Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Positives

• 6-15 on 3rd downs was the offense.
  • Ryan Tannehill’s toughness.
  • Jarvis Landry had 111 yards on 7 catches. Landry had a spectacular one-handed catch late in the 4th.
  • DeVante Parker had a very good day. He had 93 yards on 4 grabs. He had a pretty connection with Tannehill for 49 yards.
  • Props to Branden Albert for suiting up. He banged up his reconstructed knee last week and could have easily sat out today. However, he sucked it up and played a nice game.
  • The defense got a 3 and out after the Tannehill interception.
  • Reshad Jones 6 TOT, 4 Solo, 1 TFL and 1 PD
  • Olivier Vernon had two TFL’s.
  • It was 4th and goal and Miami was down multiple scores. It was the right move to kick the FG and make a one score game.

Negatives

• 12 points.
  • - 1 turnover differential.
  • Tannehill’s Red Zone pick.
  • Red Zone offense. Miami was a terrible 1-5.
  • Pass protection was awful. 6 sacks yielded to a pedestrian pass rush.
  • Terrible effort running the ball. 82 yards on 25 carries only 3.3 per rush.. Simply no production.
  • Parker not fighting for the ball on the Tannehill pick.
  • False start when all the linemen moved, but Jamil Douglas.
  • Douglas’ mind spasm on the final offensive play. He did know the snap count and it led to an easy sack.
  • Safety. Jason Fox did not adjust to a routine stunt. Tannehill had no chance.
  • Jason Fox was whipped all game.
  • The Fins defense could not take advantage of 3rd stringer Charlie Whitehurst.
  • 3rd down defense. The Colts converted 6-12 for 50%.
  • The defense gave up 4.3 yards per rush.
  • The defense gave up a TD after Miami’s offense scored a touchdown.
  • Jones missed an opportunity for a pick on the Colt’s opening drive.
  • Missed tackles. Especially on two Frank Gore runs that went for TD’s.
  • Ndamukong Suh not making any impact versus a weak interior line.
  • D-linemen being drawn offsides by hardcounts.
  • 12 men on the field penalty on the opening drive. Shows disorganization.
  • 50 yards on 9 penalties.
  • Going for two after the Fins lone TD. Much too early in the game to be chasing points.
  • Bizarre use of timeouts by Dan Campbell at the end of the half.
  • Terrible roster management to not have an actual center by trade on the roster. Douglas should know the snap count, but he has been put in a brutal position this year.
  • Gene Steratore and his crew was awful today. First, it was a terrible call on an interception by Brent Grimes. There was no holding for a flag to be thrown. Then there was a garbage OPI on Landry. He was nowhere near the threshold of contact to call a PI. Two huge plays that would have changed the outcome of the game. They also missed an obvious leg whip call on a Colts pass rusher that hurt Tannehill. Should have been a 15 yard penalty.
  • Sad to see so many open seats and apathy toward the team in South Florida.

Overall Assessment

• The Dolphins atrocious, nightmarish season will end next week with an absolute thrashing by the Patriots. The Pats need the game and will be soiled after the loss to the Jets. Also, watch for injuries next week as the Fins will be playing the most physical team they have played in weeks...which is saying something because they have been whipped by all their opponents. I thought the team bottomed out when they were killed by the Chargers last week then they lost to Charlie Whitehurst. Next week, the season ends by Miami losing by a lot of points.
  • Watch for next week’s game to get flexed out to 4:25pm. If Denver wins Monday, the Broncos will be matched in Week 17 scheduling-wise with the Patriots as home field hangs in the balance.
  • I am tired of former Hurricane players or ex-Dolphin players coming back and getting over on the current team. It is so tiresome that someone has a career day or comes up big versus Miami.
  • I appreciate people saluting the 1972 Dolphins. However, we need new and additional memories, badly. It is so sad that many of us were not even born let alone remember that team yet brag about their exploits. I am glad the history stands the test of time, but the Miami Dolphins need to start becoming known for something in this century.
  • The Dolphins never do anything special. They never get the crazy win. They never come from behind. They never create the huge turnover to change the game. They never win on the last play. Simply nothing crazy in a positive fashion happens for this team.
  • I am sick and tired of the offensive line being an issue in Miami. It is time that more resources are put into upgrading the guard position and finding a quality backup OT. From there, more young talent needs to be developed behind the starters. It is reprehensible that Tannehill is urinating blood this week in large part because of the shabby effort in making an offensive line.
  • It is time to forget the idea of getting Sean Payton to Miami for next season. This has all the makings of the dance done years ago with Jeff Fisher. There are other jobs more attractive than Miami, folks. From Indianapolis to San Diego to Tennessee to possibly the Giants are gigs that are better jobs than what Miami has to offer. It is vital that Miami does not get used this time nor get turned down. There are going to be a slew of openings and Miami must make a short list of quality candidates that would likely take the job. It is imperative that the first person they offer the job to says “yes”. In fact, I have been a big Hue Jackson backer, but I am not convinced he will be lured to one of the jobs mentioned above. It is going to be an ultra-competitive market starting next week.
  • One more long week and tail kicking before we head to an offseason of change. I am down right now, but I am excited for the next month. I truly think that with actual “big league” coaching this team would be a few wins better. From there, it will be about the moves in the offseason. By getting more physical from the inside out and fruitful draft starting with a top ten pick, Miami will show dramatic improvement next year.
  • Happy New Year’s and enjoy bowl week!

