Hayden Fox's Draft Assessment | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Draft Assessment

I really don't like the linebackers on this team at all....The coaching staff has indicated that Jordan is a DE and that concerns me as to whether the coaching here is good enough to use a player like Jordan creatively. I also think the team could struggle against physical teams as Miami has become much more finese overall under Philibin.

This is a great point. Personally I find Coyle to be highly overrated as a coordinator. I would argue that he managed his secondary position coaches effectively and that the secondary maximized its potential both in terms of personnel and scheme. Maybe Jones would be the exception as he struggled. Secondary being a strength may not be a surprise because that's Coyle's background and strength IMO.

But I would continue to argue that the defense as a whole did not maximize its potential and the trend lines since Coyle arrived are alarming. The negative trend on the run defense is inexplicable and inexcusable. You had Starks and Soliai who are two of the top run stuffers in the league together. The linebackers were handpicked. Previous linebackers played better before and after getting here. The new linebackers were better before.

And yes the use of Jordan has been confounding. You know that Arnsparger and Shula would have loved him. He would be moved around the formation. The offenses would be forced to game plan for him. On every play he would be accounted for. Is he at left end, right end, olb, ilb, literally.

This season will be a referendum in lots of ways but the use of Jordan is a big one. Coaches can only blame players to a point. It's time to get plays out of him. This is a talented, disruptive kid who can be a playmaker and he needs to be unleashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
would much rather have that than a lineman who should have been selected late second round at best.
We basically chose Dallas Thomas but in th first round

Funny though it was ok was us to take a beat up overrated DE the previous year and who cares if he produced.
I guarantee that Mosely will have a better first year than Dion Jordan or JAwan James

So if he has a better first year then he is the better pick forever. Well I will double down and say Jordan alone will have a better career than Mosely (barring injury for either one). Now I will have to admit I will have to see what James does in the NFL before I go out on that limb for him.

I think you are wrong about Egnew. I think Sherman didn't know how to use him and kept trying to fill him into a role that he wasn't built for I stated the same thing last year. Split him out like Graham or Julius Thomas and watch him turn into a great mismatch in our favor. I think/hope Lazor uses him correctly.

Back
Top Bottom