Harbaugh should mind his own teams business | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harbaugh should mind his own teams business

Harbaugh going for it at the end of the game was the proper call.

Route was open. Lamar was LATE LATE LATE in the throw.

Ravens defense wasn’t stopping the Bills the 3 points did nothing for them because Bills would have just scored there at the end of the game instead of kneeling and Locking the FG.
Interesting. So the Bills were guaranteed a TD after Harbaugh kicked a FG? I wonder why they didn’t just guarantee themselves a TD on 4th & goal against the Dolphins. Or after the safety on the self-blocked punt.

Interesting. So the Bills were guaranteed a TD after Harbaugh kicked a FG? I wonder why they didn’t just guarantee themselves a TD on 4th & goal against the Dolphins. Or after the safety on the self-blocked punt.
Lets see... on the 1 yard line with over a minute left. Knelt to run the clock before kicking the FG. YEP how did that ravens slow down that Bills offense at all in the 2nd half, MIA was stifling Bills all game.

A lot of little things alter the course of these games and shift impression. It was so vital for Baltimore to get to halftime 20-3 instead of 20-10. The math totally changes once it's 20-10. For all the discussion of analytics the announcers do a miserable job of applying it to the scoreboard instead of specific plays. Buffalo was going to be favored in the second half. At 20-10 that favoritism gets them within striking distance. At 20-3 they still would have been a big underdog. The key play of the entire game was an obvious pass interference penalty on Buffalo that was not called when the Ravens had 3rd and 5 at the 2 minute warning of the first half.

The new bold strategy across the NFL is correct. But the natural tendency is for fans and media to condemn the failures while totally ignoring it when it works. For example, the Chargers went for it on 4th and 1 on their own side of the field while leading 27-24 and 5 minutes remaining. The conversion succeeded and led to the clinching touchdown. That was supposed to happen. If the 4th down play results in a sack turnover and a defeat, then it was stupid analytics.

Regardless, the Bills and Chiefs were both Cream teams on the road after a defeat. It's really asking a lot to think they'll lose again. I always keep those situational scenarios in mind throughout the game. It is not neutral territory. If Kansas City and Buffalo had come home after a loss they wouldn't necessarily have had any extra energy. There's almost an assumption that home will be enough. But on the road they are capable of things they'd never do at home. If the Chiefs host Tampa Bay yesterday they aren't scoring 41 points.
I said it during the game yesterday - the refs were having an outsized impact on a game that was 20-3 at the time. The non-PI call was egregious - it was a clear and obvious penalty, not even debatable. There was also a huge OPI call on Mark Andrews earlier that forced the Ravens to kick a FG rather than having 1st & goal at the Bills 1-yard line. He extended his arm, but the arm extension had zero impact on the defender - not even a flinch.

Harbaugh is THE most arrogant coach out there. For me he has eclipsed Belichick as my most hated coach as Belichick is no longer relevant.

Lets see... on the 1 yard line with over a minute left. Knelt to run the clock before kicking the FG. YEP how did that ravens slow down that Bills offense at all in the 2nd half, MIA was stifling Bills all game.
You’re assuming that everything plays out exactly as it did at 20-20 if the score was 23-20 and the Bills were trailing. You can’t make the assumption.

You’re assuming that everything plays out exactly as it did at 20-20 if the score was 23-20 and the Bills were trailing. You can’t make the assumption.
Sure I can because at no point since 4 minutes left in the 2nd QTR did the Ravens do anything to stop the Bills from moving the ball at ease. So yeah it was the correct call.

Maybe the QB should have thrown the ball to the left (wide open WR) or to Duverney on time Wide open WR.

But like Lamar has always done seems to come up small in those Big Moments.

Sure I can because at no point since 4 minutes left in the 2nd QTR did the Ravens do anything to stop the Bills from moving the ball at ease. So yeah it was the correct call.

Maybe the QB should have thrown the ball to the left (wide open WR) or to Duverney on time Wide open WR.

I agree with the call as well, and I personally believe it's more on Lamar than Harbaugh. That being said I think Harbaugh is a tool, and he wouldn't have kept his job if not for Lamar a couple years ago when his seat was getting very hot. I also think we've learned as well that the AFC has a lot of good teams and there is no one team that is a head above everyone else.

I’m glad that you can see the future. Any slightly different outcome could impact the game. If Lamar simply throws an incompletion rather than an interception, the Bills are starting at the 2 rather than the 20. That could have changed the calculus. The FG would have led to a kickoff. Maybe the Bills return it for a TD. Maybe the Bills return it and fumble. You can’t just reduce the outcome to exactly what happened after the failed 4th down/INT maintained the 20-20 tie. That‘s like saying the non-PI call that gave the Bills possession before halftime and allowed them to cut the deficit to 10 points didn’t matter. The game still would have ended as it did. Nonsense. Fine, say it’s “likely” that the Bills would have won 27-23, but don’t talk in absolutes.

I agree with the call as well, and I personally believe it's more on Lamar than Harbaugh. That being said I think Harbaugh is a tool, and he wouldn't have kept his job if not for Lamar a couple years ago when his seat was getting very hot. I also think we've learned as well that the AFC has a lot of good teams and there is no one team that is a head above everyone else.
OOo I agree he is a Tool. That you wont get an argument from me, but now that said he is one of the smarted (analytics wise) coaches in the NFL

I’m glad that you can see the future. Any slightly different outcome could impact the game. If Lamar simply throws an incompletion rather than an interception, the Bills are starting at the 2 rather than the 20. That could have changed the calculus. The FG would have led to a kickoff. Maybe the Bills return it for a TD. Maybe the Bills return it and fumble. You can’t just reduce the outcome to exactly what happened after the failed 4th down/INT maintained the 20-20 tie. That‘s like saying the non-PI call that gave the Bills possession before halftime and allowed them to cut the deficit to 10 points didn’t matter. The game still would have ended as it did. Nonsense. Fine, say it’s “likely” that the Bills would have won 27-23, but don’t talk in absolutes.
So was it or was it NOT the right call. Seems you think going for it on this write up was the right call (it was by the way)

So was it or was it NOT the right call. Seems you think going for it on this write up was the right call (it was by the way)
No, I think taking the FG was the right call. Put the pressure on the Bills to NEED to score to either win or tie. The weather conditions were such that even forcing the Bills to hit a longer FG to tie would have been preferable.

No, I think taking the FG was the right call. Put the pressure on the Bills to NEED to score to either win or tie. The weather conditions were such that even forcing the Bills to hit a longer FG to tie would have been preferable.
So 4 minutes left kicking off to the Bills that has had two big returns, a big leg kicker, all their TOs, and a Defense that hasnt done nothing to stop them in 2 QTRs plus. Math says different.

So 4 minutes left kicking off to the Bills that has had two big returns, a big leg kicker, all their TOs, and a Defense that hasnt done nothing to stop them in 2 QTRs plus. Math says different.
So by your “metrics”, you’re saying Harbaugh going for the TD was basically playing for overtime. There was no chance the Ravens we’re going to stop the Bills, so the best they could hope for was 27-27 at the end of regulation.

Actually, given that the Bills were so unstoppable, they probably would have just gone for 2 after scoring their guaranteed TD and won the game 28-27. No need for overtime.

I just don’t understand how the Bills only scored 23 points yesterday. Seems like they should have scored at least 50.

Back
Top Bottom