Hayden Fox Assessment: W14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: W14

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Positives:

• The Miami Miracle. What can be said? It was unreal. Surreal. Special. Complete euphoria.

• Scored a TD on the opening drive.

• Red Zone Offense: 2-2

• 9.2 per play on offense.

• The offense rushed for 189 yards on 21 carries for a paltry 9.0 average.

• 9.3 per pass play was the offense.

• The offense got 20 first downs and at times never needed 3rd down to move the chains.

• The Dolphins finished halves that the Pats usually do. Between, stopping the Pats in deep and getting the clock to run out and the Miami Miracle, the Fins finished and the Pats did not.

• Ryan Tannehill. He was 14-19 for 265 yards, 3 TD’s for a 155.1 QBR. He connected on some long throws. He was excellent in the Red Zone.

• Kenyan Drake. He finished the play of the year in the NFL. He was weaving and grooving. He was not to be stopped. Also, had some key carries and was productive in the passing game.

• Frank Gore. 92 yards on 12 carries. He had 7.7 per carry. Also, 1 reception for 24 yards.

• Brandon Bolden came back to sting his old team. He had 60 yards on 2 carries and 2 TD’s.

• Kenny Stills was productive. 135 yards on 8 catches and 1 TD. Averaged 16.9 per reception.

• Ted Larsen’s unreal hustle to throw a block on Patrick Chung that helped spring Drake for the TD.

• Brice Butler’s TD reception.

• Durham Smythe jumping on a Gore fumble.

• Tannehill’s toughness. First with the shoulder and now the ankle. Yet, the guy kept playing trying to help his team.

• Red Zone on defense was huge. Forced the Pats into 3-6. They stop at the end of the half prevented points as time ran out on the Pats as they had no timeouts. The stop at the end of the game with just seconds left helped set up the possibility of the Miami Miracle.

• Run defense held the Patriots to 77 yards per play on 30 carries. They kept New England to 2.6 per rush.

• Robert Quinn’s sack of Tom Brady at the end of the 1st half prevented more points as the clock ran out. Quinn brought good pressure at times, but the hustle sack at the end of half was huge. He also had a TFL.

• Cam Wake pressure that he hit Brady’s arm and floated the ball in the air. It forced a New England field goal attempt.

• Bobby McCain had a sack and a TFL.

• Jason Sanders made his PAT’s.

• Matt Haack going rugby style after the two block kicks. Good changeup after the previous two disasters.

Negatives

• Even Turnover Differential. Miami has to win the TO differential.

• 1-7 on 3rd down was the offense.

• Gave up 5 sacks.

• Stills giving himself a yard short of a 1st down.

• The following play, on 3rd and 1, the Fins are sacked for a 8 yard loss.

• 3rd down defense: 9-16

• New England got 75 plays on offense.

• Poor pass defense: Brady: 27-43, 358 yards, 8.3 per attempt, 3 TD’s, no Int’s and 112.4 QBR. Rob Gronkowski: 107 on 8 catches and a TD. Josh Gordon: 96 yards on 5 balls. Julian Edelman 86 yards on 9 receptions and a TD. Patterson 51 yards on 2 receptions and a TD. Way too much given up in the way of explosive plays.

• The defense gave up an opening drive TD.

• 12 defenders on a key 4th quarter Pats’ drive. It was the first play of the Pats drive and there were 12 defenders on the field.

• Two blocked punts.

• 81 yards on 7 penalties.

• Lost time of possession 35:14-24:46

• On the TD pass to Cordarrelle Patterson, Quinn was completely mugged.

• Terrible DPI call on Minkah Fitzpatrick at the end of the game.

Overall Assessment

• What can one say. It was such an unreal game. It will go down in history as an all-time great and one of those games of “where were you” when it went down. Special, special time.

• I can say for me, I bolted out of my man room, up my stairs, through my living room, out my door, down my driveway and into the street...I live in New England.

• How awesome is it to beat the Patriots the way they did. So sweet.

• Great to see old Patriots come back and haunt them like Bolden and Danny Amendola did. We always hear about Miami’s former players blasting their former team. This time it was reversed.

• How tough is Ryan Tannehill?

• Still too many explosive plays given up by the defense. It has to get cleaned up. It is not good enough.

• The Dolphins are still in it. They have big games down the stretch. Let’s see what happens.

• FINS UP!

I can say for me, I bolted out of my man room, up my stairs, through my living room, out my door, down my driveway and into the street...I live in New England.

I would love to have seen this...LOL.

I was alone watching the game (as I usually insist on since my friends are ruthless smack talking Saints fans)....but I immediately began texting the Saints fan, who I had a bet with on the over/under for Miami at 6.5 games. I had the over!

All I can say is WOW!!! I'm glad I didn't cancel my DirecTV Sunday Ticket. I never jumped up and down and all around, as loudly and proudly, screaming; "TOUCHDOWN", "TOUCHDOWN", "TOUCHDOWN", like I did yesterday. I'm surprised I didn't give myself a heart attack!!! Boy was that a great moment.

Last edited:
Great stuff!

I was jumping up and down yelling like an idiot so much all 3 of my kids ran into the room to see what was going on. Pretty funny considering my boys usually just keep doing what they are doing no matter what is going on.

I also live in NE. A buddy of my was at a Sunday Ticket bar to watch the Bills (He's a Bills fan). He said the place was going ballistic and he was cackling like a demon (he hates NE). It was great.

I’ve been a Finheaven member for a long Time but never posted.. I also live in New England ( 7 miles from Gillette ) .. I was at the Game yesterday and Jumped so much I literally almost Passed out. What a Moment to witness Live.. That last 7 Seconds Almost made the Last 18 years more Bearable..

