Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

The Canes are my favorite college football team, and they have won all their championships since I've been a fan.

The Heat are my favorite basketball team, and they have won three titles while I've been a fan.

The Braves are my favorite baseball team and they won the World Series when I was a fan.

The Marlins are the home town team, and they have won two World Series.

I became a Dolphins fan after the last championship win, unfortunately. However, I was a fan in 1982 and 1984, Super Bowl appearances, but losses.
All of these except you’ve seen more fins success than me ?

Heat have won all three titles since I've been alive. I had season tickets for the 2012 and 2013 titles, but in 2006 I went to most playoff games including Games 3 & 5 in the Finals. I still go to at least half the home games per season but now that I have a family it's hard to commit to 41 per year. I watch every single game though.

I've seen the Canes win. Marlins win. I'm also Jamaican, so watching the glory of Usain Bolt is something I consider in the same boat, as well as other male/female track athletes.

I'm also a die hard Arsenal fan so I've seen 3 league titles including The Invincibles.

Canes in CFB in 01 is about it for me.
Im also a Tigers and 76ers fan.
Ive seen the Tigers make the ws twice to only win 1 game out of the 2 series they played in.
I do believe i will witness the 76ers win one soon though

The Canes are my favorite college football team, and they have won all their championships since I've been a fan.

The Heat are my favorite basketball team, and they have won three titles while I've been a fan.

The Braves are my favorite baseball team and they won the World Series when I was a fan.

The Marlins are the home town team, and they have won two World Series.

I became a Dolphins fan after the last championship win, unfortunately. However, I was a fan in 1982 and 1984, Super Bowl appearances, but losses.
All of these except not a Marlins fan ( a Braves fan ) and was also a Dolphin fan when the won their Super Bowls

I was a month old when the Phins last won the Super Bowl so that doesn’t really count and they are the team I root for the most.
Other sports:
Duke Blue Devils - 5 time college basketball
Philadelphia Phillies - 2 time World Series
Pittsburgh Penguins - 5 Stanley Cups, although I wasn’t a hockey fan until the Pens AHL affiliate came to my area in the late 90’s and I started going to games, so I have really only been a fan for the last 3.
Lastly 76ers, for the 83 championship, others were well before I was born

Arsenal fan here, which puts me in the unique position of supporting 2 teams that finished a season undefeated. Followed the Dolphins since '86 and Arsenal since 87 or 88.

Been a Fins fan since 84 not old enough for their SB wins. Only other team that has broken my heart the most are the Toronto Maple Leafs.
2 World Cups with Italy
2 World Series with the Jays
1 NBA Title Raptors

Miami Dolphins (Football), 1973, 1974.
DC United (Soccer), 1996, 1997, 1999, 2004.
Oakland A's (Baseball): 1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989.
University of Virginia (Basketball): 2019 (but still Champion in 2020 because Covid-19 prevented anyone from knocking us off!)
University of Virginia (Lacrosse): 1972, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2011, 2019.

I follow other teams and other sports as well, but that should be enough for this list. I can't complain. My teams tended to play by the rules and treat everyone with respect and have had their share of winning.

Miami Dolphins (Football), 1973, 1974.
DC United (Soccer), 1996, 1997, 1999, 2004.
Oakland A's (Baseball): 1910, 1911, 1913, 1929, 1930, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1989.
University of Virginia (Basketball): 2019 (but still Champion in 2020 because Covid-19 prevented anyone from knocking us off!)
University of Virginia (Lacrosse): 1972, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2011, 2019.

I follow other teams and other sports as well, but that should be enough for this list. I can't complain. My teams tended to play by the rules and treat everyone with respect and have had their share of winning.

Haven't seen any replays of that 1910 A's championship lately but i hear that was a hell of a saeson :)

I’m not a basketball fan in the slightest so the Heat championships did nothing for me. I’m not a bandwagon fan like many who don’t watch the team all yr then act like the team they grew up watching and suffering for just won a championship. If and when we ever win a SB there Will be millions of those here in Mia.
Definite respect for that. When you have lived through years of losing and mediocrity as a diehard fan, the last thing you want to do is celebrate your win with somone that bought their team merch last Tuesday.

Dolphins = 2
Reds = 3
Follow players more than teams in BB...
Rick Barry = 1
Bird = 3
Jordan = 6
James = 3

RogFed = 20
Jon "Bones" Jones = 15 (Yeah, I'm counting the KO over Cormier)
Woods = 15

Back
Top Bottom