Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers?

One mans trash.....

Hey, I am glad they are excited to get him, cause I am excited to get rid of him...so it all works out. ;)

I think the fact we got something for him when we would have released him anyway is a good thing. 7th rds do make the team sometimes and contribute. Haley was a nice 7th rd pick.

we also don't have any dead money next year now which is something I wanted from the start.

We're gonna need all the cap room we can get next year.

You also trade for guys w/ that 7th....like Derrick Rodgers and Sage Rosenfels.

I just realized I read that wrong.. Im the dope..

:goof: :tongue:

Theres probably someone on the Saints board laughing his ass off about our infatuation with Sammy Knight. Sometimes a change of scenery can be good for a player.

I for one think that Rodgers will have an excellent year if hes asked to rush the passer instead of playing pass defense/

I'm glad he's gone to the Saints. Its where he grew up. He gets to go home and we get to be rid of him...and we get to not have him count for anything against next year's cap which is a real bonus. Who cares about the 7th rounder.

I wonder if these excited Saints players have seen Rodgers' brilliant coverage on Kevin Faulk last year on the play that put the Pats in field goal position. This is the organization that said Ricky was too slow, and thought that Sammy Knight was expendable because he was also slow, although he gets 5 picks a year and is almost never out of position. If I remember correctly, their defense gave up at least 20 points a game in every game last year except for the finale (which they lost anyway). I also remember them giving up an insane amount of points in the last 4 games of 2001 (not sure of the exact stats, but I think it was close to 40 points per game). I suppose their defense might be bad enough that Rodgers is actually an upgrade. When you can say that about your defense, you know you're in trouble.

Well Knight was a pro bowler recently correct? What about Rodgers? :)

Oh well, let them be happy. I am sure the honeymoon will end soon enough and he will be back to being Mr. Invisible on the field and message boards.

Bottom line is we got a draft pick, relief on the cap next year, a happy player from a PR standpoint and Jr. SEAU..not a bad job at all..I'm happy their happy. and I'm happy that Roger's happy...:drinkers:

I was on saintsreport.com yesterday and said that Rodgers was a wifebeater and making sarcastic remarks about how bad he is, and then everyone attacked me saying I was wrong, and then I think I got banned. :lol:

They just fail to realize that Rodgers sucks. Also, they still think they ripped us off on the Ricky deal. :lol:

I'm a Saints fan, and I really don't know too much about Rodgers. I know our LBers sucked last year though, as did our DT's, and FS.

I'm one of those Saints fans that think letting Knight go was a travesty.

Whats the deal with Rodgers? What does he do well, and what does he do no so well?

Thanks!

Rodgers brings speed (which is what Haslett is after) to the table, and virtually nothing else. He is a major liability in coverage.

Coming into the NFL, he was a superb blitzing OLB. I don't know if that is still the case anymore though. He hasn't been used as a blitzer in a very long time. He is quick, and sometimes makes the big play (2 INTs last season). His problem is coverage. Also seems to disappear for stretches of games. I'd say he is a very average starter, but a superb back-up. Either way, not bad for a 7th round pick.......

Back
Top Bottom