Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have any of you guys read what some Saints fans are saying about Rodgers?

Originally posted by Surferosa
Theres probably someone on the Saints board laughing his ass off about our infatuation with Sammy Knight. Sometimes a change of scenery can be good for a player.

I for one think that Rodgers will have an excellent year if hes asked to rush the passer instead of playing pass defense/

I totally agree with this. He had just as many sacks as BIG TOUGH Roosevelt Colvin and BIG TOUGH Jeff Posey when he was being used as a blizting Linebacker.

Yeah I would say he is a steal for a 7th rd pick. I think you also have to look at our system. The Dolphin "D" is designed for the DL to use up blockers and let the LBs make the plays. With this system Rodgers SHOULD have had much better stats. He is a great back up though which is pretty good for a 7th rd pick. You gotta wonder about his off field stuff though. I hope he gets it worked out has a good 2-5 year career for you guys.

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37993&pagenumber=2

BigSaint8050

Miami still has some very good players on defense, I just think they were worried too much about the end of the year slumps and mistook age for maturity. I am a huge Seau fan, but he is not what he was even three years ago. He is on the last leg of a great career and things have slowed down immensely. Sammy Knight is not the answer and Arturo Freeman is a better all around player with more potential. Zgonina is no more than an average backup. T-buck is another player that is on the last leg of a good career. Though the experience level increased Miami’s front office just made the more susceptible to an end of the season downfall. None of the moves on defense were good ones and the only decent move they made (in fact I would say good move) is signing Darrius Thomspson but it does not counter the moves made on the defensive side of the ball.

Let em talk. Remember last year during the whole ofsseason? Every other thread was about how Ricky was terrible and Deuce was better. I think that Ricky answered that for them. The extra picks combined with their talent already in place would make them THE team to beat in the NFL. Well, if that was the case, they were the team to beat, and it happened quite often. The only way this bites us in the arse is if somehow Seau falters or becomes injury prone (which he isn't, I don't care that he was out for three games last year, that brings his grand total to a whopping 8 for his career).

It would have been nice to have the draft pick be a seventh with a conditional to go up to a sixth or fifth based on playing time and performance by Rodgers but oh well. It allows us more cap room next year and we still have quality depth across the board on defense. If you reall want to start throwing stone though, ask them about their offensive line. They have given up Willie Roaf and Kyle Turley, who were both leaders and in return have an overpaid aging Wayne Gandy and used a draft pick on an LT that won't be playing anytime soon, unless he plays out of position. Their interior line is terrible as is the linebacking core. Their secondary has gotten a bit better, but it really didn't have anywhere else to go but up. Pay no attention to the Saints fans, they have their own problems to worry about before trying to fix others.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Theres probably someone on the Saints board laughing his ass off about our infatuation with Sammy Knight. Sometimes a change of scenery can be good for a player.

Except for one thing.....

S. Knight is a lil more proven as a player ... just a wee bit..... than Rodgers don't you think????

Actually a whole lot more proven......

Good Riddance.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan

I totally agree with this. He had just as many sacks as BIG TOUGH Roosevelt Colvin and BIG TOUGH Jeff Posey when he was being used as a blizting Linebacker.

When exactly was that????

Originally posted by Trekbiz

S. Knight is a lil more proven as a player ... just a wee bit..... than Rodgers don't you think????

Good Riddance.

Thats what I said a few posts ago.... pro bowler vs um who

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan

Can anyone tell me when this was???
Rodgers had double digit sacks for the Fins???
I don't remember that at all.
In fact, I don't think he's even reached double digits in sacks with all the years he's been here added together. So where does this info above come from???
Someone, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Trekbiz

Good Riddance.

Saints fans are probably saying, "Those Dolphin fans on Finheaven are so delusional. No other team in the league made as much as a marginal push to sign Sammy. The rest of the league knows the truth - he was the best player on what was a very bad defense. That doesnt make him good. And whats funniest of all is that they now they think theyve scored a perrennial pro bowl player".

Theyre laughing at us the same way were laughing at them. So what. IMO they made a GREAT value trade for a 7th round pick. He was a SIX year starter on a top 5 defense. Saints are looking to create a faster defense, and DR fits their scheme better than slow guys like Norman Hand and Sammy Knight. I think its a solid strategy and I believe he will contribute this year, even if he doesnt become a 10 sack guy. And a 7th round pick for a contributor (possibly starter) is great business.

Finally, let me remind you that before you guys go laughing about other fans blatant homerism, many on THIS board have already tabbed JR Tolver a starter and a future star, despite never having seen him play a game. Point is, its silly to lambast a team for suporting new personnel - theyre excited just like we are.

Good luck DR. Hope you get your life straightened out in NO.

Originally posted by tomwaits
I'm a Saints fan, and I really don't know too much about Rodgers. I know our LBers sucked last year though, as did our DT's, and FS.

I'm one of those Saints fans that think letting Knight go was a travesty.

Whats the deal with Rodgers? What does he do well, and what does he do no so well?

Thanks!

Let me just say this for ya, rogers does not suck and he is fast. our scheme was not always meant for him i thought. i think he covers pretty well but sometimes falls short. i think he would have been better if he was allowed to blitz more. maybe in NO he will find some light. who knows? but anything you have now, rogers will certainly add some strength. rogers is a vocal person and has some leader in him. but the roof kind of caved in on him when he started out last year beating his wife for a "rendevous" with another man. its easy to say he was a wife beater, but as a man, how can i say i wouldnt have done the same thing if my fine wife was sneaking around on the side? Seau just adds more to our team than rogers, thats what it comes down to.

I would have rather kept him as a backup, but cap space and 7th round pick will do.

Back
Top Bottom