Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

That field was excellent tonight. Instead of steady obvious decline like the prior versions, this one remained virtually identical throughout. The sod crew didn't show up after warmups. Not needed, unlike last week. Brief appearance at halftime but only half strength and more or less looking for places to fix, instead of too many places to fix in such a short time.

This problem might be gone. We'll have to see how it holds up under heavy rain but based on tonight's evidence I think paspalum was the ruin.

If that's the case I don't understand how good sod wasn't the priority, if the topic is sod. They weren't putting down gravel out there and debating between gravel and sod. Instead of replacing the field so many times you would think someone would have asked earlier -- is this sod okay?

Bermuda is tough stuff. I know that from golf courses and my own back yard. I planted some bermuda for chipping practice purposes years ago and it has spread all over the place. Spread where I didn't want it. Now during summer growing season my electric mower has no trouble with the higher St Augustine but stalls repeatedly over darn bermuda.

I have no idea why bermuda was abandoned in the first place. Sounds like somebody made a happy sod adjustment that wasn't necessary.

Regardless, good field ahead.

BTW, the crowd was so loud tonight my ears were still ringing 2 hours after the game ended. My seats are low upper deck so I receive full impact from the contrived roof.

Sounds like you know a lot more than I do....am still concerned about the fact that 25-30% of the field gets no sun at all this time of year (check out the time-lapse options on the webcam at the end of a day), is that going to be a problem?

What a ****ing game. My god. The Dolphins haven’t seen an atmosphere like this in decades.
The fans only come when there’s a good product to watch in Miami it seems. The stadium was dead the past few years when the U was irrelevant. Now it’s alive again when they’re undefeated this late in the season.

The fans only come when there’s a good product to watch in Miami it seems. The stadium was dead the past few years when the U was irrelevant. Now it’s alive again when they’re undefeated this late in the season.

Until the upcoming Noon game against Virginia, where there will probably be half the crowd. Regardless, good to see the U back!

Odd how that works right?

Until the upcoming Noon game against Virginia, where there will probably be half the crowd. Regardless, good to see the U back!

Would be pretty stupid for the stadium to be empty regardless of who the Hurricanes play. For crying out loud they're 9-0 and won their division. To not show up and support them with a full stadium would be stupid.

So changing the company fixed it instantly?

Or grass enthusiasts still concerned?

Catch that call out from the announcers- ‘Dolphins haven’t had this type of crowd all year that the Canes have had these last two weeks’.

Ross must be so happy. Sure shows the stadium can rock and have potential- if we can improve the product.

Noise has always been made by human beings, not bricks. Always surprises me some don't understand that

Though some fanbases make noise even when the team isnt having its best game in decades lol

Keep in mind, we arent getting the same amount of rain we were getting earlier in the year.

That said, it is looking MUCH better. We will see how it works next September.

I only saw one slip yesterday, and that was Stills trying to hit the breaks on yet another Cutler underthrown pass. Turned into a fantastic catch.

As far as I could tell from my couch, the field looks much better. I didn't see nearly as much slipping and the announcers weren't commenting on the terrible field, like in the past.
I did see the grounds crew patch up one hole during a break, which is bound to happen, but good that they saw it and patched it up ASAP.

Yes, they seem have resolved the situation by changing turf suppliers....the only question now is what took so long, this was an issue going back to last season.

As far as I could tell from my couch, the field looks much better. I didn't see nearly as much slipping and the announcers weren't commenting on the terrible field, like in the past.
I did see the grounds crew patch up one hole during a break, which is bound to happen, but good that they saw it and patched it up ASAP.

The announcers actually said the field was in great shape as the grounds crew worked on that divot. Said they walked around the field before the game and the field was fine.

Still, it's it's being replaced once again...I assumed the endzones were going because of the throwback game next week, but surpised they're doing the whole thing.

120420171233_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom