He was NOT a 3rd stringer | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He was NOT a 3rd stringer

Originally posted by dan the fin
Read this article and then you should understand what people mean when they say he was not really there third string QBhttp://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/6645353.htm

A quote from the article
After last night's preseason

finale against the New York Jets, Feeley, by the numbers, clearly has outperformed Detmer.

Against New York, Feeley

completed six of eight passes for 84 yards and an interception to bring his final preseason numbers to 26-for-43 for 223 yards, with three touchdowns and an interception.

Well the writer shouldnt put some much stock in PRESEASON games. COUGH.... Ray Lucas.... COUGH. Everyone knows preseason defenses are plain vanilla to the extreme so having good numbers in a preseason game doesnt carry alot of weight with me.

As for him being 3rd string because he can't hold the ball for david acres. That makes me even more scared about Feeley.

As for his much talked about season in 2002 his QB rating was a whoopoing 75.4 with 6 TD's and 5 Picks. Not bad but not good either.

And for gods sakes please dont say "He wins and thats what matters" I remember hearing this quite abit from the Fiedler era.

Again and again I will say I hope I am wrong about AJ. I am just scared I wont be. I must have been spoiled watching Dan all those years, sigh.

Feeley is the #3 simply because Detmer holds the ball for akers for kicks, as mentioned before. if mcnabb were to miss more then the game he was taken out of, Feeley would be the starter.

Feeley was the third string QB in Philly. Koy Detmer is Andy Reid's boy, that's why he chose to resign Koy last offseason instead of trying to lock up Feeley.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74

Let's go through the list of teams that DO NOT have a mobile QB:

Patriots - Tom Brady
Panthers - Jake Delhomme
Bills - Drew Bledsoe
Jets - Chad Pennington
Colts - Peyton Manning
Packers - Brett Favre
Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck
Redskins - Mark Brunell/Patrick Ramsey
Buccaneers - Brad Johnson
Rams - Mark Bulger
Bears - Rex Grossman
Texans - David Carr
Lions - Joey Harrington
Giants - Kerry Collins
Chiefs - Trent Green
Bengals - Jon Kitna/Carson Palmer
Browns - Tim Couch/Kelly Holcombe
Jaguars - Byron Leftwich
Cardinals - Jeff Blake/Josh McCown
Raiders - Rich Gannon

Favre, Hasselback, Carr, Harrington, Palmer, & Blake are all pocket mobile QBs. They aren't statues.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Do you remember when Damon Huard came in a few years ago in place of Dan, he won because he wasn't asked to win the games for the Fins, just not lose them.

most likely this is what we are asking of AJ plus we have a better D n the Ricky Factor. as long as AJ is accurate then the opponents will stop stacking 8-9 in a box against us.

Originally posted by MaraxusKA
It is a HUGE peeve of mine for people to be pissing on Feeley just because he doesn't have enough experience.

Cry me a river. Both Super Bowl teams this year had QBs that were at one point dug up from the ground themselves. Brady was a temporary replacement for Bledsoe when he was hurt a couple years ago. Delhomme, this year, was just a replacement for Rodney Peete. Both QBs managed to take their teams to the Super Bowl.

I think this is a great move. Feeley won games as a QB with Philly, is young, and has much more potential for greatness this year than Fiedler could possibly have at all right now. I'm glad the team is making efforts to mix the offense around and find winning formula instead of laying our backs on Fiedler for another year. In fact, I'd much rather trade/release Fiedler and make Griese our backup, since Griese was only given 4 games to succeed rather than 4 YEARS.

Sadly, Griese wasn't giving enough opportunity in Miami compared to JF.

I'll Give him a chance

I'm not bashing the guy. I Don't have anything against him . I hope he the next Dan Fouts. I just don't agree with the move that's all. He's our Qb as of now and I'll stick with him untill he gives me reason to be alarmed. "And that's all I Have to say about that"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets see.

Originally posted by Chisel Monkey

So I guess why Sage is our # 3 because he was beeter than Brian. Take off the Rose Colored glasses. I hope I'm %100 wrong, and I'll eat my words everyone.

Sage is the #3 b/c Brian is the #2, not only b/c that's who the kicker wants to hold... but because he is supposedly the better qb.... but after this year i dont know.

Back
Top Bottom