Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

Heat and Marlins multiple times. I've also got to see my Alma mater when a CFB national title.

Would like to see the Florida Panthers win one, but that was never high on my sports fan dream list.

The Dolphins have always meant the most to me so naturally that one appears to be coming last. I do think it will happen this decade.

I think all 4 major sports teams down in South Florida will be winning one in the next ten years.

Miami Dolphins - ?
West Ham United - ?
Charlotte Hornets - ?
Western Carolina Catamounts - ?

Duke Basketball - ?
Ohio State Football - ?

Cubs.....yep
Blackhawks, yep
Germany, yep
UM...yep
Phins.....yep, but I didn't watch them at that time. Still waiting to see/watch them win one.

Last edited:
I’m not a basketball fan in the slightest so the Heat championships did nothing for me. I’m not a bandwagon fan like many who don’t watch the team all yr then act like the team they grew up watching and suffering for just won a championship. If and when we ever win a SB there Will be millions of those here in Mia.

Last edited:
Los Angeles Dodgers - 1988
Miami Dolphins - Not in my lifetime
Miami Heat - 2006, 2012, 2013
Notre Dame Football - 1988
North Carolina Basketball - 1993, 2005, 2009, and 2017

(World Cup)
Italy - 2006

The Florida Marlins are the only team I grow up watching and they have 2. And I can definitely say I was a die hard. I’d watch all 162 games per year.
But that organization has turned me off and I can give a rats but about them now

Yeah, in 1972, actually Golden State won. Ohio State won too.

I'm from Canada. I grew up a die hard Edmonton Oilers fan. Much like the Dolphins, the Oilers glory days were before my time.

In 2006, they made a run to the Stanley Cup Finals (I'll never forget watching those games with my family, us collectively losing our minds each time they took one step closer to the Cup), but ultimately lost in Game 7 of the finals. That was a heart breaker.

I also grew up a big Toronto Blue Jays fan. Again, their championships came before my time. I've seen the Jays make one deep playoff run in my lifetime. That said, just getting to watch Roy 'Doc' Halladay pitch once ever five days as a kid growing up was enough. Best pitcher I've ever seen.

These days the only sport I really care about is NFL football. I started following the team closely in 2007. I haven't missed a game since. The only thing in sports I really care about is seeing a Phins Super Bowl win before I die.
Those early-mid 90s Jays teams were special. That Joe Carter HR to win it all was something players dream of and only a few will ever experience. Also, you couldn't go wrong with picking that team in the first Ken Griffey MLB on the Super Nintendo. :lol:

Also I can't believe I forgot the championship that only a Miami Dolphins SB win will mean more to me. Growing up in Vegas, I was 11 when that UNLV team crushed Duke 103-73 in 1990 for the national championship. I was really young, but that city loved the Coach Tark and the Runnin' Rebels. It was unreal. The year after UNLV returned 4/5 starters and were even better. 34-0 headed to the final 4 and lost to Duke in the semis....one of the biggest upsets ever. The pain from that loss is just as memorable as the joy from the win the year before.

Last edited:
White Sox, Mavericks, Dolphins. In my lifetime I've seen my teams win 2 Championships. They are few and far between but absence makes the heart grow fonder. So when my teams have won championships I've been beyond hyped. If the Dolphins win the Super Bowl in my lifetime I'll die a happy man.

As a Terp, yes , our basketball team won it all 2002. I remember thinking if I would’ve traded that for a Dolphin super bowl win, because I live in Maryland it was euphoric to have the whole community happy. Now I have found a community of you nut cases to enjoy the next championship with. As a dinosaur I saw both Dolphin super bowl wins. My sons are brutal, they ask me why I watch black and white video clips of old Phin games, they think it was the leather helmet era...they ain’t far off lol

I've been a Dolphins fan since the early 80's and I don't follow any other teams so I suppose the answer is no sports team has won a national championship since I've been a fan unless you include AFC Championship.

I have seen Louisville Hoops win 3 national titles and have seen the NY Yankees win 7 WS and lose 4 others.

I don't think I will ever see Everton FC win the Premiere League or Champions league.

I have seen the Italian National team win 2 World Cups. FORZA ITALIA!

I am not old enough to remember 72 for the Fins but I have seen them lose 2 Super Bowls.

Back
Top Bottom