Hacksaw reports Sammy night back in Miami today | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hacksaw reports Sammy night back in Miami today

I think Wooden is the most likely casualty of a Knight signing. He is a better safety than McGarrahan but not as good on ST. Wooden might be as good as Freeman at SS but not FS and he doesn't have Freeman's long term potential. Wooden's best chance, outside of a injury would be if Marion's contract made him an attractive place to cut.

I think Wooden would be the fourth safety...

his versatility, special teams and leadership would probably keep him around...

Its an intriguing dilemna though...how many safeties would or could Miami keep. God knows they would be better in terms of depth at S than at CB.

I think McGarrahan would likely be gone. Wooden is still pretty good on special teams and provides veteran depth

I like rafael's idea of cutting Brock. He's not what he once was, and several tds this year were directly the result of a failure to provide over-the-top coverage on deep receivers. While Freeman was also a culprit here, he is faster and hits harder.

We will probably keep Marion and Freeman if we get Knight, and use Freeman as a quality backup at both safety and corner.

Originally posted by wahwee
I like rafael's idea of cutting Brock. He's not what he once was, and several tds this year were directly the result of a failure to provide over-the-top coverage on deep receivers. While Freeman was also a culprit here, he is faster and hits harder.

We will probably keep Marion and Freeman if we get Knight, and use Freeman as a quality backup at both safety and corner.

Brock will most likely be gone next year if Knight is sign to long term deal.Freeman will be the heir to starting FS spot next year where he is much better suited than SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get rid of Marion - he's not what he once was and didn't really make too many big plays last year. Knight is a big time playmaker.

I don't think they would release Brock...

this year...but I guess stranger things have happened.

I hope we sign Knight fast, Keep all the staters from last year...McG may have to be a casulty, but our depth would be better..and non of the S contract except Marion would be an issue..

If we sign Knight for Marion, all hope has been lost. Freeman is the worst defensive player on our team (starter), and to start him over a Pro-Bowler last year (he may not have deserved it, but he is a solid football player) is just ludicrous. I would RIP the front office for that move. It would be the stupidest thing the Miami Dolphins organization has ever done in its history.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
If we sign Knight for Marion, all hope has been lost. Freeman is the worst defensive player on our team (starter), and to start him over a Pro-Bowler last year (he may not have deserved it, but he is a solid football player) is just ludicrous. I would RIP the front office for that move. It would be the stupidest thing the Miami Dolphins organization has ever done in its history.

Freeman wasn't bad but he needs to bulk up more to play SS and that why he had hard time agaisnt TE's.Freeman has talent but just playing out of position.Brock should be starter this year but next year is a whole different story.

Freeman sucks, I'll take Brock over arturo anyday, and what happened to your loyalty. Marion has made significant contributions as a dolphin for quite some time now. Marion , Knight , Madison, and Surtain is the best secondary in football next year.

I agree....

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Freeman sucks, I'll take Brock over arturo anyday, and what happened to your loyalty. Marion has made significant contributions as a dolphin for quite some time now. Marion , Knight , Madison, and Surtain is the best secondary in football next year.

Looks Good!

No doubt about it , we all want Knight but someone has to be cut which will make some of us unhappy. Surprisingly we resigned Wooden just before the draft as he probably would have been the odd man out and may still be. I doubt even the coaches know now until after signing Knight and start to think about player ability, cap space and special team implications.

Back
Top Bottom