Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts

Nice write up as always Hayden.
I am hopong for a Doug Marrone hire.
I think the Fins play inspired next week and keep it close for a half. The Pats are not the best team in football this year.

One more game Hayden. I feel like I am forcing myself to give a **** anymore. Got nothing on this game other than Miko is a disgrace to the organization and Brent should be released because of her actions.

We think alike. I am wondering at what point she is a distraction. I wonder if they could get a pick for him albeit late. It would open up another hole, but it would free up some more money to do other things. I hate blaming the man for what his wife is doing, but it is embarrassing.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

One more game Hayden. I feel like I am forcing myself to give a **** anymore. Got nothing on this game other than Miko is a disgrace to the organization and Brent should be released because of her actions.

They should literally wait until mid June to cut him lol. I don't know what his bonus situation is and what not.

We think alike. I am wondering at what point she is a distraction. I wonder if they could get a pick for him albeit late. It would open up another hole, but it would free up some more money to do other things. I hate blaming the man for what his wife is doing, but it is embarrassing.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

They should literally wait until mid June to cut him lol. I don't know what his bonus situation is and what not.

If he isnt stopping her then I do blame him in some respect.....

A 33 year old CB next year. Maybe I keep Wake for the money he is making and cut Grimes lose. Maybe jettison both. I don't have to make that call now.

Nice write up as always Hayden.
I am hopong for a Doug Marrone hire.
I think the Fins play inspired next week and keep it close for a half. The Pats are not the best team in football this year.

Well The Colts are not the best team in football and through the half they had dominated us as many teams have like San Diego.
If BB needs that game we wont compete. Our entire line is crap our defense is crap

Pats easily go to the Super Bowl again. Easy. Who beats them in the AFC?

If we cut Brent Grimes any cb we sign of his caliber will command much more money in the current NFL market and this applies to Wake as well.

I was at this game as well. Although not packed to capacity, it seemed about 70-75% full. I felt the fans were pretty good today. Loud when needed and sometimes when not needed. RT sometimes has no time to make good reads, we definitely have to do something about the oline. Landry's catch was not far from where I was sitting and was one of the best catches if ever seen. We need a DE bad, we miss Wake. LBs are terrible outside of Jenkins. I tip my hat to RT for his toughness. Sat behind Frank Gore's kids today, they were cool. His family is nice. They weren't overly celebratory.

If we cut Brent Grimes any cb we sign of his caliber will command much more money in the current NFL market and this applies to Wake as well.

I agree, but they will not be 33 nor have a distractions coming from their wife.

Our talent level is anemic. Our drafting has been horrific. Ross has been a miserable owner--pretending he can effectively supervise Aponte, the GM and HC as an absentee owner. Ross meddled in decision-making and influenced Parcells to leave before the job was done. Ross' demand to make the playoffs this year was delusional. The talent and chemistry sucks. Ireland drafted horribly. I do not see any elite coach taking this job. Tannehill is a game manager and is overpaid. Our best hope is to run the ball behind a revamped OL. I see an organization that is self-defeating because of an owner who wants to win now with talent that is not ready for prime time. We need a major makeover. Ross is not capable of admitting his past mistakes.

Our talent level is anemic. Our drafting has been horrific. Ross has been a miserable owner--pretending he can effectively supervise Aponte, the GM and HC as an absentee owner. Ross meddled in decision-making and influenced Parcells to leave before the job was done. Ross' demand to make the playoffs this year was delusional. The talent and chemistry sucks. Ireland drafted horribly. I do not see any elite coach taking this job. Tannehill is a game manager and is overpaid. Our best hope is to run the ball behind a revamped OL. I see an organization that is self-defeating because of an owner who wants to win now with talent that is not ready for prime time. We need a major makeover. Ross is not capable of admitting his past mistakes.

A lot of what you say is true, but Ross did not make Parcells leave early. He wanted to leave when the team was sold, as allowed by his contract. Parcells "took the money and ran". Parcells also was responsible for Jeff Ireland, if I remember correctly. He was vastly overrated.

I know bashing Dallas Thomas is old hat but getting pancaked on a bull rush by some guy named T.Y. McGill, and subsequently giving up a sack, might have been a new low. Once we release that bum I'll have some hope that the talent level on our O-line is approaching NFL caliber.

