GuS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GuS

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I agree, he is making the right reads and he knows and feels the timing within the pocket. The results are not pretty and his accuracy is the only benchmark where as fans he deserves ridicule, but he is the best person right now to play the position and know exactly what is to happen every single play.....he puts the team in the best position....its the accuracy that is hit or miss.

I think the time to make a QB change is when Saban can hold a press conference and say "the offense is playing great as a unit and individuals are doing their job, but the QB is off in his throws and that has to change." Until then Saban has valid reasons to ride it out with Gus.

Right now I think Gus is one of the few who knows in every play where everyone is supposed to be. And right now I dont think Saban sees in the Film everyone being where they are supposed to be.
Yup. I believe he's a good Qb, but whether or not he's a good passer is a diiferent story.:D I think he can turn it around tho. He'll have a solid second half IMO.

DolfanTom said:
I'll say this about Gus - at least he hasn' thrown any Pick-6 passes this season. That said, I wish he'd start throwing more often for six for us. He's left some big plays out there over the last few weeks - some that would be sure or possible TDs.

It could be worse, I suppose. We've all seen that here the last few years.

:yeahthat:

Dolphins_SR66 said:
....Right now I think Gus is one of the few who knows in every play where everyone is supposed to be. And right now I dont think Saban sees in the Film everyone being where they are supposed to be.

Where was Welker supposed to be? In the stands with the fans waiting for the pass?:confused:

Gus sucks!!!!

dw10 said:
c'mon man. The one thrown to Mcmike's feet didn't matter. Had he caught it, he would have gained a yard. Pushing the pass to where Randy could have caught it would have risked an INT....it wouldn't have been worth it for a 1 yd gain.
As for the INT in the Endzone....tipped ball. The one down the middle hit Randy in the hands. Again, the pass could have been better but it should have been caught.
Hey, I don't think tere's a QB in the league who didn't miss an open WR yesterday. It happens, they're human, ya know.

My god people. I am tired of many posters that bashed people for giving an inexperienced qb some latitude are now giving Gus every excuse in teh book. Oh the int was a tipped ball, so? Was it a good pass? NO! Did he completely misfie to a WIDE open Welker in the endzone? Or Welker on third down that would have kept a drive alive? Iff it was just this game, I would understand, but the only consistency Gus has shown is that he will consistently overthrow passes each week.

It is funny how people will make excuses for guys they like while bash the ones they dont when in truth both probably should get some benefit of teh doubt but both should be held to the same standards and be accountable. I got caught in that trap and am committed to it not happening again. I am not going to be soley focused on the ifs, but focus on the 'is'. That is, you can say if Randy makes a circus catch, if they stop and make the tough catches, Gus would look better, but there is also teh if Gus had decent accuracy there were chances to win at least 2 other games. What Gus is, is a qb that can read defenses, doesnt kill you generally with crucial mistakes in inopportune times, but doesnt have the consistent accuracy to make the plays necessary to be a great qb. While he isnt losing us games week in and week out, he isnt making the plays to win them either.

At some point, you cant say that a qb that doesnt lose games is enough. A qb should be able to win games as well as not lose them, otherwise, all that you have is stats that look better, but a record that is the same.

Calgaryfin said:
Where was Welker supposed to be? In the stands with the fans waiting for the pass?:confused:

Gus sucks!!!!

Do you understand the difference between knowing where everyone is supposed to be and Gus not being as accurate as you would like him to be?

So on that given play Welker was where he was supposed to be, but the completion didnt happen, ok move on.

As I stated, once Saban can look at the film and consistently say, yup everyone on offense is doing their individual job on every play, but the QB still is not accurate enough then its time to make a change at QB....until then, the issue is bigger than one play that you believe should be completed.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Do you understand the difference between knowing where everyone is supposed to be and Gus not being as accurate as you would like him to be?

So on that given play Welker was where he was supposed to be, but the completion didnt happen, ok move on.

As I stated, once Saban can look at the film and consistently say, yup everyone on offense is doing their individual job on every play, but the QB still is not accurate enough then its time to make a change at QB....until then, the issue is bigger than one play that you believe should be completed.

But that is what the point is, it isnt ONE play, it has been many over a period of 4 weeks or more. Hell he missed 2 in teh Jets game. I agree that there are other concerns, which is why the move hasnt been made yet, but if it was one pass, there wouldnt be question.

At the start of the season everyone said that they would've been happy if Gus didn't LOSE games... and just be happy that he is a caretaker..
Rickyruns over.. Im sick of people forgetting what Gus's role really is.
If Sage is an improvement to Gus HE WOULD BE STARTING.. BUT HE NOT!
The QB you seek IS NOT ON ROSTER!.
We're stuck with our QB situation for the season.
Everyone knew GUS sucked BEFORE the season started.... All this crybabying...

Ive said this over and over again... You don't throw away a season to "develop" players. Its NEVER done... You put a guy in because the coaches feel he can "get the job done"... not to "see what he's got"
You want to see this team implode.. switch the QB and tell all those vets that the organization is giving up on the season...
If Sage PROVES he DESERVES to start through his work ethich Moday through Saturday.. I'll back him... But obviously... he isn't

rickeyrunsover said:
But that is what the point is, it isnt ONE play, it has been many over a period of 4 weeks or more. Hell he missed 2 in teh Jets game. I agree that there are other concerns, which is why the move hasnt been made yet, but if it was one pass, there wouldnt be question.

