Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl

Used to watch a lot of NFL outside of the Fins. Now I usually watch the Fins on streaming compressed games. Just don't have the time to spend 3 hours watching the current Dolphins product.

The NFL product overall is not worth watching based on what I want out of football. Essentially the personal foul on Robey-Coleman when he hit Burkhead in this Superbowl encapsulates the reason. Great football play eradicated by current interpretation of the game.

Dude, you just had the greatest defensive SB ever.

The score may show that but the ineptitude of the Rams game plan and Pats weren't much better. Brady was way off his game. The offensive execution was poor on both sides and I don't think it was all a result of the D.

It was a bad Superbowl ... not a memorable defensive battle.

Yes I am

The Steelers and Pats have get too many calls going back the last 40 years. You have to question the integrity if the NFL officiating - yes fans can come from anywhere and there is no way to know - but you asked the question

What 12 -13 SBs and countless PO appearances between these franchises?

A few years ago we all watched Big Ben fumble into the end zone from the 1, lose the ball recovered by Miami and the ball goes back to Pitt and we lose the game when they score

I have seen perfect corner coverage and the official move the football for these franchises -

Oh yes what these teams have their own freakin officiating school or what???

The past SB was a Joke - there I said it - the officiating was piss poor - beginning with that form tackle that was called for 15 yard and the lack of call when the QBs was near out of bounds and took a forearm shiver - should have been 15 yards whether he was in bounds or not (forearm shivers to the face not good)

Remarkable how much I used to love the game compared to today

Although that blatant...embarrassing non call in the Saints game made the NFL look beyond amateur my failings are with the team I've supported the last 35yrs. I am just bored seeing the same team top the AFC East every year. I used to want a Superbowl. I lowered my expectations....AFC East Champions..I lowered my expectations...you can see where I'm going. I'm that bored these days I can't even be bothered to complete my opinion. Team sucks for that long my support... although solid is not 24/7 these days. I have better things to do on gameday. I never used to be like this but lack of ANY success over many...many years will take its toll sooner or later.

I still have interest, and will as long as I have like-minded people to watch with. Football was never about sitting alone and obsessing/sweating over games for me, it was getting together with my family and friends, making heaps of food, having drinks and taking my mind of the work week. Pure entertainment. If the phins do well, it’s a huge bonus.

yes totally. only watch dolphin games, and the super bowl if NE is in it.

I’ve definitely lost interest. For the last five or so years I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t even care much if we lose. I still enjoy wins but losses are nothing to me anymore.

I’ve watched every minute of the combine if that is any indication.

I've lost tons of interest in not only the NFL (cheating, lying, CTE cover up) but following the Dolphins in general.

I truly think this league is fixed to a certain extent and the Dolphins haven't been in the NFL's plans the past 2 decades. But it's a beautiful and exciting sport, so I still watch just the Dolphins play. Tried to quit last year and couldn't walk away.

I hate to admit it but I have lost almost all interest in the NFL.

Part of me died inside when Ross hired t-bum, and when they did not bring in another QB this past offseason a much bigger part of me went numb to the Dolphins.

The problem I have with the NFL is that I no longer have any confidence that it is a REAL, legitimate sporting event,

and not just another exercise in FAKE, controlled distraction.

Maybe the Dolphins lose because they are SUPPOSED to lose?

The fact that the NFL moved 2 teams to the LA market and then those teams BOTH win over ten games and make the playoffs within a couple of years

seems more than a little suspicious to me.

I still enjoy football, but I think the NFL in particular is just pretty boring these days.

- Too much commercial time.
- Obvious officiating errors in pretty much every game that you watch, and the League adamantly refuses to try to mitigate this problem.
- Arbitrary changes to the rules, such as the nonsensical ten minute overtime, etc.
- The team I root for is a boring pile of crap pretty much every season, and has been for about two decades.
- Having to find bootleg streams to get the one good game that's aired every Sunday.

College football is great, and I'm actually really enjoying the AAF. I still love the sport, I just don't think the NFL puts out a compelling case for me to watch it, anymore.
100% on your points 1-3. There is no flow to the game as it is so over-officiated. And those stupid rules add to the lack of flow as we watch the zebras huddle to discuss just about everything now. The game sucks and I only watch because the fins are a part of me since childhood. Having said that, if the NFL folded I would be relieved in a way as weird as that sounds.

That was only my 3rd season. Love it. My favourite sport. And that's with the Pats winning it twice!! Added bonus now I've realised how much it annoys most of my friends when I tell them I think the NFL is better than the Premier League

Viewing figures would not appear to back up your last statement

Back
Top Bottom