Bizarre game. That's my assessment. From a numbers standpoint it was darn near impossible. I doubt the traditional analysts will mention that type of reality.

* Somehow we managed to score 12 points despite nearly 8.7 YPA. That's in the 2% range if not lower. Surreal, given that YPA and a full allotment of 38 attempts

* We also managed to lose a game despite the combination of more rushing attempts than the opponent and also a massive YPA Differential of +2.5. Again, that percentage is so minuscule it's very difficult to find parallel examples

* Obviously the culprits were the surrendered safety and two empty trips to the red zone. This offense and this quarterback lead the league by wide margin in Praise Per Point. The other categories that dictate outcomes like Yards Per Point and Points Per Pass Attempt are not so gullible. Notice our PPPA was below .32, which is dreadful.

* I would argue that we missed Bill Lazor in this game. It reminded me somewhat of the Vikings game at this stage of the season last year in that the opponent had some talented defenders but they really didn't know our schemes very well and consequently there were wide open spaces on some of our base looks. But now we didn't have the Lazor influence plays to take full advantage of the confused defense. Prior to this game, the Dolphins were 10-2 in games in which Tannehill during his career had at least 8 YPA. Last season Miami was 4-0 in those games while scoring nearly 35 points per game and never fewer than 27. Today we not only managed to lose at 8.7 YPA but somehow it equated to 12 points on the scoreboard and only +10 net points with our offense on the field, if you consider the safety. We hadn't scored fewer than 17 when Tannehill managed 8+ YPA. I keep coming back to the same word -- bizarre. Granted, the offensive interference was a terrible call.

* Darren Rizzi is a ranting idiot. That's quite a duo we have out there, Rizzi the screamer and Campbell the lug. I enjoyed Campbell calling time out with 12 seconds remaining in the first half when the Colts faced third down. Maybe he expected a punt. So symbolic of the recent issues with this franchise, the void of special minds in key positions. That was crucial to go for 2 points in the second quarter. I was worried we might trail 8-7.

* Dick Stockton acted as if he were still on the Dolphins' preseason payroll the way he was apologizing for everyone and everything. I guess he wants to protect that role

* David Diehl did a good job criticizing the rollout passes. Fans who call for those type of plays have never looked at the overall league percentages, similar to screen passes. We essentially threw away the first down play on the final possession with that rollout call

* However, Tannehill needs to take off on scrambles when it's there. He may not be Russell Wilson in terms of protecting his legs but he's not Robert Griffin either. Great job on that long run, especially given his physical woes of late and sensing he could keep going a bit longer instead of surrendering himself

* I have to concede that I hoped Tannehill would sit out the remainder of the game once he was kicked. Not for protection purposes. For entertainment purposes. I don't believe in the Tannehill adjustments. We can rip Douglass for blowing the snap count, and otherwise envision that it would have been a beautiful Tannehill game winner. Most likely it would have been another dud, like first down, second down, third down and all the similar situations against the Jets and others. The offensive line problems and the physical beating continue to protect Tannehill from scrutiny. Look at how tough he is. Great. Meanwhile, the gaps in pro talent level are so modest, unlike college where some teams average 5 yards per rush while allowing less than half that much. You aren't entitled to perfect protection on every play, nor to pretend that other pro teams enjoy that advantage. The vast majority of plays unfold normally. You have to manage normal production on those uncluttered plays, especially when the opponent was able to allow 8.7 YPA. It would have been more interesting with Matt Moore or especially with Logan Thomas. I'd like to see someone actually dodge a rusher, or actually throw it up in the air on 4th and game instead of ducking and surrendering.

* Carolina's loss made it the greatest day of the year. Now the NFL can get rid of those Newton/Olsen commercials that popped up within the past week or so. Replace them with a smug smiling Mercury Morris. Now that's football.

I know bashing Dallas Thomas is old hat but getting pancaked on a bull rush by some guy named T.Y. McGill, and subsequently giving up a sack, might have been a new low. Once we release that bum I'll have some hope that the talent level on our O-line is approaching NFL caliber.

That play sickened me. I have no clue as to why he is still on our roster. How did the coaches think he could handle that position after all of these years? The whole offensive line should chip in and buy extra life insurance for RT.

I hope by Tuesday the Fins have interviews lined up with Hue Jackson and Mike Shula. Time to attack these interviews straight up.

Back
Top Bottom