Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

I'm optimistic this will work.

Sounds like there was probably a contract with a sod vendor and Miami had to stay with them until that was up.
Now they switched to someone else with a different grass and they have the rest of this season to see how that goes.
At least they seem to be trying.

I am beyond amateur, but I know what grass works in my climate and even which areas of my yard require different grasses, due to more shade, etc.
I'm sure the grounds keeping crew was well aware of the issues long ago, but they were stuck with it.

Notre Dame at Miami on Saturday night at 8pm eastern. We will see what the field looks like and how it holds up.

And here I watch the Packers at home on MNF in November and the field condition is PRISTINE. Yes it's a hybrid and no one would know. Zero chunks of turf and sold footing for all.

Heat underneath, sand layer, and grow lamps do the trick. All from Green Bay Wisconsin.

Miami field is a complete joke. Just like their talent level.

Can this front office do anything right? They probably even have single ply toilet paper in the stalls. And the dispensers that only give out one square at a time.
So there is a problem. It will get fixed. Ross has done a lot to the stadium. You should go to it, even if only to see the type of toilet paper.

The U made a statement tonight. The statement was: 'The U is back.'

Catch that call out from the announcers- ‘Dolphins haven’t had this type of crowd all year that the Canes have had these last two weeks’.

Ross must be so happy. Sure shows the stadium can rock and have potential- if we can improve the product.

Catch that call out from the announcers- ‘Dolphins haven’t had this type of crowd all year that the Canes have had these last two weeks’.

Ross must be so happy. Sure shows the stadium can rock and have potential- if we can improve the product.
It's been pretty damn loud tonight. If we could actually put a team on the field good enough to get a home playoff game sometime, it should be quite the madhouse. Sadly, we could be waiting a while for that though. :(

That field was excellent tonight. Instead of steady obvious decline like the prior versions, this one remained virtually identical throughout. The sod crew didn't show up after warmups. Not needed, unlike last week. Brief appearance at halftime but only half strength and more or less looking for places to fix, instead of too many places to fix in such a short time.

This problem might be gone. We'll have to see how it holds up under heavy rain but based on tonight's evidence I think paspalum was the ruin.

If that's the case I don't understand how good sod wasn't the priority, if the topic is sod. They weren't putting down gravel out there and debating between gravel and sod. Instead of replacing the field so many times you would think someone would have asked earlier -- is this sod okay?

Bermuda is tough stuff. I know that from golf courses and my own back yard. I planted some bermuda for chipping practice purposes years ago and it has spread all over the place. Spread where I didn't want it. Now during summer growing season my electric mower has no trouble with the higher St Augustine but stalls repeatedly over darn bermuda.

I have no idea why bermuda was abandoned in the first place. Sounds like somebody made a happy sod adjustment that wasn't necessary.

Regardless, good field ahead.

BTW, the crowd was so loud tonight my ears were still ringing 2 hours after the game ended. My seats are low upper deck so I receive full impact from the contrived roof.

Back
Top Bottom