Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week 3

Great thread u are right on par with what I thought I saw. Even tho Tannehill played as a rookie verus a very good secondary for the most part. He made the big plays mostly when it matter. A few big 3rd down passes and a big throw that prolly should of won the game (carpenter SMH). Two drives 4 qtr and OT. He could of just gave up but kept his head up and WR didn't help and his accuracy at times hurt too BUT I was pleased to see him late come back to life. Hope this continues because people here need to realize we aren't superbowl contenders and I wanna see promise and Dline, Oline, Tannehill, Miller showing me lots of it and that hopefully is a future of greatness. Especially Bush who is tremendous (and people hating on him should leaves Finheaven forever)

We are sick as fans waiting but with a great draft and vet signings this team can improve greatly fast. Weapons and depth and tannehill progress can change our team for the good

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Now maybe Ireland might not be here this offseason or hit finally hits big in offseason with some moves. We can dream right :)

Great thread u are right on par with what I thought I saw. Even tho Tannehill played as a rookie verus a very good secondary for the most part. He made the big plays mostly when it matter. A few big 3rd down passes and a big throw that prolly should of won the game (carpenter SMH). Two drives 4 qtr and OT. He could of just gave up but kept his head up and WR didn't help and his accuracy at times hurt too BUT I was pleased to see him late come back to life. Hope this continues because people here need to realize we aren't superbowl contenders and I wanna see promise and Dline, Oline, Tannehill, Miller showing me lots of it and that hopefully is a future of greatness. Especially Bush who is tremendous (and people hating on him should leaves Finheaven forever)

We are sick as fans waiting but with a great draft and vet signings this team can improve greatly fast. Weapons and depth and tannehill progress can change our team for the good

Good point about RT making money throws on 3rd down.

Nice write up Hayden. Good level-headed assessment. Seeing as how I'm still seething about this one, I needed to read something like that lol.

Nice write up Hayden. Good level-headed assessment. Seeing as how I'm still seething about this one, I needed to read something like that lol.

Me too, brother. Me too. Plus, I think the next few weeks are tough games on the road.

We got to remember this year is a process with one of the most important off seasons to date ahead of us.

The secondary and location of the football stands out to me. This week and last watching it live had to just shake my head at some plays. If the other teams had better QB play it could have gotten ugly. If we had a choose to fix only one thing it would be the secondary for me.

no doubt i'm frustrated...that's one we should have had...that said i don't know how anyone can say defiantly that's acl from the jump on revis...anyways not worth arguing over...

no doubt i'm frustrated...that's one we should have had...that said i don't know how anyone can say defiantly that's acl from the jump on revis...anyways not worth arguing over...

lol. I thought you thought it was obvious that it was an ACL and my assessment was a "no brainer" hence making fun of me.

I guess I have seen players and teammates grab for that front of the knee too many times. I bet it is an ACL. I do not wish injury on anyone. That is a brutal injury and the Jets are going to be fun to watch in the short term.

We need another DE with true closing burst. Odrick is a heck of a player and had an excellent game but he is a classic 3-4 end. That's what you get for drafting for one scheme and then switching schemes. We need a dominating end with some length that can close a la JPP or the like. That would help the secondary tremendously.

odricks an ideal 43 dt...where his quickness off the ball and hand usage and strength in his hands can show against guys with less lateral agility...he's a shoot the gap player

Interesting on Odrick. He seems a bit high for a 4-3 tackle but I agree that's his best spot in this defense. Starks is a total stud in that role too.

On another topic, you know I am coming around on Koa Misi. He's pretty solid as a 4-3 OLB. I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised. Overall, I think the LB have been pretty darn good. Better pray no one gets hurt. Hate the depth there.

i went into the year thinking it was going to be a long season developing young players and a QB, after three games this team is better then they have ever been in the early part of the year since jimmy johnson. the effort is great, the QB got them where they needed and they threw the ball in the endzone to win which i like, even though it cost them field postion for the FG, they are prepared very well and just need some more players

there's 3 ligaments in the knee there skippy...you're too much
yeah and you're a effing genius, he was stating a pretty easy assessment. Non contact is 90% of the time ACL, I've torn my mcl and it usually takes a vicious side ways bend of the knee. Why give a hard time to a great finheaven contributor?

Positives

* Tannehill in the 2 minute drill. It was good to see the QB moved the Fins into scoring range to close the game.
OMG...this board has gone ****ing CRAZY! Tannehill was terrible in the 2 minute drill. He completed a pass for 0 yards, a pass for 12 yards to get to Miami's 44 and then went 0 for 6 on passes after that. It took a great run for 9 yards by Thomas and the refs to call a PI for 19 yards to get Miami in FG range. Then Tannehill had Hartline open in the end zone, but at this point is too much of a ***** to go for it.

I think of all the times Henne had a game much better than Tannehill played today and got ripped by 99% of the board. I am all for Tannehill succeeding, but Tannehill pretty much sucked today. I get that Tannehill is a rookie and hopefully will get much, much better. But reality is a half decent performance from the QB today and Miami would have easily won this game. I swear, T-hill fans must be drunk by the end of the game or just so desperate to have a legit QB they just can't help but ignore the obvious...seriously, WTF?

Back
Top Bottom