Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 3

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Positives
* Cashed in with a TD off of the early turnover. Nice game plan early to score the TD
* Ran the ball great again. All three backs had success. Lane had some short yardage success. The line is doing the deed upfront for the 3rd straight week.
* Pass Protection. We heard all week about the Jets and their blitz. The protection was solid from the line and backs. Yielded no sacks. RT deserves praise for understanding what was happening in front him.
* Tannehill in the 2 minute drill. It was good to see the QB moved the Fins into scoring range to close the game.
* I can state how impressed I am with Tannehill's poise and understanding of the offense. I rarely seem him flustered. He will make mistakes (see the pick 6) this year, but considering the lack of weapons and tough D's he has seen out of the gates, I think he has been excellent.
* I also like how the Fins attacked in the 2 minute situation at the end of regulation. They went for the win and it is good to see.
* Lamar Miller is legit and needs more touches. I know the pass pro is not there, but he needs to be brought up to speed because he is showing some energy.
* Red Zone D. In the end, the Fins gave up only one TD and stood strong with stops and a turnover down deep.
* So much for the Tony and Tebow Wildcat. The team was prepared for the special package.
* The Fins' conditioning is much better this year. Credit to the staff and players for staying in shape.

Negatives
* The two turnovers out of the half. A pick 6 and the Thomas fumble (the Jets did not score). Bottom line, the Fins do not have nearly enough firepower to contend with turnovers. NO margin of error.
* Not taking a knee at the half. I can say I am NOT second guessing as I was on the game day thread imploring a knee to be taken. Hopefully, Bush is okay, but him getting injured is inexcusable and on Philbin. Let alone a possible turnover, it is obvious the team was not attacking for a score. Take a knee and get the opening kick.
* Jeff Ireland not bringing in more weapons in FA and the draft befuddles me. Hartline, Fasano and Bess are solid, but I cannot get over if the team would have at least one or two more playmakers to help the rookie HC and QB.
* The play calling leading into Carp's first miss was quizzical to me.
* The long catch and run by the Jets after the Fins scored on Lane's TD was a killer. They handed the momentum right back to them.
* The DB's are just not good enough. While they did have 2 picks, it was not good enough in the end with the way Sanchez plays QB and the lack of weapons for the Jets. Many of us knew that coming out of training camp the talent was lacking. Rarely do they turn for the ball while the ball is flight and their ball skills are non-existant. The scary part is we have not see elite QB's yet (maybe outside of Schaub?).
* No adjustments to take away Holmes
* The pass rush cannot hit home. They are close at times, but they are either taking poor angles or cannot lug the QB down. Other times, there is just nothing and the poor pass defense cannot hold up. This has to get better.
* Capenter's misses
* Lost the field position battle. Similar to the turnovers the Fins need to win this. The Dolphins were backed up all day. Thigpen made some terrible decisions taking the ball out of the end zone in which three flags were thrown. Also, he fielded a punt within the ten killing an opening drive. Specials really struggled today.
* Special teams coverage unit NOT ready for the Tebow sneak. IF that could be a stop, I think the Fins could have ran the Jets out of Sun Life.

Overall Assessment
* The Fins NEED to win the turnover battle by plus 2 or more to have a chance to win.
* This team has such little depth. Any run of injuries will kill them.
* Dan Carpenter had a tough day. However, he is a good kicker that we need to rally around. He will be fine.
* The replacement refs screwed us early, but came up big late with some PI calls and the Fasano catch
* Make no mistake: These were two not very good teams. The difference is the Fins needle is pointing up and the older Jets' needle is pointing down.
* Revis has an ACL. I said it seconds after he went down. Huge loss for the Jets. Have fun with an angry 49ers team and the Texans
* Tony Sparano is not a very good football coach. He needs to thank Parcells everyday for elevating him within the NFL. He should have been canned at the end of the 2010 season. How the hell do the Jets think he will develop Sanchez?
* Arizona is going to be a very, very tough game next week.
* The season is a process. Cannot forget it. This was the first game that I thought Philbin and his staff were on their heels. The staff made some odd decisions at times. With that said, Philbin deserves time to develop as a coach and evolve with his team.

I just hope for one injury. to naanee. just one that is not painful, but enough to keep him out.

Thats what it will take.

One more thing. People should wait a few hours before busting off a thread. I took me awhile to simmer down. You think clearly that way.

Our defense is going to win us games this year. SMH Carpenter.

Good level headed assessment. I hate losing to the Jets but I think we will be competive every week. We are a physical team that seems well prepared for our oppenents.

ha ha you said an acl the second after he went down...get the **** out of here...:rotfl1:thank you dr andrews...

ha ha you said an acl the second after he went down...get the **** out of here...:rotfl1:thank you dr andrews...

3 things...non contact injury, rolling in pain, buckled knee and holding the front of the knee.

When someone falls down with no contact like that, it's normally an ACL injury!

ha ha...that's true...name me a time a guys torn a lateral ligament...mcl pcl acl the ones guys rip in sports pretty much all the time

ha ha...that's true...name me a time a guys torn a lateral ligament...mcl pcl acl the ones guys rip in sports pretty much all the time

Hoops...you win. I literally drained from the Fins loss today. I cannot argue knee ligaments with you. FML.

umm the way he went down...yeh that's the first thing I thought too. It actually is common to see ACL tears like that. I'm not sayin it happens every time but again that's the first thing I thought as well.

Good Overall Assesment Fox! Never-mind Hoops, sometimes I don't know whats up with that cat.

One more thing. People should wait a few hours before busting off a thread. I took me awhile to simmer down. You think clearly that way.

Great thread Hayden. I'm excited to watch Sanchez VS. really good secondaries (and I hope that we'll have one of those one day, too)

Back
Top Bottom