I didn't realize that the game meant anything to the Pats as per the playoff picture, interesting.

Suh practically lived in the Colts backfield today he was very disruptive.

Here are my positives and negatives, Hayden.

Negatives: The Miami Dolphins are not only bad, they are boring.

Positives: After watching a boring ass football game, I went up to the BB&T center to watch the FIRST PLACE Florida Panthers, a team with talent, heart, and good coaching. I watched the Panthers, to borrow a phrase from the great Donald J. Trump, schlong the Columbus Blue Jackets for sixty minutes.

One more week of pretending to give a damn, boys.

You can add that the running game was terrible today. Miller kept running into a brick wall and when we ran wide, the colts were 5 yards deep in our backfield.

Here are my positives and negatives, Hayden.

Negatives: The Miami Dolphins are not only bad, they are boring.

Positives: After watching a boring ass football game, I went up to the BB&T center to watch the FIRST PLACE Florida Panthers, a team with talent, heart, and good coaching. I watched the Panthers, to borrow a phrase from the great Donald J. Trump, schlong the Columbus Blue Jackets for sixty minutes.

One more week of pretending to give a damn, boys.
You could see this coming last year. Panthers front office and coaching staff are doing a nice job acquiring and developing talent. Should seriously challenge for a playoff spot. :up:

Suh was also chasing down running backs 20 yards behind him in the secondary. I think he did damn good today

Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing about the sacks this offensive line gives up. Out offensive line is not good - that is clear; however, Tannehill is unable to get rid of the ball in obvious throw away situations. When you have defenders right in front of your face you don't take sacks...much less safeties. His situational awareness is the worst I've ever seen and I'm not exaggerating. This is not a quarterback you can consistently win with. Way too many warts, which is evidenced by the fact he cannot beat the teams that know him best.

this is a guy that had been the most sacked quarterback pretty much every year he had been in the league. Again, I realize the offensive line is not particularly good but Tannehill is downright awful in the pocket. I've personally hoped it would get batter but at this point in his career he is what he is and that is a quarterback that cannot win consistently in this league.

You could see this coming last year. Panthers front office and coaching staff are doing a nice job acquiring and developing talent. May push my Red Wings for a playoff spot. :up:

I can't say enough good things about the direction the new ownership group has taken the Panthers. One thing you don't notice unless you actually go to the arena is that the actual game experience is so much better now. They've slashed the amount of loud, flashy, over the top advertising, and also canned the stupid ice dancers. I'd actually cut back on the number of games I attended, and one of the reasons was that I just couldn't stand how bad the arena experience was. They actually listened to the complaints.

Meanwhile, at Sun Life Stadium...

I have not come up with my offseason plan yet. Got to find out who the coach is going to be, but I think in the first hours of free agency they have to run to Alex Boone, Kelechi Osemele or Brandon Brooks. From there, another draft rounds 1 through 4 have to be used at guard. Perhaps that pick has some ability to play tackle in a pinch. Finally, a backup tackle has to be signed. Maybe it is just a RT and James is the LT if Albert goes down. Be that as it may, the line has to be fixed.

I think it is BS that there is talk the FO thinks the guards are okay. I still like Turner and think he can be developed. However, he needs to fight for his job next year.

I think the team needed more from him today. They needed a big sack, causing a turnover...not enough.

Suh might of slowed down in the 4th quarter but in the first half that was one of his most explosive games in a dolphin uniform. I think he was playing with an edge after being snubbed from the pro bowl.

One more game Hayden. I feel like I am forcing myself to give a **** anymore. Got nothing on this game other than Miko is a disgrace to the organization and Brent should be released because of her actions.

I can't say enough good things about the direction the new ownership group has taken the Panthers. One thing you don't notice unless you actually go to the arena is that the actual game experience is so much better now. They've slashed the amount of loud, flashy, over the top advertising, and also canned the stupid ice dancers. I'd actually cut back on the number of games I attended, and one of the reasons was that I just couldn't stand how bad the arena experience was. They actually listened to the complaints.

Meanwhile, at Sun Life Stadium...
Just don't throw rats on the ice come playoff time. Octupi only :lol:

Back
Top Bottom