Hank Goldberg on Now...Great Insight! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg on Now...Great Insight!

Originally posted by Rick 1966
Word today is that the Bucs are interested in signing Brunnell...so if they want him, they'd better hurry up.
We'd damn well better address our HUGE needs on O line and WR sometime this offseason too, or bringing in a new QB won't accomplish much.

free agency starts on march 1st

Originally posted by Section126

free agency starts on march 1st

Yes, I know. But all sorts of "unofficial" conversations between third parties can and do occur.

While the time has come for a new QB, I agree with many that the OL is of equal if not greater importance. Take one look at the protection provided by the OL of the remaining teams!

Originally posted by Section126
He repeated it again....this time he said that everybody is on agreement and that there is a sence of urgency on needing a NEW QB.....

Say it with me now......THE JAY FIEDLER ERA IS OVER!
:woot:

[repeats the chant] THE JAY FIEDLER ERA IS OVER! :woot:

Originally posted by Ross
I'll wait till I see something more than just Hanks word on it. I just distrust the media in miami. They like to put forth their own opiniion of what they want to happen...

I have to echo the thoughts on our lack of OL. I don't care who they get, he isn't going to look better than Feilder without a different line. Brain was accurate as hell, and he still ended up looking worse than Jay when all was said and done.

--Ross
I feel the same way about the media, too. This is Hank Goldberg we're talking about though man. The guy has a proven track record. If he reports something, you can take it to the bank. He's not going off on a riff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with all the others: unless that OL is improved, QB ain't going to make any difference.

Ok Dolfan954, I'll trust you know more about Hank than me.

"Take one look at the protection provided by the OL of the remaining teams!"

Amen to that.

Personally I don't want Brunell to come in over here to replace Jay if the line is going to be the same. I believe the improvement of the oline is more important to this team.

A better Oline and ricky gets more yards. A better oline and the QB will have a better chance to complete his passes, whether its Jay or Brian.

To me, it all starts up front..

Why can't both be improved....who said it was one or the other?....We all know that the line needs to improve also....This thread is about the QB position right?......

Originally posted by Ross
Ok Dolfan954, I'll trust you know more about Hank than me.

"Take one look at the protection provided by the OL of the remaining teams!"

Amen to that.

Personally I don't want Brunell to come in over here to replace Jay if the line is going to be the same. I believe the improvement of the oline is more important to this team.

A better Oline and ricky gets more yards. A better oline and the QB will have a better chance to complete his passes, whether its Jay or Brian.

To me, it all starts up front..

Just a guess here...nothing else....but I have a hunch we see nothing but Offense (OL, WR, QB) and Special Teams (returner, cover guys, etc) addressed in FA and the Draft,

I think we need to improve both. Clean house, starting with the QB and develop a killer attitude on offense.
I supported Jay his entire career here. Time for him to leave.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Why can't both be improved....who said it was one or the other?

If we blow our FA cap-room on a QB, that's about all we're gonna get via FA. And rookie O linemen take a while to gel.

Back
Top Bottom