Hank Goldberg on Now...Great Insight! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg on Now...Great Insight!

Its up and down with Culpepper up in Minnesota. He gets blamed a lot for poor play and when Gus Frerotte came in he was slingin it all over the place to Randy Moss mainly and the Vikes were rolling on offense.

Now they are out of the playoffs this year and Daunte might be viewed as not the future of the franchise they hoped. Not that they'd replace him with Frerotte, but they might consider drafting someone or signing someone. And if someone called them offering like two first round picks for Daunte, I think they MIGHT listen.

Geeez....Would you want to trade two first rounders for Daunte?....man, that's a dilemna....

Well, we know that Rick wanted Matt Hasselbeck and went after him hard.

It will not surprise me to see Rick pursue a young quarterback that he likes a lot via a trade.

Also, I know that Rick was personaly scouting Philip Rivers at NC State's bowl game.

Originally posted by ZOD

Tennessee? You like my sig? :confused: ;) :tongue: :lol:

LMAO! I hear ya.

I live in Tennesse for the time being...I go where the Navy takes me ;) Originally from the San Fran Bay Area / Napa Valley (and NO I CAN'T STAND THE NINERS OR THE RAIDERS!!!!!)

:band: < -- Danny, Rick and Zinger
ROCK ON DOLPHINS!

Originally posted by inFINSible
Geeez....Would you want to trade two first rounders for Daunte?....man, that's a dilemna....

no because he's nothing more then a longball QB who has Randy Moss.

Mark Bulger? i would like to have him. he struggled, i know. but he's still young. that offense has more problems then him anyway. that line picks games in which it wants to block in, and it's nothing but an air attack offense. they have no balance.

besides he does have that connection with Marino.

Originally posted by inFINSible

EEEEEEP!

I'd rather keep the 2 first rounders and use 'em right in April.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

LMAO! I hear ya.

I live in Tennesse for the time being...I go where the Navy takes me ;) Originally from the San Fran Bay Area / Napa Valley (and NO I CAN'T STAND THE NINERS OR THE RAIDERS!!!!!)

:band: &lt; -- Danny, Rick and Zinger
ROCK ON DOLPHINS!

Used to work in Calistoga.

BB

I live in the Bay Area. I was just in Fairfield, about 30 minutes from the wine country (work related). Navy, where did you live exactly ( ok, not address and street names but city.) Also, it is funny that BigBry chimed in as well seeing how I will be in Colorado all next week on business. Small world I suppose.

Originally posted by Samphin
I live in the Bay Area. I was just in Fairfield, about 30 minutes from the wine country (work related). Navy, where did you live exactly ( ok, not address and street names but city.) Also, it is funny that BigBry chimed in as well seeing how I will be in Colorado all next week on business. Small world I suppose.

What city in CO.?

BB

BigBry, honestly, I have no idea. :lol: I just found out like yesterday that I have to go to the state because our two reps out there quit and I am going for the week to hold down the fort, so to speak. I don't even have my flight info yet and I leave next week. :( I believe I am going to be mainly in the southern part of the state though. I know a few of my coworkers are also being flown out there next week to help out until they can hire someone of their own.

P.S. I work for the world's largest brand of wood to wood connectors and we are in every Home Depot and lose to every Lowe's in the world as well as independant lumber yards, other national accounts and whatnot. I get the "privelage" of trveling all over with my job, however it usually stays instate unless, as I already stated, someone gets smart and quits. :lol:

Originally posted by Samphin
BigBry, honestly, I have no idea. :lol: I just found out like yesterday that I have to go to the state because our two reps out there quit and I am going for the week to hold down the fort, so to speak. I don't even have my flight info yet and I leave next week. :( I believe I am going to be mainly in the southern part of the state though. I know a few of my coworkers are also being flown out there next week to help out until they can hire someone of their own.

P.S. I work for the world's largest brand of wood to wood connectors and we are in every Home Depot and lose to every Lowe's in the world as well as independant lumber yards, other national accounts and whatnot. I get the &quot;privelage&quot; of trveling all over with my job, however it usually stays instate unless, as I already stated, someone gets smart and quits. :lol:

PM me when you get the final word, if you would...ya never know

BB

will do man. I don't know if you are anywhere near Vail, but in tlaking to one of my former co-workers, he said he passed by there a few times a week and the place is nuts. Is it like that all the time or only when Kobe is in town?

I do find it interesting that Spielman himself was scouting Rivers. But he may have decided AGAINST him at that game who knows.

Anyway with Miami fans the pressure is always to "win now" so to speak...so if a trade opportunity presented itself, Spielman would be hard pressed not to take it.

One thing I could see happening is Joe Gibbs trading us Patrick Ramsey for a first round pick, which he would use with his own to grab Eli Manning or somethin like that.

Originally posted by Ross
Ok Dolfan954, I'll trust you know more about Hank than me.

&quot;Take one look at the protection provided by the OL of the remaining teams!&quot;

Amen to that.

Personally I don't want Brunell to come in over here to replace Jay if the line is going to be the same. I believe the improvement of the oline is more important to this team.

A better Oline and ricky gets more yards. A better oline and the QB will have a better chance to complete his passes, whether its Jay or Brian.

To me, it all starts up front..
Oh okay I guess you're not from south FL. Hank is a staple here. Very well respected, although he can be a real a-hole, but that's another story. :)

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Just a guess here...nothing else....but I have a hunch we see nothing but Offense (OL, WR, QB) and Special Teams (returner, cover guys, etc) addressed in FA and the Draft,
I was thinking the same thing. The Dolphins BETTER not spend one cent on FA's or draft one defensive player. I want all offense.

We don't need CB's.
We don't need safety's.
We don't need LB's.
We don't need a D line even if Adewale leaves. We still have David Bowens.

Hopefully, it goes like this:
Sign Darrell Jackson or Steve Smith at WR.
Sign Brunell.
Tender Ogunleye and get the 1st and 3rd.
Draft a stud G or C with one of the 1st rounders.
Draft a QB with the 2nd 1st rounder.
Draft another lineman with the 1st and 2nd 3rd rounder, or...trade up for a high 2nd rounder if there's another good off lineman/WR avail in the 2nd.
The rest should all be on the offensive side...well, okay. Maybe one pick for defense in the 5th or 6th round for a dime CB or something.

Thoughts anyone?

Back
Top Bottom