You and others just don't get it.

Gus is going to miss throws...due to his inaccuracy...he will toss it to the right player, but it may be too high or too low...etc.

Put Sage in, and he will miss throws too. However the difference is why did he miss them....for him there will be several reasons...lack of familiarity with the playbook,...inability to read/react to defense, pressure from the defense, panic.

So which pill do you swallow?

dw10 said:
c'mon man. The one thrown to Mcmike's feet didn't matter. Had he caught it, he would have gained a yard. Pushing the pass to where Randy could have caught it would have risked an INT....it wouldn't have been worth it for a 1 yd gain.
As for the INT in the Endzone....tipped ball. The one down the middle hit Randy in the hands. Again, the pass could have been better but it should have been caught.
Hey, I don't think tere's a QB in the league who didn't miss an open WR yesterday. It happens, they're human, ya know.
I would agree with you, but he has missed far too much to just blame it on being human. The picked pass was tipped because it was behind McMike. The overthrow of Welker was as bad as the bouncer he through to Chambers at the end of the half last week against KC. And how many times has he missed a wide open WR deep this season?

Happens too much for my taste, but it could be worse so I'll keep my complaining to a minimum. One, he doesn't make huge mistakes (unlike Feebs and Feels). Two, unlike Feebs and Feels, I know he won't be around long-term, so I can live with him in the short-term.

rickeyrunsover said:

We all know its more than just one play, but no one talks about countering the criticism of the obvious bad pass with the really good pass that he fits in between defenders with touch. No one talks about the QB they want to insert in knowing where everyone on this offense should be and how they react to the pressure or what the D gives them against a given play. You have seen the best possible option we have as a team running this offense. Live with the inacurracy but pay attention to the fact that the game is in the best hands right now.

I personally have seen a lot of really nice passes where he has done the job correctly to get the ball to the open guy with touch in both short and long routes. So his % is low, live with it.....I just dont think accuracy is the benchmark that Saban is watching right now when it comes to the offense clicking and doing their respective assingments. And taking one single play out of context of what is taking place to make this a more accurate passing attack is missing the point.

So my point is with all the other areas, until Saban can make the statement that no other areas are a concern of his and that only leaves the accuracy of the QB, stop whining about the missed passes and sit back and look at the big picture.

Gus is here to be a caretaker and know the offense inside and out. He isnt the future, but he is the best shot at the present to make sure the other areas of the offense do their job and he is prepared to try to do his.

Its up to Saban and Crew and only them as to the when's and why's for a QB change. Pointing out and whining about an incomplete is small, in comparison to benchmarking the total offense and getting this system and scheme under control.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I agree, he is making the right reads and he knows and feels the timing within the pocket. The results are not pretty and his accuracy is the only benchmark where as fans he deserves ridicule, but he is the best person right now to play the position and know exactly what is to happen every single play.....he puts the team in the best position....its the accuracy that is hit or miss.

I think the time to make a QB change is when Saban can hold a press conference and say "the offense is playing great as a unit and individuals are doing their job, but the QB is off in his throws and that has to change." Until then Saban has valid reasons to ride it out with Gus.

Right now I think Gus is one of the few who knows in every play where everyone is supposed to be. And right now I dont think Saban sees in the Film everyone being where they are supposed to be.

Canadianfishfan said:
At the start of the season everyone said that they would've been happy if Gus didn't LOSE games... and just be happy that he is a caretaker..
Rickyruns over.. Im sick of people forgetting what Gus's role really is.
If Sage is an improvement to Gus HE WOULD BE STARTING.. BUT HE NOT!
The QB you seek IS NOT ON ROSTER!.
We're stuck with our QB situation for the season.
.... All this crybabying...

Ive said this over and over again... You don't throw away a season to "develop" players. Its NEVER done... You put a guy in because the coaches feel he can "get the job done"... not to "see what he's got"
You want to see this team implode.. switch the QB and tell all those vets that the organization is giving up on the season...
If Sage PROVES he DESERVES to start through his work ethic Monday through Saturday.. I'll back him... But obviously... he isn't

Dolphins_SR66 said:

Oh I see, when its the recievers fault we can talk about it but when Gus CONTINUALLY over throws and under throws ( even the TV announcers couldn't believe how many times he screwed up and went on and on about it-they said zip about recievers and bad routes) we should move on?:shakeno:

I'll say it again.... Graft a Laser Sight onto Frerrotes Freaking Head!!!!

Calgaryfin said:
Oh I see, when its the recievers fault we can talk about it but when Gus CONTINUALLY over throws and under throws ( even the TV announcers couldn't believe how many times he screwed up and went on and on about it-they said zip about recievers and bad routes) we should move on?:shakeno:

He did complete 16 of of 28 throws or 57% of his passes. To say that he continually over throws receivers would be a tad extreme. Please also remember that some of his completions were really nice.

Back
Top Bottom