He was NOT a 3rd stringer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He was NOT a 3rd stringer

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp
Does anyone have clips from the 5 games Feely played in 2002?

Or know where I can find some, I'm dying to see this kid throw the ball.

Check the "Philly fans, what do you think" thread I created. Follow the links to the Eagles boards. You'll have to register first to view their board. Once there, look at the top for the "Feeley trade" thread that has been stuck.

Once inside, there's a guy offering game film of him for anyone interested.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by fin13
LAfin remember Jay losing to the Vikings two years ago it cost us the postseason.
This guy won when we never have he got the Eagles into the postseason and did it without any experience.
I'm not just being positive this is a good thing.
Something else it sure looks like we have a GM Jay is gone.
Rick to Jay "Jay, YOU ARE FIRED"

I don't get why people keep saying he won, hey cut the offense down to the bare bones and only let him make high percentage plays, plays that he couldn't screw up. The D and running game won the games for them, along with the luck of playing losing teams.

Do you remember when Damon Huard came in a few years ago in place of Dan, he won because he wasn't asked to win the games for the Fins, just not lose them.

Agreed, its the same Jay was asked to do and he couldn't.
I like this move and feel that AJ will do well with the attention of a QB coach and the players around him, this draft can bring additional talent for the offence such as a good second receiver with his low cap we can get experience OL help and maybe take a flier on a late round QB to develop, Sage should be ready as a #2.

I don't have such a problem with giving up a second rounder in '05 to get Feeley. The guy DOES have talent - and I watched him play in the 5 games he started for Detmer - he's accurate, and while he doesn't have the strongest arm, he throws a pretty deep ball. (Side note: He WAS the third stringer. You can slice it any way you want, but he was the guy who became quarterback when the second stringer went down. He was actually CUT by the Eagles during their 2002 training camp, then re-signed)

What baffles me is...why are we giving this guy a five year contract based on that limited exposure?

It is a HUGE peeve of mine for people to be pissing on Feeley just because he doesn't have enough experience.

Cry me a river. Both Super Bowl teams this year had QBs that were at one point dug up from the ground themselves. Brady was a temporary replacement for Bledsoe when he was hurt a couple years ago. Delhomme, this year, was just a replacement for Rodney Peete. Both QBs managed to take their teams to the Super Bowl.

I think this is a great move. Feeley won games as a QB with Philly, is young, and has much more potential for greatness this year than Fiedler could possibly have at all right now. I'm glad the team is making efforts to mix the offense around and find winning formula instead of laying our backs on Fiedler for another year. In fact, I'd much rather trade/release Fiedler and make Griese our backup, since Griese was only given 4 games to succeed rather than 4 YEARS.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

That's becuase if mcnabb got hurt within the first 3 quarters, and it was not a serious injury, if they bring in feely, mcnabb can NOT return to the game, that is why detmer would come in......

So I guess why Sage is our # 3 because he was beeter than Brian. Take off the Rose Colored glasses. I hope I'm %100 wrong, and I'll eat my words everyone.

Feely was the guy who took the third most snaps in practice.

THAT. my friends is how you judge where a QB is on the depth chart truly in the coaches eyes.

They liked him so mush they almost kept an undrafted FA QB over him in 2002 and only kept him in the end because he had one year in their system.

HORRIBLE MOVE.

Not only that...but if your justificiation for him "not" being the #3 QB involves the Eagles seeing SO LITTLE DIFFERENCE between playing Detmer and Feely if McNabb gets hurt...

I mean...for your logic to work...the Eagles would have to prefer letting KOY DETMER play for 3 quarters rather than have someone else hold the ball.

Yeah...budding SUPERSTAR coming your way!

Judging by the way PhinsmissedFG and Spike judge A.J. Feeley, I'm glad they don't work any front offices in the NFL. :rolleyes:

OK Maruska, you are the all knowing and my opinion holds less weight because you disagree. What is that you see that makes him a future star? I'll give him a chance like I do all Phins, but there were MANY better players out there if they'd ponied up.

Stunning the blind loyalty on this board. We don't have to like a move to be a fan.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
OK Maruska, you are the all knowing and my opinion holds less weight because you disagree. What is that you see that makes him a future star? I'll give him a chance like I do all Phins, but there were MANY better players out there if they'd ponied up.

Stunning the blind loyalty on this board. We don't have to like a move to be a fan.

LOL, All I said was that I was glad you weren't an NFL executive. How are opinions and disagreements coherent with that? Anyways...

Fact is, you can't judge a QB's potential by their spot on the depth chart, even at 3rd. If that were the case, then Marc Bulger should never have started this year with the Rams. He was dug up out of the 3rd-string and played good enough to take over the starting job.

I honestly can't say what I think will make Feeley a star. I did see him a couple years ago play some good football down the stretch when McNabb was injured. That was a lot of pressure he had to put up with, and to pull through like that was a great plus for Philly that year.

But let's remember that Rick Spielman is in charge of things now and is a great talent evaluator. He must've seen something in Feeley to pick him over Rivers/Henson/Ramsey. And I would certainly trust his word.

Originally posted by MaraxusKA

Cry me a river. Both Super Bowl teams this year had QBs that were at one point dug up from the ground themselves. Brady was a temporary replacement for Bledsoe when he was hurt a couple years ago. Delhomme, this year, was just a replacement for Rodney Peete. Both QBs managed to take their teams to the Super Bowl.

Delhomme was brought in to be the starter last year for the Panthers. Rodney was not the number 1 man at any piont really. Rodney was pulled after halftime of the first game. You dont pull your #1 man after 1 half of football in the first game.

I could be interpreting your post wrong. Delhomme was the number 1 all along in reality here in Carolina, I live in Charlotte. But you are right Delhomme was a replacement but it was no accident he was groomed as the starter the minute he singed with the panthers.

I hope that translates to the Feeley situation.

I know 2002 when McNabb got hurt Detmer was his back up then Detmer got Hurt the Feeley took over to me he did better than both of them and run the team pretty good not to have much experience I know alot of people is not willing to give him a chance but I am.

Back
Top Bottom