He was NOT a 3rd stringer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He was NOT a 3rd stringer

According to scouting reports, AJ Feeley is not mobile.

Let's go through the list of teams that DO NOT have a mobile QB:

Patriots - Tom Brady
Panthers - Jake Delhomme
Bills - Drew Bledsoe
Jets - Chad Pennington
Colts - Peyton Manning
Packers - Brett Favre
Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck
Redskins - Mark Brunell/Patrick Ramsey
Buccaneers - Brad Johnson
Rams - Mark Bulger
Bears - Rex Grossman
Texans - David Carr
Lions - Joey Harrington
Giants - Kerry Collins
Chiefs - Trent Green
Bengals - Jon Kitna/Carson Palmer
Browns - Tim Couch/Kelly Holcombe
Jaguars - Byron Leftwich
Cardinals - Jeff Blake/Josh McCown
Raiders - Rich Gannon

There is a misconception that the league is being taken over by the new mobile QB---that is not true. Look at the QBs from the last 2 Superbowls (Delhomme/Brady & Gannon/Johnson)----4 NON-MOBILE QBs. Screw mobility, this is not NFL Street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

If McNabb got injured and had to miss a game, AJ Feeley would be the Eagles starting QB, not Koy Detmer. The reason Koy Detmer is ahead of Feely is because he is the holder on place kicks. If Feeley is #2 and Detmer is #3, Detmer can't hold on kicks because the #3 QB is an inactive player until the first two QBs get injured or it is the 4th quarter.

You contradict yourself here... if the 3rd stringer is inactive untill the 1st two go down or the 4th quarter... he wouldn't be able to go in as a #2 now would he? That is my definition as a 3rd stringer. Who are you to say that if McNabb was out for more than 1 week that he'd be elivated to starter and Koy would stay #2? Are you the coach of the Eagles? Didn't think so. You can call him the "Top Secret Emergency Reserve Starter" all you want... but that doesn't change the fact that its speculation and the fact that you can't argue with the depth chart. IMO if this was the case, then you teach AJ to hold. You don't put yourself in a situation of having to start a worse #2 than your #3 just for holding duties. Is AJ that incompetant that he couldn't learn to hold for the kicker? I find that argument highly suspect.

Feeley is better than JF, you guys make me feel like the only acceptable choice is Marino coming back.
The fins are making changes and dealing with current needs, we have our !st this year and a new QB that has shown he can get it done, he won 4 out of 5 when it counted November and December, this is more than we have done in the last 5 years.
We have a QB coach that knows talent,I', sure he had some input.

When Feelely had a good year, all these people bashing the move will be coming back saying, see i told you he was going to be great. They will also say great move Spielman and crap. The kid has a gun can make all throws, which Fiedler cannot. It was a great move whether you like it or not. Hes our new starter, lets quit crying support the move get him somelinemen and another receiver and lets get this train rolling. Welcome to South Florida AJ!!:)

Re: Re: Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey

Then you must NEVER have seen a game when Mcnabb got Hurt BECAUSE IT WAS ALLWAYS DETMER who came in for him PERIOD.

:rolleyes2

That's becuase if mcnabb got hurt within the first 3 quarters, and it was not a serious injury, if they bring in feely, mcnabb can NOT return to the game, that is why detmer would come in......

Originally posted by finzfan4life
When Feelely had a good year, all these people bashing the move will be coming back saying, see i told you he was going to be great. They will also say great move Spielman and crap. The kid has a gun can make all throws, which Fiedler cannot. It was a great move whether you like it or not. Hes our new starter, lets quit crying support the move get him somelinemen and another receiver and lets get this train rolling. Welcome to South Florida AJ!!:)

What cracks me up is all these "experts" come on here crying and whining about how we just screwed ourselves, and how A.J. is a third stringer.

Does it matter where he is on the depth chart? I mean really, does it?

1. He has a strong arm, and can make all the throws. That is something Jay doesn't have.

2. He won 4 crucial games late in the year for Philly. THAT is something Jay never did.

Give the guy a chance to play here folks.

And for you smug a$$ pats fans, I want to know what you would of said a couple years back, if your team came to you and said, "We are going to draft this kid Tom Brady in the 6th round...and we are going to start him, and win the Super Bowl THIS year."

??

This is quite possibly the dumbest move I've ever seen the Phinz make....

It's so bad, you can't even justify it. There's nothing on this guys resume' to make me feel any better about our QB situation. I've seen him play too, and he's like a mirror image of Fielder.....

Horrible decision. The worst we could have made....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:cry:

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
It's going to be funny when you have to eat your words.....

I will be more then happpy to eat mine if this turns out to be a good move.

Fact is it will be easy to say after the fact. "see it was a great move" If you agree with evey questionable move you are bound to be right eventually.

This a very good move.
The Fins were not going to win with Jay they need OL help and a solid receiver.
The Cap limits the ability to make big name moves so we have a good D and some good skill players in O, this team needs a real passing game, remember Dallas ,thats what the Fins were expected to play like, Jay made the throws and Ricky did his part.
If Feeley can consistently do what Jay did once this team will go far.

:eek:
This is a very questionable move!! Trying to talk yourself into " this is a great move mentality" just to make you feel better. Actually there is nothing in this guys background that justifies the price the fins are paying . The 4 games he won were against losing teams. We have that now with Jay!!

Last night i was ready to shoot myself over this move but after i woke up this morning i came to the conclusion that we are most likely going to get another first round pick and a third round pick for OGUN we should be able to upgrade our WR and OL in the first round and get a young DE and DB or another OL with the third rounders and maybe AJ is going to turn out and be a good QB he is a young player that could become something special. so a off season of a new young QB WR OL would be a success

Draft

OL Vernon Carey
WR Reggie Williams/Michael Clayton/Roy Williams
DE Nathaniel Adibi
DB Will Allen/Keiwan Ratliff
OL Jeb Terry/Shannon Snell

Does anyone have clips from the 5 games Feely played in 2002?

Or know where I can find some, I'm dying to see this kid throw the ball.

LAfin remember Jay losing to the Vikings two years ago it cost us the postseason.
This guy won when we never have he got the Eagles into the postseason and did it without any experience.
I'm not just being positive this is a good thing.
Something else it sure looks like we have a GM Jay is gone.
Rick to Jay "Jay, YOU ARE FIRED"

Originally posted by LAfinfan
Actually there is nothing in this guys background that justifies the price the fins are paying .

The Eagles were going to give him the 1st round tender this week. That would have meant a 2003 #1 pick for Feeley. They didn't want to let him walk for nothing. And the minimum tender would have also meant that he walks away for 5th round pick. They were not going to let him walk quite that easily. Especially when he was eager to go.

Back
Top Bottom