Votes: 47 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Straight to the point. After one week, has Flores already lost the locker room? Interested to see just how many here feels he has/hasn’t.

probably not yet. But wouldn't be surprised if he may end up loosing it soon if things continue to spiral down as they recently have.

I recall a few people here and more than a handful were wondering where the mutiny was after the Tunsil trade. Flores had lost the locker and the only way he can salvage it THIS season is to trade Fitzpatrick because the losing is wear enough...but to lose because you were unprepared is unacceptable to a player who cares.

In the words of Ivan Drago, "If he dies...he dies."

I want to say no, but I have to admit a guy like Minkah wanting out is concerning. Everything we heard about this guy coming out of college was good. Hard worker, completely devoted to football, does everything asked of him without complaints, coaches favorite etc. And now he wants out?

Think about how many posters flatly denied that there was a problem when this first started to break... Go ahead and look, the thread is still there. Just dont point at them and laugh... it is bad form.

...and now, people are legitimately wondering... because there is one player so far... are there others?

Who cares should be option 3. Locker rooms get lost when rebuilding. Anyone who didn't expect it is in denial. Next year Flores will have a fresh start with more talent. If it gets this way next year we have a problem. My 2 cents. Imo

This question reminds me of a story I heard about Chuck Noll taking over the Steelers back in the early 70s when they were rotten...before their run. The player, cant recall who, says that Noll pulled the team together after practice and said do you know why you guys have been losing. The players were attentive as they wondered why they kept losing though they tried hard. Noll said (paraphrased) it's because most of you aren't good and wont be here long. Sure enough very few were on the team the next year.
I have no idea if we can build up to even a good team let alone a dynasty, but I think that many, if not most, of the players in the current locker room wont be around to see it...

I want to say no, but I have to admit a guy like Minkah wanting out is concerning. Everything we heard about this guy coming out of college was good. Hard worker, completely devoted to football, does everything asked of him without complaints, coaches favorite etc. And now he wants out?

Check out some of ck's posts, Minkah has openly been complaining for two years now. X almost fought him in practice. He is not in good standing with his teammates. From what I gathered, he is frustrated from moving around (what was supposed to be his speciality) and wants to stay as a slot corner so he can excel. Did anyone think Minkah would only excel as a Nickel coming out of college? I could be wrong, but I don't recall that narrative. I can point you to a compilation of his draft profile where every single take highlighted his versatility. But he felt like they moved him around too much in Week 1, he bombed, and this week after multiple discussions with Flores, he called his agent. That is not a leader and a far cry than everything we heard about this guy coming out of college.

His wanting out sounds more Jon Martin-esqe than it does something we should be seriously concerned about with the FO.

Last edited:
Yes, he has. I was all on the Flotrain from the beginning. And he still may turn out to be a good coach. But he’s lost the locker room whether it’s his fault or not. A boss can only say things like “Laremy, we are NOT trading you” and then the GM turns around and trades the guy (I love the trade by the way), or not being able to handle the Minkah situation before it blew up and talking about “what’s best for the team” coach speak and finally, lose 59-10 after a camp that apparently had these powder puff kids complaining at how hard it was (see Omar’s report). No results in the W column + what appear to be bold face lies from the player’s perspective + realization that the FO is throwing the season = yes, locker room has tuned you out.

Out of this will emerge some lunch pail guys who are lucky to be playing (O’Leary types) - they will benefit the most, become the guys coach trusts and be around to reap the rewards once the team turns the corner. A lot of carnage in the meantime.

Whatever makes for a good story. Doesn't have to ring true these days.

This is just getting beyond silly IMO. When this season is over going into next season how many of these players are going to be around, 15%? It's not about building the culture for most of the current players. It's about building the culture for the future players.

The only person Flores needs to keep happy is Ross.

everyone who has responded to this post has been in the locker room and is tuned in to what the ultimate goal is

I don't think he has yet. But if our losses continue to be blow-outs he will real soon.

Back
Top Bottom