Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl

I've thought a lot about this recently, too. I'm not sure I could ever give up being a fan, and certainly not changing teams. But it's been very tough to be a fan. I drink a lot more during games than I ever did before. I live in So Cal, but from 1990 to 2005, I went to 9 home games in Miami and a handful of others around the country. I haven't seen a live Dolphins game since 2005. Some of that is the team, some is in the insane increase in ticket prices, and some is that my kids were never interested in going, but it is strange to me to think I go to Florida at least once a year now and how long it's been since I've seen a game. I think a lot about the concept of "robot" football or "virtual" football, and I used to laugh them off as ridiculous concepts. Now I'm not so sure. If presented with entertaining robot football, would I watch? Yeah, I actually might. And rather than watch a Sunday game, could I watch two experts playing a full game of Madden instead? Maybe not right now, but if the technology got a little better to the point where they could fool me into thinking I'm watching real players, yeah, I might.

My interest in the dolphins has faded a bit. I dont go to any games live but will watch them at home. Like alot of people I tend not to get mad as much or as long as I used to after a lose. I'm just like "meh typical fins" now. But my interest in the NFL as a whole is still very strong. I guess alot has to do with fantasy football for me cuz I do watch alot of games outside the dolphins and follow the draft and combine and all that stuff alot. I dont care much for the politics and the BS involving the anthem and Kaepernick so that doesnt niether me as much as some. Idk overall I still love the sport even though it has gotten softer since the 90s abd early 2000s. Either way I'll still be on my couch watching the games and cheering.

Yes, but I have realized that it is just entertainment. The bad calls and favoritism toward certain teams creates publicity. Which is what they want. Only watched a few Dolphin games this past season. Caught the second half of Miracle in Miami game at BW3's. Racing has taken the place of watching football on Sundays for me. Also was at the NFL Championship to see that horrendous call up close. I'll keep an interest in the Dolphin because it is part of who I am.

As i get older i find i have less interest in the league as a whole outside of the dolphins of course.

Back
Top Bottom