HANK GOLDBERG Has BIG Scoops!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HANK GOLDBERG Has BIG Scoops!!!!!

Remember, Hank also said back in January that Miami was going to do all they could to land "one of the top QBs playing". He then led everybody to believe it was going to be Peyton Manning.

He also said that Tim Bowens was willing to restructure for much less.

I'll wait to get excited about the OL changes when they really happen.

I would like to buy Fat Hank for what he is worth and then sell him for what he thinks he is worth. Half his stuff is hot air.

I would love to see these moves, but I am like others, I will believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by relive1972
Remember, Hank also said back in January that Miami was going to do all they could to land "one of the top QBs playing". He then led everybody to believe it was going to be Peyton Manning.

He also said that Tim Bowens was willing to restructure for much less.

I'll wait to get excited about the OL changes when they really happen.
Totally agree.

No way the FO are going to let Hanks fat arse in on their entire strategy! How stupid would that be!!! Cmon fans....don't let Hank set the hook in ya again!

I'm not sure why there is so much skeptism. Nothing he said is new or ground breaking.

1. WR @ #20 - Everybody on this board is speculating that now that we have Feeley, Miami will use #20 to get a wr from the best wr class ever.

2. OL to add Woody and Villareal - Woody was mentioned as a possibility for Miami 2 days ago on Sportscenter (not by Hank). Villareal was mentioned as a target at least two weeks ago. I don't remember the source but the link was posted on this board.

3. Nails and Perry to be released - Everybody assumed Perry would be released and that Nails might be brought back depending on his recovery and what we get in FA.

4. Haven't made a decision on Ogun.

What did Hank say that hasn't been reported before? What did he say that isn't already what we assumed Miami would try to do?

Jamie Nails is a free agent anyway. So it's up to us whether or not he returns.

I think Villareal will end up here. But I don't see Woody leaving New England. If he does, New England will have gone down blazing trying to keep him.

Originally posted by Muck
Jamie Nails is a free agent anyway. So it's up to us whether or not he returns.

I think Villareal will end up here. But I don't see Woody leaving New England. If he does, New England will have gone down blazing trying to keep him.

Reports out of NE are that they are letting him go. Woody had said earlier that he would accept less money to stay.

wow we're getting a WR w/ our 1st round pick. It's just weird to type that out, hopefully it pans out!

I think they should use it on the O-line, surley you can get som WR help via FA. Is'nt Darrell Jackson from Seattle a FA?

I would wait until it actually happens guys. Remember last year when we penciled in Gandy as our left tackle? Yeah, I see this happening again. If we get Woody, I will be just about the happiest guy in California (given our economy out here, that wouldn't be too hard anyway). I just don't see where we are going to get the money seeing how right now we are about 15 mil over the cap. Keep in mind that we have to sign draft picks and tender RFA's. This would have to be one hell of a tricky deal to pull off.

Woody's a guard so the contract won't be that bad.

Remember it was considered a blockbuster when Randy Thomas signed with the Redskins on a $7 million signing bonus on a 7 year $28 million contract.

They all said Thomas was overpaid, and they were right...but I dont think he's like one of the highest paid guards. I could be mistaken.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't see Woody leaving New England. If he does, New England will have gone down blazing trying to keep him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/02/22/cap_and_frown_time/

"Woody's days as a Patriot more than likely are done. If a team -- Dolphins? Giants? -- in need of a 26-year-old who can play center or guard, has been to a Pro Bowl, and was an alternate for another offers Woody a lucrative long-term contract, that will be that."

Last edited by a moderator:
The last I had heard of Woody, he was willing to take a lot less to stay in New England cuz he loves it.

But things change I guess. I'm all for gettin Woody so long as we don't overpay.

I hear Clifton is asking the Packers for a $12 or $13 million signing bonus. He's worth it. He can play 4 line positions, including LT, all very well, and he's only been in the league 4 years.

I'd take any money the Phins are setting aside for Wade and toss it straight at Clifton.

Back
Top Bottom