Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers?

Originally posted by phinfan34
http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37993&pagenumber=2

BigSaint8050

Miami still has some very good players on defense, I just think they were worried too much about the end of the year slumps and mistook age for maturity. I am a huge Seau fan, but he is not what he was even three years ago. He is on the last leg of a great career and things have slowed down immensely. Sammy Knight is not the answer and Arturo Freeman is a better all around player with more potential. Zgonina is no more than an average backup. T-buck is another player that is on the last leg of a good career. Though the experience level increased Miami’s front office just made the more susceptible to an end of the season downfall. None of the moves on defense were good ones and the only decent move they made (in fact I would say good move) is signing Darrius Thomspson but it does not counter the moves made on the defensive side of the ball.

I think who wrote this is confused as hell. Arturo better than Knight?! :lol: Hey i like Freeman but he's not better than night. And the fact that Seau and Buckley are supposely on their last leg... could have fooled the hell out of me when i went to the camps. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Knight should do pretty well for y'all. I expect Knight to have a great year in your system. Knight had a down year last season so a lot of fans, including myself, got down on him. He uncharacteristically whiffed on tackles that he normally made in his sleep. But as I said, every player has a down year in their career, or at least one that isn't up to par with their own standards. Knight should do well, making some big plays at key times, but he will also get burnt / abused just a bit more than your average safety (but what DB doesn't get burned). Good luck with your season and let's hope our teams meet in the Super Bowl.

Saint fans do not get too excited, he is not the best starting LB ever, but you got a good player for a 7th round pick.

Knight played a faster surface, he will be slower in Miami, but he has less field to cover with better talent on field to help. He is playmaking vet, his best game was on grass surface also.

The LB has a coach (Halsett) who played LB. Many Saints fans are happy, the guy is a local and they love to bring their own back to play. The Saints play a faster field, so this guy's speed can be featured more, instead of the slow conservaitve wanny read and react. Haslet will give the guy opportunities to make plays upfield which is his strentgh.

For a 7th round pick it was a steal, if Rodgers was that bad a cap hit he would have been cut outright to half his bonus. The team barely has any space on cap, still paying cap hits deferred bonus like Gadsen is the reason why a guy like Rodgers was let go. Phins are still paying people who do not play for them.

How many years was Ricky a Saint? Less time than Rodgers was a Phin. The lessons of the Ricky deal is that potential takes longer than a year to realize with some players, even if they are impact.

Rodgers being impact reamins to be seen, good support player for a cheap pick.If the Saints win it all you can draft "Mr. Irrelevant" now.

Phins got the best player in the entire draft this year (Ricky) from a trade with Saints. Maybe it is fair that they return favour in round 7.Basically to creat cap room after Knight you sent them Rodgers, and got a pick for next year to trade midround up or add special teams contributors.

Score on trades so far....Dolphins 2, Saints 1....Ricky and Knight probowl, Rodgers contributor support player. Dolphins round 7 may even have impact.

Saint 2 big round one picks were linemen, wont see as much numbers from them to evaluate impact. All seems to be win-win, each team upgraded and made cap space at same time.

Hey guys it is not like Rogers sucked. He is a good player and a starter for most teams. I think that only getting a 7th sucks. But it is better than nothing at all. So I wish him good luck. He still has game had it not been for his cap & age he would still be a Phin. He was not the weakest LB for the Phins the past couple of seasons. He may not have been an ideal fit for the Phins style of play. But none the less he showed up for the Phins on most game days. I think he will be a damn good player for the Saints.

Back
Top Bottom