Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl

Compared to when we were led by Don Shula and Dan Marino, winning the division almost every year, going to the playoffs regularly, scoring a bazillion points and never out of a game! Compared to when we were the winningest team in US Sports? Yes!

But that doesn't mean that I don't still love the Miami Dolphins. I'm hoping to return to glory like that … and looking at the ages of Belichick and Brady, our window should be opening "soon" …. whenever that is.
Shows how inept our team has been when we as fans have to look forward to a quarterback and coach's retirement. Shame on us for not being competitive we shouldn't have to hope as fans for another team's demise to affect our experience. I've been around since the glory days (the early 70's), so I'm optimistic, there's always hope. There are ups and downs, unfortunately, we've been down for quite a while. I just want to see another SB before my 2-minute warning.

I have right now. If Miami truly is aiming to be 1-15 this year I’m not going to watch or pay attention to any of it. I’m already pissed off there’s mention of tanking. We’ve waited so long for Miami to be good, I can’t stomach being told to wait 2-3 more years to possibly be a good team again.
The key word there is "possibly" you're spot on.

I'm appreciative and feel very fortunate that I've witnessed

The best Dolphins Football era 80's-90's NFL

The best Bands / Music 80's - 90's

The best Nascar era will ever be 80's - 90's

The best boxing era 80's - 90's

It's sad to say the bands are going going down hill, nascar cookie cutter cars / stage one-two-three crap, and boxing sucks.

With the way that the NFL has stretched out since is was a 14 week season to where we are now with about 2 months off
The only one of the four that can come back around out of all of them period is the Miami Dolphins / NFL

My interest is strong, I'm going no where.:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm appreciative and feel very fortunate that I've witnessed

The best Dolphins Football era 80's-90's NFL

The best Bands / Music 80's - 90's

The best Nascar era will ever be 80's - 90's

The best boxing era 80's - 90's

It;'s sad to say the bands are going going down hill, nascar cookie cutter cars / stage one-two-three crap, and boxing sucks.

With the way that the NFL has stretched out since is was a 14 week season to where we are now with about 2 months off
The only one of the four that can come back around out of all of them period is the Miami Dolphins / NFL

My interest is strong, I'm going no where.:cheers:
Dude, the best Dolphins era was in the 70's

Dude, the best Dolphins era was in the 70's

I saw a lot of late 70's it was a little on the boring side and there wasn't really ways to watch Dolphin football for me and I did witness the Dolphins 72 superbowl win.

Remember cable had 24 channels mid-late 70's then quickly jumped to 75 channels in 1976-1980 era which is why I really wont rate the 70's as my favorite. If I lived in florida in the 70's It may have been on my special list but view ability exploded in the 80's along with the internet in the 90's.

No one now days realizes how lucky they are with all the ways to get viewable eye candy.

Last edited:
I have right now. If Miami truly is aiming to be 1-15 this year I’m not going to watch or pay attention to any of it. I’m already pissed off there’s mention of tanking. We’ve waited so long for Miami to be good, I can’t stomach being told to wait 2-3 more years to possibly be a good team again.

The roster's not bad enough to be 1-15 so that don't be an issue. They were in the playoff hunt 14 weeks into a season full of key injuries and terrible coaching.

The new staff is going to bring a lot more accountability.

If they really want to maintain excitement around the franchise and it's future, it makes sense to try and build up your 2020 draft arsenal from now.

We should be looking to be looking to add talent on the interior of both line's this year. I'll settle for pro bowl alternate caliber OG's, C and DT's.

1-15 not on the table this year, just like it never was last year either.

We may be picking right around 13th again next year, maybe 9th, maybe 17th.

Not 3rd. Definitely not 2nd or 1st.

Which makes all the more sense to also picking like 25th next year. Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, and Watson were all acquired in trade ups. most of last year's class were too (none of which I'd want over the previously drafted 4 mentioned).

Pick 48 and possibly swap other picks should be on the table to any of the playoff teams looking to desperately fill a weakness and forfeit a 2020 1st.

That's not tanking. It's preparing. Quite a few teams are void a big time draft capital while other's (Raiders specifically, and Packers/Colts some extent) should have picks to burn. Oakland will be active just because of their situation, New Orleans, Green Bay and Indy's QB windows only have so much more time left in them.

Saints, Bears and Cowboys, with 1sts (Bears without a 2nd also) might be in the market to sell.

53 Philadelphia Eagles (1-25th)
54 Houston Texans (1-23rd)
55 Houston Texans (1-23rd)
56 New England Patriots (1-32nd)
57 Philadelphia Eagles (1-25th)

Then you have this cluster of 5 picks in the late 2nd round. Where you could really see Houston or Philly considering a move to 13.

Being as bad as possible to get the No.1 pick.......Isn't football.

Edit: bored at work today, this is by far the most amount of thought/labor I've put into my day.

I love the sport. As for the NFL right now, not so much.

yes the Marino years were great but I take winning a couple of super bowls over it.....lol

yes the Marino years were great but I take winning a couple of super bowls over it.....lol

Wow. That's a hardcore discusion: Marino or a SB.

I'd have to take all of the Marino years but I'm biased.

I bonded so very much with my late father watching the beauty of Marino throw... I wouldn't trade any of it. I get teary-eyed just thinking about it. They are some of the best memories I have.

Back
Top Bottom