Hat-Gate Part II: Pouncey twins wear "Free Hernandez" hats in public | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hat-Gate Part II: Pouncey twins wear "Free Hernandez" hats in public

30 pages about a stupid ****ing hat?!?

Yep. Definitely the last week of the looooong offseason here at FH. :hclap:

Compared to the seemingly unending stream of threads about the logo and new Dolphin fashions, this was a welcome change.

Compared to the seemingly unending stream of threads about the logo and new Dolphin fashions, this was a welcome change.

Technically, this is another Dolphins fashion thread.

why bother apologizing when there are fans like you that wouldnt' believe it was sincere? better to deal with it interally, than to draw even more attention to it.

Yeah but at least we know they have dealt with it then, I think there are times when behind close doors is appropriate and times when a public route needs to be taken. Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb went out in public flaunting those hats, Pouncey is a first round pick so it gives him more spot light. If we were talking about Pouncey making a stupid comment I think a closed door meeting with Joe is ok, but that dumb hat at the club they should set a no bs example especially at the beginning of the new season.

You're confused by the difference between fans wearing Dolphin hats and Dolphins wearing fan hats.
Both impact me about as much. The latter impacts the Dolphins the most, but neither impacts their ability to win, which is all I care about.

Both impact me about as much. The latter impacts the Dolphins the most, but neither impacts their ability to win, which is all I care about.
I think it shows poor judgement, and honestly I hope both brothers pouncy learn a valuable lesson about image, leadership and maturity.

but neither impacts their ability to win, which is all I care about.

I'm not so sure that's true. I don't know what the Dolphins expected out of Pouncey on the leadership front, but if they were expecting him to be a leader on this team, this makes that future a lot less clear ...unless you're also discounting the importance of having leaders on a team.

I'm not so sure that's true. I don't know what the Dolphins expected out of Pouncey on the leadership front, but if they were expecting him to be a leader on this team, this makes that future a lot less clear ...unless you're also discounting the importance of having leaders on a team.

FWIW, I think this is an awful and embarrassing public display by the twins - unnecessary and conceding back some of the credibility and goodwill capital that Pouncey has by word and deed previously built.

However, visceral reactions calling for his head, wishing he were gone, assuming he's a gang-banger are IMO barely any more logical or mature than donning the hat. It's an incident and hopefully an isolated one that he and his brother can learn from.

As to losing respect and leadership influence amongst his teammattes - this is where I do disagree with you. As his very good friend has not been convicted of anything, deserves the benefit of the doubt among close friends and family until otherwise (although I think he's guilty as hell, so don't misunderstand), IMO having the back of your friends and family when everyone else is throwing them under the bus, maybe can even be construed as bravely doing so, should resonate with his teammates saying "I've got your back even if it's the unpopular stance to take... so long as you're in the Fins family" therefore enhancing his leadership perception among his fellow players. Just my opinion :idk:

Vaark nailed it on the head. Pouncey will still be a leader on the field, zero doubt. Now a leader in team fashion, not a chance. That being said, Pouncey's leadership value pales in comparison to Tannehill's.

But by all means, keep trying to turn this into something bigger than it is. Nothing else to do this time of year.

Yeah but at least we know they have dealt with it then, I think there are times when behind close doors is appropriate and times when a public route needs to be taken. Tweedle dee and tweedle dumb went out in public flaunting those hats, Pouncey is a first round pick so it gives him more spot light. If we were talking about Pouncey making a stupid comment I think a closed door meeting with Joe is ok, but that dumb hat at the club they should set a no bs example especially at the beginning of the new season.

This is Philbin we're talking about, it's pretty much guaranteed that it has been (or shortly will be) "dealt with". I don't see the need for a public apology. Although it sure wouldn't hurt to include some extra clauses in Pouncey's next contract regarding any illegal activity... just in case. Hey, when you hang out with guys like Aaron Hernandez and then publicly display that you want him set free while he's on trial for a deeply disturbing murder and under suspicion for several more, that's what you get.

This is Philbin we're talking about, it's pretty much guaranteed that it has been (or shortly will be) "dealt with". I don't see the need for a public apology. Although it sure wouldn't hurt to include some extra clauses in Pouncey's next contract regarding any illegal activity... just in case. Hey, when you hang out with guys like Aaron Hernandez and then publicly display that you want him set free while he's on trial for a deeply disturbing murder and under suspicion for several more, that's what you get.

I'm sure Philibin has said something and if it comes up his next press conference he will address it. Maurkice Pouncey coming out and apologizing does nothing for me because I am positive Tomlin hammered him. The bigger concern is the Pouncey twins continue to associated with the likes of Aaron Hernandez to the point they are making public displays of it.

I'm sure Philibin has said something and if it comes up his next press conference he will address it. Maurkice Pouncey coming out and apologizing does nothing for me because I am positive Tomlin hammered him. The bigger concern is the Pouncey twins continue to associated with the likes of Aaron Hernandez to the point they are making public displays of it.

I agree, I'm very concerned about a player I thought was a well-spoken, intelligent young leader of this team associating himself with Hernandez like that. Combine that with the stories that were posted here recently about Hernandez (some of which included the Pouncey twins) back at UF and... I just can't look the same way at him anymore. I was just saying that I don't really see the need for a public apology (I doubt it would change my opinion of him right now anyways)

Back
Top Bottom