Hayden Fox's Week Eight Assessment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Week Eight Assessment

I need to say this, I have been saying this for awhile, Dallas Thomas should play LG, not RG not RT. It's were he is suited and guess what, we play him there and he played pretty damn well.

I wish against aggressive fronts we'd roll the pocket more like we did in the first half of Chicago game, also I like us to do a naked bootleg run with Tannehill, especially near the goal line.

To add to the OP I think it should be noted that OV had an awesome sack that was nullified by a penalty. That was a sweet spin move. You can add that to his credit. He has really become an all around DE. He is working hard to improve his game. I think Wake has had a great influence on him.

He played a hell of a game also blocking a kick. A shame he lost that sack due to penalty.

Thanks Hayden.

I missed the game but thanks to your write up I feel like I have a grasp of what took place Sunday afternoon.

I think it just shows how good our team is when we can put 27 points on the board with our offense only scoring one touchdown.

Or was it similar to the same scenario in London? When we looked liked Super Bowl contenders due to our inferior competition (although D. Carr won me over that game as a true competitor).

100%

Nice write up Hayden. The first half was a bit brutal to watch, I think you're right that Lazor just wasn't fooling the Jags D very well in the 1st Q, and we looked impotent. It makes me wonder that if we were facing a playoff-caliber team today, we might be very behind in the first half.
I guess we'll see in the games coming up.

Good write up. I know you touched on it, but I would like to add some emphasis on how excited we should be about Oliver Vernon.

As a 24 year old third year player, he is really coming into his own as a well rounded, solid defensive end. Obviously, playing on the other side of a guy like Cam Wake doesn't hurt, but as you mentioned Hayden, the guy has been great against the run, and IMO he shows some nice explosiveness as a pass rusher... Long story short, as long as Wake is what he is and if if Jordan can provide us ANYTHING as a situational pass rusher, I don't think we have to worry about DE for a couple of years.

To sum up...we need a left guard not named Colledge or Dallas Thomas..... Hartline needs to sit....I would start Matthews over him, and Damian Williams we cut twice.

I need to say this, I have been saying this for awhile, Dallas Thomas should play LG, not RG not RT. It's were he is suited and guess what, we play him there and he played pretty damn well.

I wish against aggressive fronts we'd roll the pocket more like we did in the first half of Chicago game, also I like us to do a naked bootleg run with Tannehill, especially near the goal line.

What are you infering here ? you want Tannehill to go to jail ?he just cant run around naked on the field :lol:

I'm so glad Gus Bradley isn't our head coach. Guy is a buffoon.

great write up. I liked the part about the broadcast crew and assessment of the D. I agree with you about everything except Taylor and Wilson. Taylor needs more play time. He proved himself with a big 3rd down pass defense. The guy covers like glue so I'm not seeing where he's the target any more than Grimes or Finneghan. Yes me missed a tackle but I think he is a play maker and Wilson and Will Davis are the weakest links on the secondary. Also, I'd like to give props to Fields who had over 50 yd punting avg and had a huge punt negated for a penalty. Also the offense in the 1-4 in the Red zone is a broad statement and points to a long standing problem. Tannehill could have made a couple of better decisions in the red zone because 13 pts of offensive production isn't going to be enough against SD. Mad props to T'hill on the big runs and not fumbling. If he continues to limit the fumbles that plagued him last year I think we'll get 9 wins.

To add: I really liked Michael Thomas's play all day. Came up with the ball after the onside kick, was ready to receive the blocked punt and shed a good tackle in the effort of getting yards there. He was a contributor today in our effort to overcome our shortcomings.

the long td seemed to be a mix up in coverage but jamar taylor wasnt beaten on the play. i thought he did good today so i dont get your analysis. finnegan was beat a few times too and was out of position on a few other plays. i think taylor should get more time...

This...

Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP · 23m 23 minutes ago
Per PFF: #Dolphins CB Jamar Taylor was responsible for 6 catches on 9 targets for 84 yards, including the long TD to Allen Robinson.

The nickel job and depth at CB is very dicey.

I just watched the game on Game Rewind and the play, though not what we saw the last several games, was not nearly as bad as some portrait it to be. Hard to believe FH would skew what reality is. I swear some of you guys need to stop the consumption of ****tails if you are going to try and evaluate what you are seeing. At least purchase Game Rewind so you can go back and look at the game sober.

Back
Top Bottom