Happy draft day!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Happy draft day!!

It is here now guys........the draft is just 12 hours and 49 minutes away and it always feels like Christmas except not everyone gets what they asked for. I'm on record saying I want OL with our top pick but I can understand going Edge or even WR but that depends on who's there when we're OTC.

Fautanu would be my favorite pick but I also like Barton if Fautanu's gone.

Only Edge I'd take is Verse if he falls to us.

WR-I like Thomas but some people have medical flag on him so I'd rather go WR with our second pick.

No matter who we draft I know some people will love the pick and some people will hate it as it happens every year. Lets just hope we make the right pick cause this is not a year to mess around. The two strongest positions in this draft are OL and WR so don’t get cute and draft from those two.

Ozzy rules!!

Happy Draft Day, Danny 🥂🐬

Still time to get in our Draft contest guys

$10 to get in with a chance to win some great prizes

Fans also have to remember that the draft isn't just about 2024.

Sure, the window is open now and most of us want to see Grier fix the biggest problem, which is the offensive line. I actually believe that will happen because of the talent on the offensive line in this draft. Need and talent match.

But there are a couple of things to watch. Ramsey and Fuller are 30. Corner isn't a huge need in 2024, but that's an area that Grier values. You can't win in this league without a talented secondary.

Hill has talked about retirement and a huge payday is coming for Waddle. The talent behind those two is lacking.

Chubb and Phillips are both coming back from ACL injuries.

In other words, there are a lot of moving parts.
This sums up why I believe we will not draft a DT. We were very savvy adding a bunch of vets who can rotate in opposite of Sieler.

We have clear holes on the OL and at WR. As you stated, our secondary has a lot of question marks. Not necessarily even long term; Ramsey, Poyer and Fuller are all “old” for DBs and Holland is on the last year of his rookie deal. CB/Safety is definitely a bigger need than people think. Obviously, the team might feel comfortable with Cam Smith growing into a starting role (it’s hard to say based on his rookie season). I think a guy like Cooper DeJean is high on our draft board.

The only position I have genuine doubts about this year is DE/OLB. Reworking Chubb’s contract and picking up Phillips’ 5th year option essentially locks both of them in for the next 2 seasons. Signing Barrett alleviated some of the pressure to have guys ready for the start of the season while Chubb and Phillips recover.

To clarify I am talking about the 1st round. I think there will be a bunch of interesting defensive prospects day 2. The best OL will more than likely be gone by the time we pick at 55. Should still be some good WR available though.

Last edited:
Yea thats not my style, I like the TV suprise.

Can't wait for Mad Mel Kiper tonight.
I do too. Unfortunately I’ve learned to stay away from the board when Miami is on the clock because someone always seems to post the pick before it’s announced on TV.

I'm ok moving back but not totally out of the first round cause then you lose that 5th year option on the player that you could take in the first round.
I would gladly lose the 5th year option for the 4th and 8th day 2 picks. I doubt they would be willing to give up that much unless a guy they loved was available. It would be tougher to make that trade if the Panthers offered 33 and 52 for 21 IMO.

I'm ok moving back but not totally out of the first round cause then you lose that 5th year option on the player that you could take in the first round.
I think 21 is the sweet spot TBH. I think we're gonna have a player fall into our laps we wernt expecting making the trade down a no go.

I think 21 is the sweet spot TBH. I think we're gonna have a player fall into our laps we wernt expecting making the trade down a no go.
I think there's a good chance a player we really like as fans will be there at 21...the question is, will he be a player the team(Grier/Mike) actually like as well?

More good stuff from Barry Jackson.

Says Miami has been concentrating on slot cb and safety. Looking for competition for Kohou. And getting younger in the secondary with 3 players who are about 30 yrs old.

Miami has interest in highly skilled pass blocking OLinemen. Guyton, JPJ and Klein all mentioned.

Might be looking to replace Ahmed with another RB.

The Safety position appears to be a high priority as well as Edge.

Back
Top Bottom