Hayden Fox's Week Eight Assessment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Week Eight Assessment

The offense was 1-4 in the Red Zone. (Your stat from above)

If on the 3 failed attempts we scored 1 td and kicked 2 field goals..(not a huge ask)... It's 40 points. I don't know why this bothers some of you so much but it's a terrible stat that I would like to see broken... Hoping for 40 against a 1-6 turnover machine of a team is not fantasy land. You get 14 from the defense, is 26 from the offense to much to ask? I didn't get into the debate of whether it was possible against the jags, but I did start the thread and asked can we do it this week? And all hell broke loose over who was right or wrong, **** man I hope for a blowout every week, nothing would make me happier than not sweating another one out. I believe we are all here as fans of the same team, can't understand the griping about whether we win by 1 or by 40, I'd prefer 40 and I think most fans do as well. I also wanna see our playoff win drought come to an end, should we all have a pissing contest on whether it happens this year or not? There were three teams today to score over 40 and 2 of them went for 51, it's been 11 years since we have touched 40... Lets blow some mother ****ers out and get the momentum going, stop expecting and accepting mediocracy, we have talent, and if we just put a whole game together and stop leaving soooooo many points out there, we have had a few chanes already this year today included.

But if.......you have this all powerful all knowing knowledge of how many points teams will score can you pm me on Saturdays so I can just bet over/unders and retire? :callme:

Nice write up Hayden. Haven't seen the game yet so I'll obviously hold my comments. Gives me a lot of things to look for.

Excellent read, Hayden.

Your comment on Bill Lazor's play designs in the 1st half against their aggressive defensive front was an excellent point. This isn't the first time. The same thing happened against Buffalo. IMO it's something Lazor needs to try to come up with better answers. He's gaining experience as a playcaller.

Good job hayden.

I reshad jones made some nice tackles, one on the wr screen he jacked up the blocker and came off to make tackle was impressive.
Vernon was more than active imo
Sturgis kicked touchbacks
Danielle Thomas looked almost like an NFL rb again
Lamar actually ran away from the safety on his long run instead of right at him
Can we please replace hartline with matthews both on kffense and the hands team. I would prefer a bigger body to recover an insides kick.
Gotta protect the qb better
Qb has to be better. Love his runnjbg ability on the keepers, beautiful ball to wallace. Cant miss outside on the deep post aGAIN!
Wallace could have had better effort on the over throw on double move

Great write up. It was a weird game and the long write up helped provide some clarity upon reflection.

Thanks for taking the time to do these.

They mentioned that defensive tackle that was giving us fits in the same sentence as McKoy and JJ Watt so I think we need to be a bit more patient before changing everything up based off one game.

Hayden, here's the big problem, I think you might agree with this: Joe Philbin is not being honest in his personnel evaluations.

Why isn't McCain getting more playing time? Why is Hartline still out there over Rishard Matthews? Why do we keep sending Colledge out there and insist on keeping Pouncey at RG where he is struggling?

Our season right now hinges on Joe's ability to BE HONEST WITH HIMSELF AND HIS PLAYERS about who is playing well and who is not. Joe Philbin needs to get up the gumption to tell 'his guys' that he simply can't send them out there to be liabilities any longer.

Joe's got another chance to surprise me. He can take another step toward winning me back, but if I see that same OL starting next week and Hartline out there dropping footballs, I don't know what to tell you.

Nice write up.
Delmas and Grimes saved the day. Without their big plays the game would have unfolded differently.
Brian Hartline was a drive stopper today. He was as bad as College.
College might have some concussion related issues (headaches).
I agree that Dallas Thomas matched up better with Jax D front. Those DL of Jax are pretty good.
The coaching staff had better come up with better game plans when we play the Bills again, or teams that are strong up front. So far, we stick to our same sthick, and possessions are wasted.

great write up Hayden, one thing though...

* Sturgis was 2-2 on FGs, which makes it hard to complain, but he banked in a chip shot 29 yarder that hit the upright. I am incredibly nervous that he is our kicker going forward through a tough stretch of games coming up. maybe Hickey should have reached out to kickalicious while we were in Europe a couple weeks ago.

great write up Hayden, one thing though...

* Sturgis was 2-2 on FGs, which makes it hard to complain, but he banked in a chip shot 29 yarder that hit the upright. I am incredibly nervous that he is our kicker going forward through a tough stretch of games coming up. maybe Hickey should have reached out to kickalicious while we were in Europe a couple weeks ago.

I cannot stand Sturgis.

They mentioned that defensive tackle that was giving us fits in the same sentence as McKoy and JJ Watt so I think we need to be a bit more patient before changing everything up based off one game.

So good you do not even remember his name…lol. Just kidding. Sen'Derrick Marks is the name you are looking for. Yes, he is a good player and maybe Colledge was ill. However, Colledge killed his team and has a big spot next week before I look at younger and more upside than the vet.

Ultimately what Joe has to decide is why Colledge was so bad and hard for us to do here. However, I will say it is not like Colledge has been Larry Allen to this point.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Hayden, here's the big problem, I think you might agree with this: Joe Philbin is not being honest in his personnel evaluations.

Why isn't McCain getting more playing time? Why is Hartline still out there over Rishard Matthews? Why do we keep sending Colledge out there and insist on keeping Pouncey at RG where he is struggling?

Our season right now hinges on Joe's ability to BE HONEST WITH HIMSELF AND HIS PLAYERS about who is playing well and who is not. Joe Philbin needs to get up the gumption to tell 'his guys' that he simply can't send them out there to be liabilities any longer.

Joe's got another chance to surprise me. He can take another step toward winning me back, but if I see that same OL starting next week and Hartline out there dropping footballs, I don't know what to tell you.

I like to give them the benefit of the doubt because they see them in practice and pour over film hour after hour. However, there is something to what you are saying.

Good stuff Hayden :up:

The long ball to Wallace sure got the offense turned around. Just a reminder of how good we could be if we can hit that throw every now and then just to keep the defense honest. Great catch by Mike.

Nice write up.
Delmas and Grimes saved the day. Without their big plays the game would have unfolded differently.
Brian Hartline was a drive stopper today. He was as bad as College.
College might have some concussion related issues (headaches).
I agree that Dallas Thomas matched up better with Jax D front. Those DL of Jax are pretty good.
The coaching staff had better come up with better game plans when we play the Bills again, or teams that are strong up front. So far, we stick to our same sthick, and possessions are wasted.

Jags got Grimed up the Delmas! Without those two its too close to call,

Back
Top Bottom