starter
Reaction score
I would hold off on letting go of anyone who is a TE, LB or CB simply because those are needed positions right now. We may as well keep all of them and see if anyone shines anything. But, they already did let go of a few.

1 dol fan

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think we start to think about making some tough dline cuts. Probably one of the DEs, maybe Lang? I don't remember hearing him do much so far. Also dion Jordan might be a candidate if they don't decide to throw him on Non football injury list.

Am I correct that nfi will freeze his contract for another year like kiko Alonso?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
If Jordan Phillips wasn't a 2nd round pick last year he'd be on the chopping block imo. He hasn't done jack squat this pre season. Gase and Vance Joseph need to pull him into their office and try to light a fire under his ***.

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
If Jordan Phillips wasn't a 2nd round pick last year he'd be on the chopping block imo. He hasn't done jack squat this pre season.
I have heard the total opposite. Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL specifically remarked how good he looked at training the day he came to Miami. In another segment he named Jordan Phillips as the Dolphin to make the biggest improvement. Also Adam Gase has made some positive comments re Phillips. He's not on the chopping block.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
1-Dallas thomas
2-Dallas Thomas
3-Dallas Thomas

Ozzy rules!!

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
I have heard the total opposite. Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL specifically remarked how good he looked at training the day he came to Miami. In another segment he named Jordan Phillips as the Dolphin to make the biggest improvement. Also Adam Gase has made some positive comments re Phillips. He's not on the chopping block.
From reporters reports at camp he hasn't done a thing. He was invisible in the pre season games. Did not make any plays in 31 snaps vs. Dallas. He was bullied and pushed all over that game.

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Phillips is fine...Warmsley makes the team as well.

Rick Cartman

It is what it is
Reaction score
If Jordan Phillips wasn't a 2nd round pick last year he'd be on the chopping block imo. He hasn't done jack squat this pre season. Gase and Vance Joseph need to pull him into their office and try to light a fire under his ***.
He's fine. Not that it's exactly the same, but the Dolphins waited almost 3 seasons for the light bulb to go off with Soliai. They're going to be patient with Phillips.

NRA

Roll Gypsy Roll
Reaction score
The way to light a fire under his *** is to start walmsley in his place opening day. Then maybe philips will show he has something in his jock. If he sits and pouts, then fine, he was never going to be a competitor and we have the right guy on the line next to suh. If it wakes him up and he plays consistant, agressive ball, all the better.

Thats how it needs to be done. And philips knows that kid has the goods and wants his job so that would shake him down watching walmsley start.

Top Bottom