Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach : My Top 3 Personal Favorites...

1 - Bill Belichik
2 - Bill Cowher
3 - Bill Parcells

My top three. These are expensive Bills, but Wayne did say money is no object.

Bring on the BILLS!

I'm going to list my current "Top 3" favorite head coaching candidates{as of today}. Here we go....

1. Bill Cowher - If he's open for discussion, and the compensation isn't too heavy, Bill Cowher would be my first choice. He's proven, he's smart, and we know what we'd be getting in him based on his work while in Pittsburgh. Like I said, IF it's remotely possible, we should hire Bill Cowher in my opinion. The chances of hiring / finding another coach this off-season with his credecials, will be slim to none....

2. Cam Cameron - Right now, this guy is getting a lot of attention around the NFL. There isn't one team with a head coaching vacancy that isn't very interested in interviewing Cameron. He's one of the best game planners, and he knows how to get the most out of his QB's. He may not have been very successful in college, but he's come a long way since then in my opinion. Not to mention Indiana is not known for it's football program....

Cam Cameron would give our offense some new life, and scoring points is something this team is desperate for. If Cowher is a no go, Cameron is my choice to become our new head coach....

3. Ken Whisenhunt - Some say he's merely another version of Mike Mularkey, I think not. The Steelers offense has been very consistant under Whisenhunt, and there's a good reason why he's a strong candidate to replace Cowher. I like the football players / coaching that comes out of Pittsburgh too, they've always had a very proud / strong football foundation, and I would have confidence in hiring Whisenhunt based on that reason. He's a good, young, offensive minded coach who is up for promotion. If Cowher / Cameron aren't possibilities, I would very much like to focus on Whisenhunt....

Wild Card - Marty Shottenhiemer
=========================

There are rumors spreading that the Chargers are going to fire him at seasons' end. He's had poor relations with the ownership / management for some time now, and if he is fired, he'd be one of my first choices as Saban's replacement. I've always wanted Marty, even when Shula retired he was one of my first choices. He's still just as good now as he was then, and I love the intensity he brings to the entire team. If Shott get's the axe, I'm ready to hire him without hesitation....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

You were right on the money up until I see Marty Shottenhiemer at the bottom of the list.

I'm going to list my current "Top 3" favorite head coaching candidates{as of today}. Here we go....

1. Bill Cowher - If he's open for discussion, and the compensation isn't too heavy, Bill Cowher would be my first choice. He's proven, he's smart, and we know what we'd be getting in him based on his work while in Pittsburgh. Like I said, IF it's remotely possible, we should hire Bill Cowher in my opinion. The chances of hiring / finding another coach this off-season with his credecials, will be slim to none....

2. Cam Cameron - Right now, this guy is getting a lot of attention around the NFL. There isn't one team with a head coaching vacancy that isn't very interested in interviewing Cameron. He's one of the best game planners, and he knows how to get the most out of his QB's. He may not have been very successful in college, but he's come a long way since then in my opinion. Not to mention Indiana is not known for it's football program....

Cam Cameron would give our offense some new life, and scoring points is something this team is desperate for. If Cowher is a no go, Cameron is my choice to become our new head coach....

3. Ken Whisenhunt - Some say he's merely another version of Mike Mularkey, I think not. The Steelers offense has been very consistant under Whisenhunt, and there's a good reason why he's a strong candidate to replace Cowher. I like the football players / coaching that comes out of Pittsburgh too, they've always had a very proud / strong football foundation, and I would have confidence in hiring Whisenhunt based on that reason. He's a good, young, offensive minded coach who is up for promotion. If Cowher / Cameron aren't possibilities, I would very much like to focus on Whisenhunt....

Wild Card - Marty Shottenhiemer
=========================

There are rumors spreading that the Chargers are going to fire him at seasons' end. He's had poor relations with the ownership / management for some time now, and if he is fired, he'd be one of my first choices as Saban's replacement. I've always wanted Marty, even when Shula retired he was one of my first choices. He's still just as good now as he was then, and I love the intensity he brings to the entire team. If Shott get's the axe, I'm ready to hire him without hesitation....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

I would say Whisenhunt and then Cameron. I would love to have Cowher but I don't see him as a canidate because I seriously doubt if he would jump back in the fire this year. Expect him to stay out at least another year if he doesn't bolt for the college game.

1 - Bill Belichik
2 - Bill Cowher
3 - Bill Parcells

My top three. These are expensive Bills, but Wayne did say money is no object.

Bring on the BILLS!

Well, if you insist. Oh, you mean THOSE Bills.

i like mike martz, an offensive guy would be great to actually get this offense going as it has been poor the last 7 years.

I like Cameron, Rivera, Mora Jr. Not in any specific order. I wouldn't mind Bates, except his age might be an issue.

A younger coach and good GM can bring the team back to being competitive. And then build through the draft for continuity and continued success.

1-Mike Martz (look at what he did to the detroit offense) With peppers arm maybe chris chambers may improve.
Look at what he did to the Rams Superbowl team. He abandoned the run when he was with the Rams. As for what he did what the Lions, I wouldn't know.

I haven't heard anyone mention Rex Ryan, the Ravens DC. I'd like to take a look at him as well.

Just googled Rex Ryan and found this quote from an article absolutely hilarious:

Ryan, the son of Buddy Ryan -- the old dude who punched colleague Kevin Gilbride during a game -- and brother of Rob Ryan, Oakland's defensive coordinator, is the last defensive coach remaining from the Raven's 2000 Super Bowl run.

Linebacker Ray Lewis isn't ready to see Ryan move on, however:
"I've lost Marvin [Lewis], I've lost Jack [Del Rio], I've lost Mike Nolan. ... I ain't losing Rex."
Lewis then added, "Anyway, I told Rex I'd kill him if he left. He asked me if I was serious and I stared at him, did my pre-game Ray-Ray dance, and then walked out of the room. I don't think he'll be going anywhere."

HAHA, oh no looks like we can't get Ryan since Ray Lewis will literally kill him if he leaves. :sidelol:

http://ravens.aolsportsblog.com/2006/12/30/rex-ryan-could-be-biggest-branch-on-the-brian-billick-coaching-t/

Mike Martz will never win in the league. You can't win w/o a running game. Something he refuses to do. To bring him here, and not utilize the best player in this offense would be foolish.

Mike Martz will never win in the league. You can't win w/o a running game. Something he refuses to do. To bring him here, and not utilize the best player in this offense would be foolish.

Finally a sensible man!!

Back
Top Bottom