Positives:

• The Miami Miracle. What can be said? It was unreal. Surreal. Special. Complete euphoria.

• Scored a TD on the opening drive.

• Red Zone Offense: 2-2

• 9.2 per play on offense.

• The offense rushed for 189 yards on 21 carries for a paltry 9.0 average.

• 9.3 per pass play was the offense.

• The offense got 20 first downs and at times never needed 3rd down to move the chains.

• The Dolphins finished halves that the Pats usually do. Between, stopping the Pats in deep and getting the clock to run out and the Miami Miracle, the Fins finished and the Pats did not.

• Ryan Tannehill. He was 14-19 for 265 yards, 3 TD’s for a 155.1 QBR. He connected on some long throws. He was excellent in the Red Zone.

• Kenyan Drake. He finished the play of the year in the NFL. He was weaving and grooving. He was not to be stopped. Also, had some key carries and was productive in the passing game.

• Frank Gore. 92 yards on 12 carries. He had 7.7 per carry. Also, 1 reception for 24 yards.

• Brandon Bolden came back to sting his old team. He had 60 yards on 2 carries and 2 TD’s.

• Kenny Stills was productive. 135 yards on 8 catches and 1 TD. Averaged 16.9 per reception.

• Ted Larsen’s unreal hustle to throw a block on Patrick Chung that helped spring Drake for the TD.

• Brice Butler’s TD reception.

• Durham Smythe jumping on a Gore fumble.

• Tannehill’s toughness. First with the shoulder and now the ankle. Yet, the guy kept playing trying to help his team.

• Red Zone on defense was huge. Forced the Pats into 3-6. They stop at the end of the half prevented points as time ran out on the Pats as they had no timeouts. The stop at the end of the game with just seconds left helped set up the possibility of the Miami Miracle.

• Run defense held the Patriots to 77 yards per play on 30 carries. They kept New England to 2.6 per rush.

• Robert Quinn’s sack of Tom Brady at the end of the 1st half prevented more points as the clock ran out. Quinn brought good pressure at times, but the hustle sack at the end of half was huge. He also had a TFL.

• Cam Wake pressure that he hit Brady’s arm and floated the ball in the air. It forced a New England field goal attempt.

• Bobby McCain had a sack and a TFL.

• Jason Sanders made his PAT’s.

• Matt Haack going rugby style after the two block kicks. Good changeup after the previous two disasters.

Negatives

• Even Turnover Differential. Miami has to win the TO differential.

• 1-7 on 3rd down was the offense.

• Gave up 5 sacks.

• Stills giving himself a yard short of a 1st down.

• The following play, on 3rd and 1, the Fins are sacked for a 8 yard loss.

• 3rd down defense: 9-16

• New England got 75 plays on offense.

• Poor pass defense: Brady: 27-43, 358 yards, 8.3 per attempt, 3 TD’s, no Int’s and 112.4 QBR. Rob Gronkowski: 107 on 8 catches and a TD. Josh Gordon: 96 yards on 5 balls. Julian Edelman 86 yards on 9 receptions and a TD. Patterson 51 yards on 2 receptions and a TD. Way too much given up in the way of explosive plays.

• The defense gave up an opening drive TD.

• 12 defenders on a key 4th quarter Pats’ drive. It was the first play of the Pats drive and there were 12 defenders on the field.

• Two blocked punts.

• 81 yards on 7 penalties.

• Lost time of possession 35:14-24:46

• On the TD pass to Cordarrelle Patterson, Quinn was completely mugged.

• Terrible DPI call on Minkah Fitzpatrick at the end of the game.

Overall Assessment

• What can one say. It was such an unreal game. It will go down in history as an all-time great and one of those games of “where were you” when it went down. Special, special time.

• I can say for me, I bolted out of my man room, up my stairs, through my living room, out my door, down my driveway and into the street...I live in New England.

• How awesome is it to beat the Patriots the way they did. So sweet.

• Great to see old Patriots come back and haunt them like Bolden and Danny Amendola did. We always hear about Miami’s former players blasting their former team. This time it was reversed.

• How tough is Ryan Tannehill?

• Still too many explosive plays given up by the defense. It has to get cleaned up. It is not good enough.

• The Dolphins are still in it. They have big games down the stretch. Let’s see what happens.

• FINS UP!

Two negatives(?). Tannehill seemed FAR too focused on Stills. He needs to change that on Sunday.
Yeah, even TO differential, but there were some saying Miami couldn't win without those TOs. Can't say that now.

great write up!

But what am I missing with the PI call on Fitz? He's clearly holding his hand and keeping the wr from being able to bring it up from his waist...

great write up!

But what am I missing with the PI call on Fitz? He's clearly holding his hand and keeping the wr from being able to bring it up from his waist...

I think the objection is that that exact same scenario happens all the time and rarely gets called.

I think the worst PI call was the offensive PI on Brice Butler. Unless I am wrong on this point, the 'uncatchable ball' rule applies to both the offense and the defense. That ball was clearly a throwaway.

great write up!

I was more upset that they don't call any holds on Wake or Quinn but call that bs at that time of the game. It happens regularly, sometimes they call it sometimes they don't. Refs throwing their flags out like that can determine a game.

I think the objection is that that exact same scenario happens all the time and rarely gets called.
That's no reason to say it's a bad call. Sure players get away with it sometimes but it was the correct call yesterday, he blatantly held his arm down. If I am a ref ,I'm calling that 10 times out of 10 if I see it.

Back
Top Bottom