Haskins From Osu... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins From Osu...

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
is out there SHREDDING a quality defense...

I've seen mocks that have him going as high as to us at #14. If he's there in the 3rd/4th, like I expect...pull the trigger.

You expect him to be available in the 3rd or 4th Round?
Nope, not completely...but:
  1. Who does he go to that needs a QB?
  2. After Herbert and Lock, how does he project against Nate Stanley, Will Grier, Daniel Jones, Ryan Finley, etc.
  3. How much can one year of signal calling help/hurt his cause?

Well, he's better than Lock, and he's playing better than Herbert. Jones, Grier and Finley aren't really in any conversation that includes Haskins.

I think he should return to school, and he needs to improve his feet, but, other than Herbert, he's the only QB in the class with a realistic shot of playing well in the NFL. Needs to fix/speed up his feet, though.

I don’t think everyone understands what Haskins is doing today. This is a great defense he’s toying with.

Well, he's better than Lock, and he's playing better than Herbert. Jones, Grier and Finley aren't really in any conversation that includes Haskins.

I think he should return to school, and he needs to improve his feet, but, other than Herbert, he's the only QB in the class with a realistic shot of playing well in the NFL. Needs to fix/speed up his feet, though.

You are right on both counts, Haskins is edging past Herbert in my view. I would be delighted if we took him anywhere in the draft. In terms of coming back, that's the sensible thing to do, but like we've talked about on here it's unlikely to happen and you can't really blame him if/when he declares, he's going to be hot property in a weak QB class, he's going to make a lot of money and he might not be the full time starter next year if he does return, that'll hurt his stock. I see Herbert, Haskins and Lock as likely to go in the first, Grier is borderline, someone will roll the dice on him but he could go anywhere from late 1st to 3rd or even 4th round.

As an Ohio State fan that’s watched him play every game, I would take him with a top 10 pick today

Why do analysts say x player should return to school? Wouldn't they do better under NFL coaching in some cases?

Why do analysts say x player should return to school? Wouldn't they do better under NFL coaching in some cases?

It's a balance imo. If we're talking about guys like Haskins and Herbert, I think you have to consider that they need more reps and time to develop. They will get that in college, or they might get that in the NFL as a rookie. In the second scenario, they have to show enough at camp/preseason for the team to trust them enough to start. Assuming they show enough, they're likely to struggle badly. This can be frustrating for the team, can hurt the QB's confidence and development, and if they're processing info too slow, it could lead to them taking a lot of hits. Of course most rookie QB's struggle, but it's a matter of degree.

But, being good enough to actually see the field is the primary hurdle for these two. It's OK if they sit and learn, but I'd rather see them go back to school and get those reps. On a personal level, I wouldn't begrudge either for leaving and cashing that check.

As an Ohio State fan that’s watched him play every game, I would take him with a top 10 pick today

Yeah I’m also an Ohio State fan and really like Haskins and I think he’ll be very good in the NFL but that’s not what I want. I want a franchise, HOF, Dan Marino/Aron Rodgers love child. I’m willing to build both lines and wait patiently for that QB to be a Dolphin.

Problem with building the lines is, if both lines improve we will be finishing around 8-8 and out of range for a franchise qb, unless we sell our future for one, if you have the shot at a qb you like take him in my opinion

Hey J-off. Been watching more of Lock and I think he's one I'd gamble on early. I wouldn't trade up for any quarterback, unless it was a few spots and not giving up the house. But, if Lock falls he's very intriguing to me. Physically, I think he has what you're looking for. His arm talent is undeniable, his deep ball is really good. Footwork is a problem and I think that's why his accuracy isn't great. Thoughts?

Problem with building the lines is, if both lines improve we will be finishing around 8-8 and out of range for a franchise qb, unless we sell our future for one, if you have the shot at a qb you like take him in my opinion

Chiefs didn’t give up much.

Hey J-off. Been watching more of Lock and I think he's one I'd gamble on early. I wouldn't trade up for any quarterback, unless it was a few spots and not giving up the house. But, if Lock falls he's very intriguing to me. Physically, I think he has what you're looking for. His arm talent is undeniable, his deep ball is really good. Footwork is a problem and I think that's why his accuracy isn't great. Thoughts?

I don't like Lock very much. His instincts, feet, and mechanics are all over the place, and he looks like he processes things very slowly. He doesn't play the position with grace. He looks surprised all the time, making late adjustments, rather than anticipating, and I think that's one of the main reasons he misses so many easy throws when he moves off of his primary receiver. He has a big arm, and he throws it well when everything works right, but he doesn't check enough boxes for me. I think he's draftable, but I wouldn't consider him in the 1st or 2nd, and I'm not sure where I'll settle on with him - probably somewhere Day 3. He'll likely be drafted in the 1st, though.

Back
Top Bottom