Hacksaw reports Sammy night back in Miami today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hacksaw reports Sammy night back in Miami today

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Xtra 690 in San Diego (Hacksaw) reported tonight the Sammy Knight was in Miami today talking contract again with the Dolphins. Thats all he knew..........no details on amount, length, etc....but he did say the Fins want to get the deal done.

Great to see the F.O. going full speed ahead after Knight. :rocker:

Sounds to me like he wants to be a Fin as much as most of us want him to be a Dolphin.

I hope he comes

Man that chick is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly according to aqua we're offering only a little above the vet's minimum on a one year deal, with a promise that should he pan out and be productive for us, we will take care of him next year with a longterm contract.

He also, supposedly, has offers on the table already that are bigger than ours but he still wants to try and get something done with us.

I hope they get something done soon. What I would do if I were the coaches is pay him a little above the veterans minimum but pay the premium on a one year injury insurance policy so that he can cash in if something happens preventing him from getting a good contract from us next year if he does well.

ME TOO!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Supposedly according to aqua we're offering only a little above the vet's minimum on a one year deal, with a promise that should he pan out and be productive for us, we will take care of him next year with a longterm contract.

He also, supposedly, has offers on the table already that are bigger than ours but he still wants to try and get something done with us.

I hope they get something done soon. What I would do if I were the coaches is pay him a little above the veterans minimum but pay the premium on a one year injury insurance policy so that he can cash in if something happens preventing him from getting a good contract from us next year if he does well.

Good idea. I just hope they get it done and soon!

The fact that he has much more lucrative offers on the table....and still remains unsigned....shows just how much Knight wants to be a Dolphin right now. We are unquestionably his top choice. And him being in Miami again today (allegedly) only furthers that assumption.

Hopefully this deal will get done.

Also, since it's that time of year and draft position is a hot topic......I thought I'd point out that Sammy Knight was an undrafted free agent who had never played safety until he reached the NFL. :)

Originally posted by Muck
Also, since it's that time of year and draft position is a hot topic......I thought I'd point out that Sammy Knight was an undrafted free agent who had never played safety until he reached the NFL. :)

Muck,...Only kinda. He played Safety JJ's Miami 4-3 Base all 4 years in High school at Rubidoux, then early on at USC before they moved him. In fact, the defensive staff at that HS was excellent and he knows the system well enough right now to coach it. I know that for a fact because during spring or summer ball he visited us like he always does and he came by and helped me (Coached DB's and RB's) when I was working with my DB's. He knew everything we were doing.

USC movede him because he was such an outstanding player, they moved him to WLB (Place for the D's best player SS-OLB type)......He was an outstanding HS Safety. Everyone was surprised out here when they moved him to WLB.

I think Moore would be a interesting project there, but I think he's going to be good on the outside too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a Rover type position at USC?? Or strictly LB??

Originally posted by Muck
Was it a Rover type position at USC?? Or strictly LB??

Strickly WLB......but he was more of a SS converting to WLB rather than a WLB converting to SS.

He's a Great person. If we get him I'll post some really cool stuff on him. He is so much of what we need personality - leadership wise. No quit in him.

I'd say chalk it up.. I don't see a way that Sammy Knight doesn't end up with Miami.. To me, it's a done deal... Let's just get it in writing...
;)

HOORAH:drinker:

Hey CKParrothead. I have been reading your posts the last week or so, and I have found myself agreeing with a lot of what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom