Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: Week 16 vs Indianapolis Colts

Opposing QB's come playoffs....McCarron, Osweiller, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Weeden....want to tell who wins?

Don't care, I just don't believe the patriots are the same team as years passed. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I think the patriots are going to have a hard road to the Super Bowl this year.

Don't care, I just don't believe the patriots are the same team as years passed. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I think the patriots are going to have a hard road to the Super Bowl this year.

The AFC sucks. Plus, Brady will be fine when the slot guys come back. Trust me. I hate this team, but they are head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC.

The biggest negative is our red zone play selection is not even at high school level. The biggest positive is we didn't win a meaningless game on the last play. This game really highlighted why we've lost all season;
Penalties, OL, player evaluation and development, weak refs, poor QB play.

The biggest negative is our red zone play selection is not even at high school level. The biggest positive is we didn't win a meaningless game on the last play. This game really highlighted why we've lost all season;
Penalties, OL, player evaluation and development, weak refs, poor QB play.

Miami has NO coaching advantage.

Good assessment, as usual.

I wanted the Phins to win to shut up one of my friends who is a big Colts fan but I wasn't really expecting a whole lot out of them. It was nice to see some balance to the offense and to see that they were eating up the time of possession but they weren't finishing drives. It reminded me of Sparano applauding field goals all the time. Tannehill is probably looking forward to the end of the season to allow his body to heal from the beating he has taken all season. It is obvious the OL is terrible but I think the coaching and play calling are even worse. The Patriots have a less than average OL but they have made it a point to get rid of the ball quickly on slants and other short patterns. Expecting Tannehill to hold the ball for 3-5 seconds for the routes to develop borders on insanity. Having watched Joey Harrington get his confidence shaken with the Lions and flaming out early in his career, I can see the same thing happening to Tannehill. Hopefully the next coaching staff can come in and develop an offense that plays to his strengths and they don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole like we have seen with numerous players on the roster.

Hopefully the team acts quickly on January 4th to let the entire coaching staff go and to bring in the next staff. If there is anyone on this staff worth keeping, I would be surprised. They need to get the playbook in the players' hands quickly and have them ready to hit the ground running when mini-camp starts.

With a weaker than normal draft this year, it is more important that they hit more often than miss with the picks. They need the staff in place to do the homework on what they plan to do and then get the types of players to fit those needs and fill the many obvious holes. Free agency will also be key to returning to respectability next season. Hopefully they can pull of a good draft and free agency at the same time. If not, it will be another long season.

It's an extraordinary thing watching you write these each week. Like watching someone walk on hot coals for 16 weeks. I admire your grit man. You're almost through.

Great insightful comments as always. I've found these last few games completely unwatchable. People really do need to move on from the Sean Payton idea. It's not happening. I don't believe we're capable of hiring anyone with the cache to completely rebuild a coaching staff that has absolutely no talent. We'll fool ourselves into getting excited by the inevitable changes, but the reality is we won't know success while Ross is owner. It's a grim situation but it is what it is.

It's an extraordinary thing watching you write these each week. Like watching someone walk on hot coals for 16 weeks. I admire your grit man. You're almost through.

Great insightful comments as always. I've found these last few games completely unwatchable. People really do need to move on from the Sean Payton idea. It's not happening. I don't believe we're capable of hiring anyone with the cache to completely rebuild a coaching staff that has absolutely no talent. We'll fool ourselves into getting excited by the inevitable changes, but the reality is we won't know success while Ross is owner. It's a grim situation but it is what it is.

Looking forward to my end of the year take to share along with my offseason plan that I will do in February.

It has to be hard... well like I said- you saw the best home game of the year live- that's about the only solace I can come up with for this season.....

You could literally see the vast difference in OL and LB play between these teams live yesterday it was like night an day embarrassing really..CB play yeah that also.

I think if I am a scout for the Miami Dolphins I would be wondering if I would still have a job after next week..although its not like the coaching staff give's them a chance I can't even tell which is worse anymore.

I've been lucky enough to have a front row seat for the last decade in watching the Kansas City Royals go from worst franchise in professional sports to World Series champion. In the same ten year span, the Dolphins have spun their wheels and actually regressed. And NFL football is a sport that is supposedly set up to make it relatively easy to go from worst to first in a short amount of time. Basically, the Dolphins organization has shown an uncanny ability to always make the wrong decision in critical situations.

Defense gave up 16 points, If the offense didn't blow farts all day we win.

Hayden

First thing I want to say with good coaching this team should be 10-6 this year looking in the rear view mirror with how our schedule worked out. The Jets, Bills ended up being some of superior opponents and actually thrashed us and it that was not because of pure talent. Whie agree the offensive line has been a problem I blame more on coaching than just talent. Sure there is the Dallas Thomas issue but Albert, Pouncy and James are superior talent. After that I just do not buy with NFL free agency we can not find suitable guards and or that Turner and Douglas are that bad. Our OL development has been very subpar for quite awhile.
My next observation is Ryann T. is not the savior for this team that Hoops and many posters would like to make him out to be. He is very tough, hard working, nice guy who may have some upside but he does not have the "take this team on my back factor" at least not yet. What is your opinion? For all the flaws on the rest of the roster and coaching staff that many other posters attempt to justify for his lack of production he should still produce more in the red zone. We ran a WCO which is suppose to create a lot of scoring and the NFL is currently a much more quarterback friendly league than when Dan Marnio was playing and we are getting very "few" points out of RT regardless of the offensive he is in.
Good news with this similiar roster next year a good MLB along with solidfying the guard position and good coaching staff and we can certainly win a bunch of these games we lost this year.

Watch if Denver wins, that they don't flex our game out to 4pm to match with Denver.

Please prolong the season...lol

Plus, this Denver win means we cannot get interview Jackson for a bit, no?

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Or we will wait on all that. lol....what a terrible kick.

So I guess the Pats game STAYS at 1pm. My bad folks. Nice advantage for Denver to see what happens prior to their game. They even get the Cincy result.

Back
Top Bottom