Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen requested a trade or release? The answer might surprise you

Lol Trade request? You have to have people willing to trade for you to pull that off.

I like having Rosen now that we drafted Tua. I really think he is going to push Tua and vice versa competition wise.

And let us be real, if anything were to happen to Tua we will have Rosen waiting to return to the field with more years under his belt.

Rodgers had 329 yards 1TD and 1INT in his first 3 NFL seasons. I don’t think Rosen struggling on two historically bad football teams means his career is over. He still has 2 years (with a potential 5th year option) on his rookie contract. That gives us plenty of time to groom him into a guy that at least gets us a compensation pick when he leaves. I think it is smart for him to learn as much as he can and prove he is a team first guy before he gets a chance elsewhere.

If ever there's a year to have 3 QBs on the roster, this is the year. I saw where Matthew Stafford of the Lions has just been put on the covid-19 list - and where does that leave them and for how long? Even with good protocols, some players are going to catch the virus. Eliminate the thoughts of what could we get for him, Josh Rosen is needed here in Miami as an extra layer of QB insurance.

Last edited:
A few quick thoughts:

1) Rosen is different than your average "Alpha QB." I don't think he'll ever be that style of leader. He's...aloof, in my opinion. A lot of people seem to think that makes him an a-hole. I don't believe that.

2) Rosen has absolutely zero leverage to request/demand a trade. And...he knows it. The Fins have him under their control for the next 2 years at the very minimum. At WORST he's a solid backup. And that's a good thing to have on the team. The Fins would be crazy to sell low on him right now and deal him, unless they get at the very least what they paid out for him.

3) Josh Rosen is younger than Joe Burrow. And he has TONS of talent. Like many of the other things that the Fins have done over the past year...he's a scratch-off lotto ticket. Do I think it's probable that the light suddenly comes on for him and he turns into the next Aaron Rodgers? No. But weirder things have happened.

I have not been sure Rosen’s upside is better than a Joey Harrington type. It may not be popular here, but I like the kid and hope he does better than his current expectation would indicate. He throws the ball downfield with good accuracy.

He’s obviously got a lot to learn. In the end, in my view, whether he makes it or not will be determined by what’s between his ears. I know about his past reputation but there are times where he seems to get it. On the other hand, I love Flores’ focus on intangibles and Rosen does not seem to be his type of guy...yet. But, it’s possible that he’s getting it.

Rodgers had 329 yards 1TD and 1INT in his first 3 NFL seasons. I don’t think Rosen struggling on two historically bad football teams means his career is over. He still has 2 years (with a potential 5th year option) on his rookie contract. That gives us plenty of time to groom him into a guy that at least gets us a compensation pick when he leaves. I think it is smart for him to learn as much as he can and prove he is a team first guy before he gets a chance elsewhere.

200.gif

The Josh Rosen fan club never ceases to amaze. Aaron Rodgers.....come on man.

As much as we like what Fitz has done for us we have to remember his history. As great as he can look at times, he is very erratic. I'm not sure I've seen a QB lose a starting job more than him.

If Fitz struggles at some point early on, the team could obviously go straight to Tua. But there is also a chance that Rosen can fit in a few games to showcase himself, before that happens. And while I do believe Tua will play this year, that decision is not set in stone yet.

And don't underestimate how easily Covid could lead to him getting an opportunity. We will see a lot more backups playing this year than ever before.

Rosen is going to have a tough time finding starting snaps anywhere at this point. It would make perfect sense for him to see how this plays out before asking for a trade.

Everyone knows he's not the future of this team. But the real benefit of him getting snaps with us would be to increase his percieved value. Which in turn, gives him a greater opportunity to start on his next team.

If he wants to really get a shot at being a long term starter, easily his best opportunity would be to wait for another team with a weak backup to lose their starter to injury. If that teams comes calling for Rosen, we get to cash in on their desperation and he gets his chance at a job. Everyone wins.

(But all of this assumes the plan isn't simply to have Rosen be Tua's backup after this year)

Why can’t Rosen be Tua’s backup of the future?
That could easily be the plan. But even though he has had horrible luck regarding the teams he's played for, I simply haven't seen anything close to special with him and was not happy when we traded for him.

We already have received offers for him, so we know teams are interested in him to some degree. I think the combination of normal injuries and Corona could potentially lead to us getting a surprisingly high offer for him from a desperate team.

If that doesn't happen. Then I'm fine keeping him as a backup and seeing what he can become.

Back
Top Bottom