Hayden Fox Assessment: W14 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: W14

“I can say for me, I bolted out of my man room, up my stairs, through my living room, out my door, down my driveway and into the street...I live in New England. “
I also live in NewEngland. Surprised we didn’t hear each other screaming! I know my asshole Pats fans neighbors did!!

In retrospect, calling that Minkah penalty may have helped us. With the opportunity for the Pats to get another first down, they way they were moving the ball all day, all they needed was one more first down and the game was over. Of course there is no way of knowing the fins would have a goal line stand, but the Pats seemed to have some difficulty against us moving the ball close to goal line.

• I can say for me, I bolted out of my man room, up my stairs, through my living room, out my door, down my driveway and into the street...I live in New England.

Nice- hope you were wearing fin gear.

you HAVE to add Still’s 3rd down drop to that negative list. that catch would have probably reversed the outcome of that game (up til :07)

might also add Gates decision to punt on 4th and 3 and dare Brady to march down fueld eatimg up clock and adding points. If we fail on 4th, at least A 45 yd drive leaves us time on clock as long as we dont guve up TD.

TERRIBLE decision by Gates. Trust your team.

Agree, BUT . . . fans of most teams complain about 'uncalled holding' against their D every game. If I had a couple of months, I'd do a video study of it.
That's why hockey will always be my favourite sport . Refs can't control a game as easily compared to the NFL or NBA

Can someone with more coaching knowledge explain to me why the Patriots had three or four players in middle of the field refusing to pursue the ball until Drake already had a one on one situaation with Gronk? I'm guessing some coaches are now preaching that on those types of plays you don't want everybody pursing the ball because than it would be easier for the return team to lateral the ball and get outside leverage. It just seemed odd that when Drake made his break to the middle of the field you actually see two Patriots running away from him.

I noticed that too. He froze the defenders when he put the ball in his hand ready to pitch the ball. One defender in that situation needs to pick up Drake. It's difficult to communicate who should do it with only a split second to react. If they all go for Drake you have the problem you mentioned.

Once Drake turned and started running around both Amendola and Larsen, who turned to block a defender; and just as The Announcer, Ian Eagle, yelled, "Look Out", I realized something special was about to happen. Merry Christmas Dolfans, Merry Christmas!!! All that was missing was the snow!!!

If you think about how that play unfolded. They probably couldn't have executed it much better. Every step Stills, Parker & Drake took was perfect and had they varied it slightly in any form, it probably wouldn't have happened. Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom