Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

For me, I’ve watched the Dodgers, Tar Heels (basketball) and Buckeyes (football) all win multiple titles.

Funny, but the Dolphins have actually won two titles in my lifetime but, sadly, I wasn’t old enough to watch and experience them.

Instead I only have the memories of watching them lose a Q4 lead in the SB against Washington in 1983 and the beat down to the 49ers in 1985 in what was essentially a home game for SF.

Our time will come...my sporting team (rugby league) in Australia took 30 years before they won a title in 2010. In between they lost the equivalent of five super bowls. St George Illawarra Dragons.

Good days are coming

3 cups with the Devils
Multiple world series with the Yanks
Celtics with the big 3
Germany winning world and euro cups
Bayern Munich wins every year
Liverpool

When the Fins finally win a superbowl it will be one of the greatest days of my life!

In my time, St George Dragons, Australian Rugby League - 1977, 1979, 2010. Before my time Plus 1956 to 1966 inclusive - 11 in a row. A world record until 2014.

Our time will come...my sporting team (rugby league) in Australia took 30 years before they won a title in 2010. In between they lost the equivalent of five super bowls. St George Illawarra Dragons.

Good days are coming

My team to mate. Go the Red Vee

In my time, St George Dragons, Australian Rugby League - 1977, 1979, 2010. Before my time Plus 1956 to 1966 inclusive - 11 in a row. A world record until 2014.

Going to be a loooooooong year for the Dragons mate. They are the Dolphins of old these days! Sad times.

Phillies - 2008 was at game 4 they won 10-2 and joe Blanton hit a homer.

Rangers- 94 but I was a kid

Knicks - never in my lifetime, shoulda had one against Houston in 94.

Italy- 2006 world cup

dolphins never but they are coming!

I was 2 months old when the Dolphins won Super Bowl VIII so unfortunately, I have not really experienced watching the Dolphins win a Super Bowl. In my life, I have seen the Canes win 5 football titles and 4 baseball titles. I've seen the 3 Heat titles and both Marlins titles.

It is amazing how jacked up it gets down here when there is a contender. When the Marlins won, the fans got hyped. However, each time they destroyed the team shortly thereafter and ruined any goodwill they had with the fans. Even when the Panthers made it to the Stanley Cup finals in 1996, it was electric. The Heat has done a good job of maintaining the goodwill from their championship years.

However, I can say that there will be nothing comparable if and when the Dolphins win another Super Bowl. This area is primed for a Super Bowl champion in the biggest way. Kansas City was able to get that monkey off their back this past season. Hopefully it will be the Dolphins turn soon.

I was alive for the Dolphins' two SB wins, but I was too young. Same for the Warriors' '75 championship.

Luckily, the Warriors and SF Giants have had some recent success I was able to enjoy.

GSW in '15, '17 and 18

Giants in '10, '12 and '14

SF Giants got a few for me.. still waiting on my Bucks and Dolphins to have some real playoff success

Haven't seen any replays of that 1910 A's championship lately but i hear that was a hell of a saeson :)
LOL, well neither have I, but just figured it was appropriate to list 'em all rather than only the one's I've seen. Young fans may not have seen their team ever win a championship in any sport. And if they did, they probably were called bandwagon fans, since choosing a successful team to support is often looked at that way. Not all of us were lucky enough to grow up in a city with sports teams, so we can't always choose the hometown team.

Miami Dolphins
St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis Blues
Tennessee Vols
Dale Earnhardt
Phil Mickleson

Both Capitals and Nationals, been a good couple years. I went to game 4 of the World Series, was pretty amazing.

Saw the Hurricanes win multiple championships from the late 80s through about 20 years ago. Fun when it happened, couldn’t care less now.

Was a Heat fan when they won their first title. Haven’t liked them since then, and hated them when they had Lebron and Co.

Saw the Marlins win two titles. Didn’t care much for 1997, loved 2003. Stopped being a Marlins fan after realizing that they just couldn’t be a competitive team in the long haul. And that was 15 years ago, still waiting for just a playoff berth even.

Loved the Panthers run in 96. One of the greatest playoff run ever, but the ending put a damper on that whole thing and I’m not a hockey person.

I’ve settled in the Boston area since 2005 and there have been a slew of championships for the local teams. Usually I support them unless they’re in competition with a Miami team (but since I only root for the Dolphins at this point, I was happy to celebrate Bruins and Celtics’ championships and I’m indifferent to the Patriots given how pathetic the Dolphins have been).

I have to say that my favorite championship team lately are the Red Sox. I didn’t move to Boston until 2005, but I was in the city for the 2004 ALCS and World Series. That was great. As were the subsequent titles. In 2007 I lived less than a mile from Fenway and heard the roar from the stadium when the team won the ALCS after being down 3 games to 1. And the 2013 and 2018 playoffs/WS were fantastic too. Most fun sports championship memories as an adult, definitely.

Back
Top Bottom