Harrington to get cut this week! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harrington to get cut this week!

I feel the same way. I really hope Joey moves on somewhere and gets an oppertunity. I wish success upon Joey because he deserves it. It's just too bad things didn't work out here. Best of luck Joey (for an NFC team of course.) :wink:

I like Joey, he seems like a nice guy. I really thought he did farily well for us. I do believe he has talent. I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't have given up on him so soon here in Miami.

Wherever he goes, I wish him the best; I agree he deserves it.

Just another example of the stupidity of the Dolphins. That leaves us two QB's with big questions....will Culpepper at 30 years of age and after two years of showing nothing be able to come back from his knee injury? Will Lemon be able to show us that he can win games in the NFL? I like Lemon....but are we ready to place all our hopes on him?

The chances that the Dolphins can select Brady Quinn in the draft are small and next to nothing....and is Quinn the right QB in the first place....if you can't beat the good teams in college....what future do you have in the NFL?

Harrington may not be all world....but at least he showed with very little help that he could win games....so whats wrong with re-doing his contract, keeping him long enough to see what we have with Culpepper....and at least possibly trading him later for a draft pick IF everything else works out....with the other QB's? Why are the Dolphins always ready to give away possible draft picks...by just releasing players....I just don't get it.

Seems to me the Dolphins are again....playing with fire....and hoping not to get burned.

Just another example of the stupidity of the Dolphins. That leaves us two QB's with big questions....will Culpepper at 30 years of age and after two years of showing nothing be able to come back from his knee injury? Will Lemon be able to show us that he can win games in the NFL? I like Lemon....but are we ready to place all our hopes on him?

The chances that the Dolphins can select Brady Quinn in the draft are small and next to nothing....and is Quinn the right QB in the first place....if you can't beat the good teams in college....what future do you have in the NFL?

Harrington may not be all world....but at least he showed with very little help that he could win games....so whats wrong with re-doing his contract, keeping him long enough to see what we have with Culpepper....and at least possibly trading him later for a draft pick IF everything else works out....with the other QB's? Why are the Dolphins always ready to give away possible draft picks...by just releasing players....I just don't get it.

Seems to me the Dolphins are again....playing with fire....and hoping not to get burned.

good post. you read my mind. Sounds like we could see a repeat peformance from last year except no experienced insurance this time.With Mueller,Camron,and Shea Iwas expecting a better approach to the QB position maybe they have something up their sleeve,but I dont know how they realistically could.

So we cut Joey, his numbers are too high. Maybe noone snatches him up and we resign him for lower numbers that are more cap friendly. I would not be apposed to this. Are there questions about Daunte and Cleo? YES. But with Joey there is no question, he can't stretch the field. With him it's dink and dunk. I'm ready to draft a QB to groom.

Let's not forget these are just rumors right now, the thread title is a bit misleading :lol: I would be surprised to see Harrington get cut simply because that sends us into next season with 2 question marks at Qb and no insurance policy. Unless of course they are going to move up in the draft and are guaranteed to grab Quinn, even then you would think they would want some insurance for next season after the start of last season.

Bottomline is we don't know what they are planning so no point in panicking just yet, I imagine this offseason will test our patience much more so than any off season in the past ten years given the nature of the changes that are forthcoming.

I'd rather head into a season with 2 question marks at QB plus a rookie, than head into the season with 2 question marks at QB, plus a $4 million quarterback that we *know* sucks.

I'd rather head into a season with 2 question marks at QB plus a rookie, than head into the season with 2 question marks at QB, plus a $4 million quarterback that we *know* sucks.

THANK YOU!!!

There is no way that this team can go for another FA QB. Why would anyone want a FA at that position? It's obvious that they aren't good, or else their former teams would have given them a contract extension. We have to roll the dice and draft a QB.

I'm all for the rookie, but essentially what your saying is you'd rather head into the season with no idea wether you have a QB capable of playing or not...It just doesn't seem a very sound philosophy to me :lol: Someone has to hold the reigns while the rookie develops. Heading blindly into a season is a recipe for disaster!

I'm all for the rookie, but essentially what your saying is you'd rather head into the season with no idea wether you have a QB capable of playing or not...It just doesn't seem a very sound philosophy to me :lol: Someone has to hold the reigns while the rookie develops. Heading blindly into a season is a recipe for disaster!

So then we're eschewing Daunte Culpepper's resume, as well as Cleo Lemon's play during the final three games of 2006, in favor of a QB who has shown clearly over a painstaking 5 years of starting that he can't play in this league?

Doesn't sound like a sound philosophy to me.

While both are slight question marks, you are clearly over-exaggerating the extent to which there are questions about whether they can play as well or better than Joey Harrington. Lemon, for one, already showed himself to be the superior player. Culpepper showed himself to be the superior player when healthy, but clearly there would be some question as to whether he'd stay healthy.

So then we're eschewing Daunte Culpepper's resume, as well as Cleo Lemon's play during the final three games of 2006, in favor of a QB who has shown clearly over a painstaking 5 years of starting that he can't play in this league?

While both are slight question marks, you are clearly over-exaggerating the extent to which there are questions about whether they can play as well or better than Joey Harrington. Lemon, for one, already showed himself to be the superior player. Culpepper showed himself to be the superior player when healthy, but clearly there would be some question as to whether he'd stay healthy.

We don't live in the past we live in the present so considering Harrington played better than the both of them last year, I would say they are huge question marks! You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen a full season out of Daunte in 3 years and we've never seen more than one full game out of Cleo in his whole career. Risking a whole season on a gut feeling that one of them might suddenly become the second coming of Tom Brady would be foolish in my opinion.

That is exactly what I've been arguing in these past weeks, and I've been called biased and unknowledgable. If it hasn't gotten through by now, it isn't going to get through *sigh*.

We don't live in the past we live in the present so considering Harrington played better than the both of them last year, I would say they are huge question marks! You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it doesn't change the fact that we haven't seen a full season out of Daunte in 3 years and we've never seen more than one full game out of Cleo in his whole career. Risking a whole season on a gut feeling that one of them might suddenly become the second coming of Tom Brady would be foolish in my opinion.
Thats the past you can't talk about that. Do we really want to make an argument about time and how much time is no longer acceptable for this argument?

Wow. Such obvious hypocrisy. I was debating even pointing it out, like shooting fish in a barrel...just not sporting.

And who said we're wagering that one of them become the next Tom Brady? All they have to do for Joey Harrington's release to have been a positive move, would be to play better than Joey Harrington.

And unfortunately, that's not very hard.

Well, Daunte and Cleo might be questions now. But by the time the season starts they, along with whomever Cam brings in through the draft or FA, will have battled it out in minicamps, training camp, and the preseason. Questions should be answered.

Back
Top Bottom