Has Tuna Gone Insane? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Tuna Gone Insane?

People forget that the Wildcat was birthed in desperation. Maybe they forget the fact that Penny was being classic Penny and the running game was getting stuffed as a result. The field was being crunched down vertically. So they, in desperation, began to massage the horizontal field.

And NOT only w. the Wildcat, but with the incredible time on offensive splits, featuring horizontal maximizing -- to the point where Sims watched a Dolphins practice and came away amazed. He'd never seen anything like it.

If that's not working your butt off to disguise/compensate for a weakness, I don't know what it is.

It is out of this same horizontal desperation that Bess became a go-to guy. Bess' success is linked with the Phins dramatic vertical and straight running game weakness. As is the success of the Wildcat.

It is success born in weakness, in desperation. Jedi, where art thou?

:-)

Penny faced 8-9 men in the box. There was no respect whatsoever of a passing game.

The Jedi are recovered from injury, and have completed their training. Watch out for this year's O. It's gonna be special.

Well, change it was -- and NE didn't know what hit them. That was the funniest part of last season, the confusion on the faces of the NE defenders! Oh my goodness. Pure, unadulterated humor. Classic. And that game essentially cost them the playoffs, in retrospect.

Without question the Wildcat [and attendant focus on maximizing the horizontal field even for regular offense, playing to Penny's strengths] is responsible for turning around the season and propelling the Phins into the playoffs.

LD

ABSOLUTELY... What a beautiful sight it was... I remember criticizing Henning for not being creative up to that point. :lol: I sat down and took one large plate of crow with a side of humble pie!!! I think I was almost as shocked as the Patsies... ALMOST!

We all knew what we were getting when Tuna signed his contract. We were gonna have a bunch of BIG guys playing conservative Smash Mouth football. Sporano, an OL coach, comes in and is a perfect fit for what we're gonna do. Add in Penny, completes a lot of passes, few mistakes, and we're on our way. Right?

Not close. We put in the Wild Cat, somewhat of a very unexpected "gimmick," and it works. However, who wouldda thunk it of Tuna?

Then, the Ravens show that a good D, with an all out blitz, shuts it down. Oh well, it was fun for a while. Now, back to Smash Mouth. Right?

NO WAY. Tuna take a QB, with a very high pick, not only to make the WC work but, to add a spread O to the mix. Then I see in the OTA's that Ronnie is throwing passes, Ricky is throwing passes, Ginn is throwing passes, and even Turner, a rookie, is throwing passes. Who wouldda thunk it of Tuna?

Insanity or Genius? There's a fine line but, I'm thinking the later and loving it. IT'S GONNA BE A FUN YEAR!!!

Your thoughts?

i kind of didnt want to open this thread because i didnt think it would be very good, Asking if a Tuna has gone insane..

but im pretty sure the Wildcat is a smash mouth type of system.. where they line up all the big guys on 1 side and run away at the defense.. and every once in a while they throw a little pass, i wonder what the pass to run ratio was last year 1-5? 20%pass//80% run?

People , the Tuna is human and he will make mistakes but i think he is fooling himself if he thinks the wildcat will take this team to the playoffs.

in terms of the type of offense I would love to throw the ball 60 % of the time and run the ball 40 % to 50 % of the time.

I would love to see 4 wrs sets on one drive and then on the next drive use a two te and 2 wr and 1 rb set . I would love to see Cobbs and Ricky in a two back set with ronnie on the line next to Fasano blocking that would be cool.

i kind of didnt want to open this thread because i didnt think it would be very good, Asking if a Tuna has gone insane..

but im pretty sure the Wildcat is a smash mouth type of system.. where they line up all the big guys on 1 side and run away at the defense.. and every once in a while they throw a little pass, i wonder what the pass to run ratio was last year 1-5? 20%pass//80% run?

I kinda did not want to answer this post because it was not very good. JK.

In the WC, Long goes over next to Carey, creating an unbalanced line, LOTS OF BEEF OVER THERE. We don't run that way. We run up the gut or to where Ronnie sees an opening. If you watched our games, you would see a few BOMBS from the WC.

I kinda did not want to answer this post because it was not very good. JK.

In the WC, Long goes over next to Carey, creating an unbalanced line, LOTS OF BEEF OVER THERE. We don't run that way. We run up the gut or to where Ronnie sees an opening. If you watched our games, you would see a few BOMBS from the WC.
lol well thats my point.. We Ran from it alot more than passed! how ever i did not mean to say little pass i mean i wouldnt want to say bomb either because every pass made from that the receiving person would have to slow down!

but about the post title i just ment normally when people say stuff like crazy there very negative.. but this one wanst

People , the Tuna is human and he will make mistakes but i think he is fooling himself if he thinks the wildcat will take this team to the playoffs.

in terms of the type of offense I would love to throw the ball 60 % of the time and run the ball 40 % to 50 % of the time.

I would love to see 4 wrs sets on one drive and then on the next drive use a two te and 2 wr and 1 rb set . I would love to see Cobbs and Ricky in a two back set with ronnie on the line next to Fasano blocking that would be cool.

Ace,

You're on the verge of being a Deuce. White is going to be running a spread O, in addition to the Cat. The 4 WR set is a spread O.

lol well thats my point.. We Ran from it alot more than passed! how ever i did not mean to say little pass i mean i wouldnt want to say bomb either because every pass made from that the receiving person would have to slow down!

but about the post title i just ment normally when people say stuff like crazy there very negative.. but this one wanst

Smith,

No problem. I am, on occasion, a sarcastic SOB. LMAO!

Not close. We put in the Wild Cat, somewhat of a very unexpected "gimmick," and it works. However, who wouldda thunk it of Tuna?

Your thoughts?

Parcells ran plays like those when he was with the Giants with Megget and with the Pats and Jets as well.

Those are not new plays, don't let the media fool you. The Pats have run those for years with Billichik, that is one of the oldest formations in football.

Parcells ran plays like those when he was with the Giants with Megget and with the Pats and Jets as well.

Those are not new plays, don't let the media fool you. The Pats have run those for years with Billichik, that is one of the oldest formations in football.

The media will not fool me, I know as much as they do. :)

IF Mr Bill was so adept at the WC, we would not have KICKED HIS ***, even after his half time "adjustments." Are you a Pat's fan?

True, but we also took two QB's. I recall someone telling me a few years ago that we should just draft QB's until we find one who can play. :)

I think thats how it should be done. Draft one every year until you find that gem. IMO thats what every team should do.

Smash mouth football with a little spice sounds Italian to me. Bill P likes to draft Italian tight ends and likes his football that way also a meat and pasta with a little spice added. Hey Bill P was up to it last year when he picked up that FA from Ga Southern that did not pan out. Hey its a game and he has been playing around with it for many years so if you love somehting that long you are going to be a little creative along the way!

The media will not fool me, I know as much as they do. :)

IF Mr Bill was so adept at the WC, we would not have KICKED HIS ***, even after his half time "adjustments." Are you a Pat's fan?

Am I a Pats fan? :chuckle:

As for 'Mr Bill', uh do you remember the score of the 2nd game last year when we played the Pats?

Am I a Pats fan? :chuckle:

As for 'Mr Bill', uh do you remember the score of the 2nd game last year when we played the Pats?

SORRY, and yes I do. What is your point? Did it take Mr Bill that long to figure out what Sluggo was diong after running the same for years?

I think not.

There are a number of teams who will bring in the WC this season. Think we will not be ready for it?

Back
Top Bottom