He was NOT a 3rd stringer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He was NOT a 3rd stringer

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
Even though several NFL people think he is ready to become a solid starter, even though several Eagles fans are actually DEFENDING him to his new "fans" saying things like "Many feel he was better for our offense than McNabb" and "He will make you eat your words," and even though his talent is clearly superior to Fiedler, and his decision making appears to be likewise, people don't like him because a) they have never seen him play (I have) and b) he's not a big-time name. Quick. Who the hell predicted that Jake Delhomme would have me saying that's the type of quaterback we need, or that Matt Hassleback would become an all-pro. But whatever. Everyone has to have their opinion, as blind as it could possibly be. But do me one favor. Especially that peanut butter and crack guy; STOP SAYING HE IS A THIRD STRINGER. I live in New York, i never watch the NFC especially the Eagles, and even I KNEW he wasn't their 3rd stringer. Maybe on the depth chart because Detmer had to be out there as the holder and if he was the 3rd QB he wouldn't be able to be out there. So why not have him at number 2? He's capable enough to fill in for a couple quarters if McNabb should go down, but as every Eagle fan knows, Feely would have been the guy had McNabb been out a few weeks.

This guy is a player, and he seems like a pretty cool guy too. Goofy? Go get a wife like the one he was. 6-3 225 pounds, ran the Philly passing attack better than McNabb does, won four huge games down the stretch for them, and would have been five if Akers hadn't missed a chipshot to win. Good (not great) arm strength, very acurate, quick release and a smart player. One NFL coach also says he throws an excellent deep ball. I will reserve my full judgements until I see him in a Dolphins uniform but with Gibbs keeping Ramsey, and Brunell getting ridiculious money, this guy was our best bet, and he's a young talent that FOOTBALL people know can BALL. Ladies and gentleman, get used to it. AJ Feely is our new starting quaterback, and with probably two first round picks, two 3rd rounders and some money in Free Agency, I am pretty damn excited. Make your own call, but DONT SAY he was a 3rd stringer. Thank you.

:clap: :yes: :beerbang: :hi5: :up: :drinkers:

good post my brother...i agree all the way!

Originally posted by Muck
Keep it comin', brother. :up:

wait...if he's my brother, and he's your brother...does that mean you're MY brother?!!!!:eek:

:lol:

ah the joys of a little laughter in a room of argument and hatred

Dude, I didn't even notice that. I guess we really are brothers. :) Now I have two more on the boards to go along with my real one who posts here. :)

That's all fine and good...

*looks at thread title*

*looks at depth chart*

Your thread title is still a lie

go look at the nfl.com depth charts...tell me how many are acurate.

Raiders for example...Napolean Harris is listed as starting MLB, while he was moved to the stong side on the 4th game of the season. Travian Smith, his replacement, isn't even on the depth chart! Thats just one of the many errors ive found during the past 2 weeks of roster studying

Basically im saying that they arent the most accurate reference, you find this out when you become GM for a month :D

glad to see we've found the long lost brother...or was i lost from your family? my whole life is a lie!!

i love you guys trying to convince yourselves that this was a good move!:lol:

Lets see.

He's listed on the team Roster as the 3rd Qb, and He's the 3rd Qb to go into the games due to injury. Quacks like a Duck. Oh I live an Hour from Philly and have to sit and more Eagle games than I care to and Yes he is a 3rd string Qb.

Originally posted by zevo
i love you guys trying to convince yourselves that this was a good move!:lol:

Not trying. When it was speculated in the past I didn't mind the move.

At least he is not a statue.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Originally posted by ZOD

Not trying. When it was speculated in the past I didn't mind the move.

At least he is not a statue.

According to scouting reports, AJ Feeley is not mobile.

This was a stupid move. We gave up too much for him and we are giving him too much money.

Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey
He's listed on the team Roster as the 3rd Qb, and He's the 3rd Qb to go into the games due to injury. Quacks like a Duck. Oh I live an Hour from Philly and have to sit and more Eagle games than I care to and Yes he is a 3rd string Qb.

If McNabb got injured and had to miss a game, AJ Feeley would be the Eagles starting QB, not Koy Detmer. The reason Koy Detmer is ahead of Feely is because he is the holder on place kicks. If Feeley is #2 and Detmer is #3, Detmer can't hold on kicks because the #3 QB is an inactive player until the first two QBs get injured or it is the 4th quarter.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

According to scouting reports, AJ Feeley is not mobile.

This was a stupid move. We gave up too much for him and we are giving him too much money.

OH MY GOD!! WE GOT A QB THAT DOESN'T RUN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH HIS HEAD CUT OFF!!!!! WE ARE IGNORING THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF BEING A QB!!!

Let's just forget the fact that the guy throws a great deep ball, is as accurate as hell, plays well in pressure situations, and is very adept at reading the defense and making quick decisions. He isn't mobile, so we should just dump on him immediately.

Maybe we could get Michael Bishop. He's mobile. He can't throw the ball into the ocean, but he's mobile. Better yet. Let's play Leonard Henry at QB. He's mobile.

Re: Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

If McNabb got injured and had to miss a game, AJ Feeley would be the Eagles starting QB, not Koy Detmer. The reason Koy Detmer is ahead of Feely is because he is the holder on place kicks. If Feeley is #2 and Detmer is #3, Detmer can't hold on kicks because the #3 QB is an inactive player until the first two QBs get injured or it is the 4th quarter.

Then you must NEVER have seen a game when Mcnabb got Hurt BECAUSE IT WAS ALLWAYS DETMER who came in for him PERIOD.

:rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom