Hall of Famer Mike Singletary expects Karlos Dansby to thrive under Mike Nolan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hall of Famer Mike Singletary expects Karlos Dansby to thrive under Mike Nolan

MARSHALLAW305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ORLANDO - San Francisco head coach Mike Singletary, a pretty good linebacker in his day, believes Karlos Dansby is going to take his game to another level with the Dolphins.
New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan is a big reason.
Nolan knows linebackers, said one of the greatest to ever play the position.

“That’s his forte,” Singletary said this morning during the NFC coaches’ breakfast at the NFL Owners’ Meetings.
Singletary, who coached under Nolan with the Ravens and 49ers, expects Dansby to go from a good player to a game-changer under Nolan.
Nolan wants inside linebackers with Dansby’s size (6-4, 250) and wide range of skills. Singletary expects Nolan to inspire Dansby to do things he didn’t do during six seasons with the Cardinals.
“He’s very solid as a football player,” Singletary, an eight-time All-Pro and Hall of Famer with the Bears, said of Dansby. “I think there’s some things that maybe he can do that maybe he hasn’t shown as much. I’m not sure how often he blitzed when he was at Arizona.
“I can guarantee you that Mike is going to get the absolute best out of him. He has the blitzing ability and Mike is going to ask him to do it more.”
Singletary ended his Hall of Fame career 1992.
When he returned to the game as a coach, he learned the ropes from Nolan in Baltimore.
Singletary coached linebackers in 2003-04 when Nolan as the Ravens defensive coordinator and Ray Lewis, Peter Boulware, Adalius Thomas and Terrell Suggs were Pro Bowl linebackers.
Singletary became Nolan’s assistant head coach and linebackers coach when he left for San Francisco in 2005. In 2007, the 49ers drafted Patrick Willis, who’s been to three straight Pro Bowls.
“The thing about Mike Nolan is he has a tremendous work ethic,” Singletary said. “He’s very bright in terms of looking at personnel and he really gets deep into personalities and really tries to utilize the personalities on the defenses, making sure those guys who have the talent, he lets them know, ‘Hey, I’m going to call your number.’
“He will challenge a guy to be the best he can be.”
Dansby has been a productive player, but never a Pro Bowler even though he’s now the highest-paid inside linebacker in the game.
Nolan should help Dansby earn it.

PALM BEACH POST DAILY BLOG BY EDGAR THOMPSON

Cameron Wake is gonna be such a beast next year I expect double digit sack totals

^^^ I can't freaking wait to see Cam Wake out there... he's such a beast!

Nolan is the reason why I think we'll go OLB in the first.

Dansby better step up his game
109 tackles with 1 sack ,1 forced fumble,1 interception does not translate to the highest paid inside line backer in football.

109 tackles with 1 sack ,1 forced fumble,1 interception does not translate to the highest paid inside line backer in football.

It does in "FREE AGENCY" when you have to overpay for good players in their prime.

Excellent Thread, five stars. Finally some talks about out our big FA signing. So, tired ,of hearing about fat *** Ryan, the Jets signing and the jets.

Excellent Thread, five stars. Finally some talks about out our big FA signing. So, tired ,of hearing about fat *** Ryan, the Jets signing and the jets.

I agree aswell .. My excitement about this guy grows every time i think about him and nolan collaborating.

Are you talking about Dansby's 2009 stats or Crowders career?

All kidding aside we need production at NT, so Dansby can roam free making plays!

I have to sound of. Ever since we signed Dansby all you here from the local media & radio host is the Jets this , the jets thats. Dammit this is Miami, how about the Dolphins signing Dansby, the best LB in the market. What about the Fins signing Icognito an O-lineman considered the nastiest player in football. I like us being low ki, but Im tired of this Jets talk in Miami. DONE WITH SALGUERO, KELLY AND BIG O and their hardons for Ryan and Dirty Sanchez.

Draw a line on the sand, pick your side and choose if you are a Jet or a Dolphin and if you are a Jet get the **** out of Miami and go crawl up Fat Ryans ***.

I have to sound of. Ever since we signed Dansby all you here from the local media & radio host is the Jets this , the jets thats. Dammit this is Miami, how about the Dolphins signing Dansby, the best LB in the market. What about the Fins signing Icognito an O-lineman considered the nastiest player in football. I like us being low ki, but Im tired of this Jets talk in Miami. DONE WITH SALGUERO, KELLY AND BIG O and their hardons for Ryan and Dirty Sanchez.

Draw a line on the sand, pick your side and choose if you are a Jet or a Dolphin and if you are a Jet get the **** out of Miami and go crawl up Fat Ryans ***.

EXACTLY!

I think our defenses are going to be strikingly similiar. Lots of exotic blitz packages, man coverage on the outside...etc. Depending on how much Smith and Davis "grew" last year you could have one of the best D's in the league. Nolan knows his #### thats for sure. Cant wait!!

Back
Top Bottom