Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have You Lost Any Interest In The Nfl

My interest has increased. I used to only watch the Dolphins but now I watch any games I can. The DVR has been a major player in my increased viewing. I’m also watching more college football than even and I’ve watched my Birmingham Iron every game.

Yes and quite possibly one of the greatest coaching performances in recent memory. The boy genius got schooled.

Yessir.

In all fairness, trade QBs and I still think Brady finds a way to win.

Rams D did the job, while not as creatively, just as as effectively. But, boy clutch (yes still a fking mthfkng God why have you forsaken us boy even at 41), superhuman boy clutch did his thing yet again.

And to that point, that's also one of the reasons that the NFL will always remain interesting.

Those moments when the best have the ball in their hands with the game on the line... moments like is Brady actually going to do this again... those moments are historical.

I guess same case can be made for any league, though.

football is best sport. that why they print money. the off season is hype.

I still watch the Dolphins passionately, but have lost a lot of interest in the NFL as a whole. My Sunday use to revolve around it and I would constantly be looking at sites during the offseason to see what was going on. I come here and check out ESPN a couple times a day to see if anything big has happened. While this team has been hard to watch at times, I still love them. My lack of interest has been mostly due to the clown show the NFL is turning in to with the outside stuff like the Social Injustice fiasco attacking an issue outside in instead of inside out led by a jackass who wore pig cop socks and a Castro shirt talking about anything. Got no time for that BS, especially during the National Anthem. Sorry if that is too much, but it is the reason I and many others are not as into the NFL as a whole anymore.

Hell no.

I've become more frustrated with the product at times, more to do with rules and game flow.

Still as hyped as ever for the draft and I'm almost 40. Being Greek, i get to celebrate Easter twice (although one of them is a lot better than the other) so when I flipped the calendar yesterday, I peaked at April. I said to my wife, I love April knowing I'm about to have some awesome lamb and she goes; I know, I know, the draft. I was so proud in that moment for her to realize how pathetically awesome my interest in the NFL draft is that her mind went there first.

It's possible the only thing that can some how lessen my interest in football is if the Dolphins won like 30 super bowls in a row. I'd be more likely to stop watching after a sustained run of dominance than I would be a prolonged period of losing.

I do believe at some point after super bowl 23, it would get old. Maybe. Probably not actually.

Last edited:
My love of and interest in the Dolphins has never been affected by how bad or disfunctional we are, however my interest in the NFL as a whole has been massively affected by the disgusting and reprehensible behaviour by the league and owners over the last several years. I don't even watch highlights of other games any more, which I used to do religiously, and I refuse to buy any merch or pay for any kind of viewing access. I consider anything Dolphins related essential, anything above that makes me feel grubby.

Last edited:
Just wanted to see what other Dolphins fans thoughts were. It's been tough being a Dolphins fan the past 20 years, but I've stuck with them.

This past year though, I lost a lot of interest in the NFL, not because of the Dolphins, but how the league is ruining the game. I don't disagree with trying to protect the players, but the steps they have taken are completely hurting the game and the only player it seems to protect are the quarterback. If a player even grazes Brady with his pinky it draws a foul. Not like that wasn't the case before, but this past year it went to the ultimate extreme. The roughing the passer rule change was a complete joke - William Hayes got hurt trying to sack the quarterback and avoid getting a penalty.

With all the penalties called this year, one of the most blatant pass interference calls was not called. This costed the Saints a trip to the Superbowl. I'm not a Saints fan, but it's tough to see a team not make it after a blatancy obvious missed call.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you got the point. I know it's time to move on, but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to watch. The quality of the game is not what it used to be.

I have right now. If Miami truly is aiming to be 1-15 this year I’m not going to watch or pay attention to any of it. I’m already pissed off there’s mention of tanking. We’ve waited so long for Miami to be good, I can’t stomach being told to wait 2-3 more years to possibly be a good team again.

Yes! I agree and it’s not cause our team sucks. The league is too soft and watching football in the 90s was so much fun with all the big hits. Its so not as entertaining like back then. I loved the hits down the middle of the field without the flags for defenseless WR calls or helmet to helmet calls.

As I get older, I may just stop all together if this continues to get worse. Yes, the NFL could care less if I stop watching.

I just hope we can change the rules and go back to the 80s. Shouldn’t have changed

My interest was always sort of passing at best. I've always enjoyed college football more and nothing has really changed.

I haven't been as tuned into the NFL, as I once was; outside of the internet which includes Finheaven, I rarely watch the sports channels on TV. I lost interest since being, turned, off by some of the politicizing of ESPN and it's overly opinionated Anchors. The NFL draft and Finheaven keep me occupied nowadays. I'll admit the losing has gotten to me as a fan, but losing interest in the Miami Dolphins, is never an option for me. But the pundits of the NFL world has lessened my overall interest in the game.

I still enjoy football, but I think the NFL in particular is just pretty boring these days.

- Too much commercial time.
- Obvious officiating errors in pretty much every game that you watch, and the League adamantly refuses to try to mitigate this problem.
- Arbitrary changes to the rules, such as the nonsensical ten minute overtime, etc.
- The team I root for is a boring pile of crap pretty much every season, and has been for about two decades.
- Having to find bootleg streams to get the one good game that's aired every Sunday.

College football is great, and I'm actually really enjoying the AAF. I still love the sport, I just don't think the NFL puts out a compelling case for me to watch it, anymore.

Back
Top Bottom